Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Did Elijah go to heaven without death

KrowMax

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shabd Mystic

• KrowMax

• Jor-el

• Hero of our time.

Ok Dude Relax ..Ahahaha..

Fortunately for you I am totally relaxed :)

Did Prophet Elijah go to heaven without experiencing death..?it is said that he taken to heaven without experiencing death.It is written in the bible that he was taken to heaven and his apprentice had succeeded him..

That happens every single day. There are thousands, if not millions, of people doing that around the world. That's exactly what mystics do once they have finally managed to completely still the mind. It's been going on since the dawn of time. The Bible has other specif references to unnamed people doing exactly that.

From "Sawan Singh - Discourses On Sant Mat:"

Meditation makes it possible for the disciple to die while still living in the material body, before the time comes for him actually to die. This is the "dying daily" referred to by St. Paul; the ascending each day to the higher spiritual worlds during the time of meditation. The soul rises to these worlds while one is engaged in contemplation in the same way as it rises to them at the time of death.

"As the wise tortoise retreats,

Its four feet under its shield

To escape from the outside torment;

So does the wise man draw, O Prince,

His five frail senses from the world

To merge in the Lord Divine."

(BhagwatGita 2:58)

"The land to which you after death shall go,

Seeking a death while living, reach thou here and now;

Such Yoga, Nanak, learn by dying so."

(Guru Nanak)

"Die thou in life, O Dadu!

For at death have all to die perforce.

What glory lies in dying in death?"

(Dadu Dayal)

"A grain may bear a rich harvest

But not before it dies in dust ;

For life abundant—our Soul's quest.

This is the way : one must in Him die first."

(Khwaja Hafiz)

"Before death cometh do they die

Who know, O Bahu, secrets of true Love."

(Sultan Bahu)

"When I forgot myself, then beheld I the face of my love,

And on every side did the beauty of the Beloved enrapt'ure me."

(Sheikh Saadi)

"Who saves his head, loses his head;

Who severs his, doth find another instead.

As wick of a candle when 'tis trimmed,

With light is it over brimmed."

(Kabir)

This so-called dying while living can be accomplished only by means of the practice of listening to the harmonies of the Shabd, which is the Word of God. These outer ears, alas, hear not that inner and Divine Melody, which is called the Shabd.

"In all the seven heavens doth reverberate the Word

Which fuddled fools have never heard."

(Khwaja Hafiz)

Edited by Shabd Mystic

From Baptist preacher turned surgeon, Dr. Julian Johnson's book "With A Great Master In India:"

There is no long face in the crowd. And why shouldn't they be happy? They have infinite wealth and power. Their lives are no longer limited to this land of shadow and trouble.
They can rise at will into regions of unclouded splendor.
They are the beloved sons of the Great Father and they have only to ask what they will and it is theirs. And the beauty of it is that they know all of this to be true and are now in possession of it. It is not something to be dreamed of as a far-off inheritance. And it is not a matter of faith. They have it now, and they know it. And so they are the happiest people on earth. Their lives can never be put into words, and it is quite incomprehensible to the average man of the world.

Death is a process normally described as how your soul is descending to Hades. It's called "tasting death". You (your soul) can be taken from Hades to another place, say, the third heaven to continue to work and to witness. You don't even need to go through the "descending to Hades" process, you can be directly taken to the Paradise (or Abraham's Bosom). Without going through the "descending to Hades" process, it is called "not tasting death".

And both Moses and Elijah ever appeared to Jesus Christ. It can be assumed that both Moses and Elijah are still in Third Heaven/Paradise/Abraham's Bosom to continue to work and witness for God, with Moses ever tasted death while Elijah not.

Bible authors are temple priests who well knew astronomy . When they said third heaven or . . they mean not other places other than our planet experience. Third heaven could could be three or two platonic year ago from now , or three months (3x2180years)ago from now. Best experience of Bug Out System to survive, on that time ? In Elijah time what humankind did to survive ?

Without going through the "descending to Hades" process, it is called "not tasting death".

Actually, "not tasting death" is a term used by mystics since the dawn of time. It refers to one finally having the soul to leave the body after you have been mediating long enough to adequately "purify" yourself. Once you are able to have the soul leave the body you have, in the words of Maharaj Sawan Singh. "won the battle of life."

When the soul "leaves the body" you have "died" in every way except that once you finish meditating the soul returns. It is otherwise the EXACT same thing as death. You travel, over time, to all the astral realms (and heavens) and all the causal realms, until you are finally able to go beyond the realms of "mind" and finally reach the region of Pure Soul, or God Himself (which doesn't happen until you yourself have become a perfect human being as the time spent meditating slowly erases any and all deficiencies).

Mystics do this every day. As Paul said in the Bible, "I die daily."

That is what Jesus is describing. Once you have "conquered death" through meditation you are guaranteed to never truly "taste death" like anyone who hasn't conquered it will surely do (I won't get into how that will be, I'll just say that it is anything but "pleasant").

This isn't a bunch of "fairy tales" or fantasies. It is VERY real. And only those who have done it truly know just how real it is. The rest just sit around wrongly "interpreting" the mystics because they have no earthly idea what they are talking about and never believe it's even possible to be anything like what they actually meant.

Bible authors are temple priests who well knew astronomy . When they said third heaven or . . they mean not other places other than our planet experience. Third heaven could could be three or two platonic year ago from now , or three months (3x2180years)ago from now. Best experience of Bug Out System to survive, on that time ? In Elijah time what humankind did to survive ?

Actually they did mean something very different but you would never know that unless you've been there. The only options it seems are to go there and find out what it truly means or sit around acting like you know what it means. Personally, if I were you, I'd just trust the countless mystics throughout history who've been there rather than those who don't have any idea what they are talking about.

But that's just me. Your mileage may vary. :P

Actually they did mean something very different but you would never know that unless you've been there. The only options it seems are to go there and find out what it truly means or sit around acting like you know what it means. Personally, if I were you, I'd just trust the countless mystics throughout history who've been there rather than those who don't have any idea what they are talking about.

But that's just me. Your mileage may vary. :P

As i say it before bible is encoded astronomical and polytheist beliefs of ancients.I know the mysthical or escatological teaching in it.But i wrote from astronomical view of its teaching.

As i say it before bible is encoded astronomical and polytheist beliefs of ancients.I know the mysthical or escatological teaching in it.But i wrote from astronomical view of its teaching.

The "astronomical view of its teaching" is fine as are the other hundred or so views of its teaching.

I was only referring to what it's teaching was literally talking about vs. any of the countless "views" of what it was saying.

To give you the Islamic perspective on Elijah (idris). According to Islamic tradition Elijah was carried by the angels to heaven and he experienced death on route. A mighty prophet! Every soul shall taste death, but only Jesus (according to Islamic tradition has not tasted death yet) Jesus will taste death on his second coming.

Does a rapture occur in Islamic religious beliefs ? I always thought the King James version of the rapture to mean that the generation alive at the time of the second coming would not face death.

The "astronomical view of its teaching" is fine as are the other hundred or so views of its teaching.

I was only referring to what it's teaching was literally talking about vs. any of the countless "views" of what it was saying.

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [them] before me. "Luk 19:27

I understand your cynical statements.Don't be stu+++

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [them] before me. "Luk 19:27

I understand your cynical statements.Don't be stu+++

You clearly don't understand at all.

• 1 month later...

Do you two arguing in each other??

Bump..