Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Who first lived on Earth?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    KrowMax

KrowMax

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

• Evil Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:18 PM

I am wondering whose the first to live her in our world.According to bible is that Adam and Eve is were the first to live here because they created by god next to the world..But according to science the dinosaur were her in earth about 2 million years ago..but they said that at that time man does not longer exist that time..So your choice but me i believe in bible cause i believe in god.So choose now..

Edited by Rodegil, 05 January 2012 - 02:21 PM.

Evil Person Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

#2    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,630 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

View PostRodegil, on 05 January 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

I am wondering whose the first to live her in our world.According to bible is that Adam and Eve is were the first to live here because they created by god next to the world..But according to science the dinosaur were her in earth about 2 million years ago..but they said that at that time man does not longer exist that time..So your choice but me i believe in bible cause i believe in god.So choose now..

The two are not mutually exclusive. The Bible is predominantly about the origins of mankind, whereas science includes ALL life on Earth.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#3    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,168 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Neither. Single celled organisms.

#4    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

• like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

well there is no fossil record of any humanid prior to 250,000 years ago i beleive?

we know that dinosaurs were around millions of years ago.

i know who i beleive was around first, the common ancestor, our single celled great great great .... 10^6 grandads.

#5    Zwin666

Zwin666

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

Dinosaurs were 64 million years ago, and that was just when they died out. Then came the ages of the mammals, and humans, as usual came out of Africa about two million years ago. But as for the first to exist on earth, I would go with micro organisms and bacteria.

#6    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,258 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Viruses, bacteria, single cells.

#7    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

Certainly Adam and Eve were not the first humans. If they were we would all be related, which DNA can prove that we are not.  We more likely evolved just like all the other animals, insects, fish etc.    How boring eh? :)
(or did we come from aliens)

#8    felines3

felines3

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• The more normal something appears to be,
    The more insane; it actually is.

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:18 PM

Dinosaurs.  Cave people. Evolution put us here. :yes:

#9    thewatchman7

thewatchman7

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

• like joseph stalin, and ghandi,
    im the cult of personality!

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 05 January 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Certainly Adam and Eve were not the first humans. If they were we would all be related, which DNA can prove that we are not.  We more likely evolved just like all the other animals, insects, fish etc.    How boring eh? :)

i never got that, how did we get various races etc from two people?

#10    Scepticus

Scepticus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

• Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:21 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 05 January 2012 - 03:03 PM, said:

Hmm i thought our DNA showed early humans were inbreeding?

Remember reading it in some science magazine many years ago.

:D

Edited by Scepticus, 05 January 2012 - 03:22 PM.

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.

#11    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostScepticus, on 05 January 2012 - 03:21 PM, said:

Hmm i thought our DNA showed early humans were inbreeding?

Remember reading it in some science magazine many years ago.

:D

I have no doubt that some inbreeding went on, and in some parts of the world still continues. But we dont all come from the same family tree.
If Adam and Eve were the first humans, then incest would have had to be the 'in thing' otherwise humans would have died out rather quickly.

Edited by Englishgent, 05 January 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#12    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 05 January 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

I have no doubt that some inbreeding went on, and in some parts of the world still continues. But we dont all come from the same family tree.
If Adam and Eve were the first humans, then incest would have had to be the 'in thing' otherwise humans would have died out rather quickly.

Well from what I recall their sons had wives without any mention of there being daughters. So I guess God made Adam and Eve, gave some more thought about breeding, and said "yeah that's gross, I'm going to make more of them". :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#13    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,052 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:18 PM

This is the way the whole thing was explained to me. Take my phrasing with a grain of salt please, I mean no discourtesy to anyones faith by phrasing it the way I do.

God makes pretty much everything before man, makes man, takes a day off. The info of what specifically was created when is kind of sparse, like animals were created, but the order of their creation isn't listed.

Depending on what version of Genesis one reads, apparently Adam was made somewhere else, and placed in a garden to the east of where he was created- Eden. While in Eden Eve was created from one of Adams ribs. Eve gave birth sometime after they left Eden. Cains wife came from the land of Nod. He hooked up with her after being kicked out of the place where Adam and Eve settled after getting kicked out of Eden.
Only two other children are mentioned by name, Abel who ends up dead before having kids, and Seth who is the grandfather X for Noah if I'm not mistaken. It is also mentioned that Adam has other sons and daughters after Seth, but they really aren't mentioned by name.

So we have two groups, those from Eden who originally were made west of Eden, and the people from Nod, the land east of Eden where Cain and likely other siblings of his found spouses.

There's a third group to mix the DNA up- sons of God. There's a bit that speaks of how the sons of God found the daughters of humans beautiful, and married with them. Not sure what sons of God really are.

Again, I have to state this is how it was explained to me when I wondered where Cains wife came from, and why we didn't inbreed/incest ourselves out of existence. It made sense to me :)

#14    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

Ronald McDonald and his damn franchises....

Edited by BrianPotter, 05 January 2012 - 08:04 PM.

#15    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• 1,990 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:45 AM

View PostRodegil, on 05 January 2012 - 02:18 PM, said:

according to science the dinosaur were her in earth about (2 x 32.5) million years ago.
Fixed it.

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users