Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Police: Mutilated Cow Found at Northland Farm

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#16    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostFarmerboy, on 07 January 2012 - 02:51 PM, said:

Well a vet isn't a forensic scientist and the cost of a post mortem would be more than the price of the animal. If a person was mutilated when alive there would be bloodloss, bruising etc, if burnt alive there would be smoke in the lungs etc. Its also easy to jump to conclusions, the work of a scavenger can look like that of a professional with a scalpal.

Sorry Farmerboy. It would appear that we were both typing replies at the same time. I fully agree with what you have said :)

#17    Farmerboy

Farmerboy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:03 PM

View PostSevastiel, on 07 January 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

My own thoughts?Cow was sick.Not sure how insurance covers that, but freak accident is probably covered.If you're a rancher, you probably learn a little something about caring for your own cattle to avoid the high costs of veterinary service.Otherwise, sounds like media sensationalism.Good share anyway though (I thought).  Never know.

Farmers will often say you know your beat when you need the vet  :lol: When we do give in we often steal ideas and techinques the vets use to avoid their services the next time unless it is an emergency as its on the small proceedures they make their money, my dad once got a bill for £30 for asking the vets opinion on an animal, nothing to do with treating it :hmm:

View PostLilly, on 07 January 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

Excellent hypothesis.  :tu: I'm always amazed at how some people seem to be so willing to jump to outrageous and/or paranormal conclusions before ruling out more common rational explanations.

#18    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• 1,563 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:17 PM

If this is other animals doing this then someone please explain why it doesn't happen all the time ?   Why isn't this a bigger story ?  I mean taking taking the aliens out of it something is going on really strange.

#19    Farmerboy

Farmerboy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:37 PM

View Postohio state buckeyes, on 07 January 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

If this is other animals doing this then someone please explain why it doesn't happen all the time ?   Why isn't this a bigger story ?  I mean taking taking the aliens out of it something is going on really strange.

It does happen all the time thats why its not a bigger story, just most farmers have the sense to know it was the crows, foxes and other scavengers which take advantage very quickly. Its easy for people to jump to conclusions if they have never encountered such a thing.

#20    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• 1,563 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:04 PM

View PostFarmerboy, on 07 January 2012 - 06:37 PM, said:

It does happen all the time thats why its not a bigger story, just most farmers have the sense to know it was the crows, foxes and other scavengers which take advantage very quickly. Its easy for people to jump to conclusions if they have never encountered such a thing.
Your wrong! it doesn't happen all the time or Ranchers and Vets would not being going on tv to talk about it.  Many times there is no foot prints I guess the animals are covering up their track so we wont suspect them.  Also it was close to the guys home so you would think other animals would be making noise and freaking if  scavengers were there.

#21    Zarifa

Zarifa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

I expect many of you are not old enough to remember when cattle mutilations were a widespread mystery in the 1970s. Having been a dairy farmer at the time, I recall how many trade magazines were dedicated to stories of this phenomenon, which was never resolved to anyone's satisfaction. Farmers are pragmatic, and well acquainted with all possible explanations. Occurances may have diminished, but the mystery remains.

#22    Farmerboy

Farmerboy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Postohio state buckeyes, on 07 January 2012 - 07:04 PM, said:

Your wrong! it doesn't happen all the time or Ranchers and Vets would not being going on tv to talk about it.  Many times there is no foot prints I guess the animals are covering up their track so we wont suspect them.  Also it was close to the guys home so you would think other animals would be making noise and freaking if  scavengers were there.

I am a Farmer and I have experienced these things many times, and most of us just get on with it. Then you get the people who want to make aa big song and dance about it. In this case the animal was sick and isolated from the others, a standard practice. It also occured at night, the cattle would be either sleepingor lying down chewing their cud and wouldnt see much. Ive had to slip into fields at 4am and calve cows and the rest of the herd were none the wiser. Cattle dont freak out as easily as people think and unless the scavenger was a direct threat i dont feel that they would have made a ruckus.

As for footprints you have to take into consideration the terrain, not all substrates produce footprints depending on how hard or grassy the ground was and if there were any they can be easy to miss if you dont know what you are looking for.

A couple of years ago two akitas took down a deer on my land and you wouldnt have known they were there only for seeing them in the act. I went down the next day, no blood, no footprints and they were big dogs.

#23    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,782 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

This is getting utterly insane !! Tip a cow and flip him ont a big sheet of poly  drain the blood, for your witch craft party and outta there !
Simple  right?
Well hold your horns pardner ! THose cows drink just like everyone ! It could of been an accident !

Attached Files

This is a Work in Progress!

#24    King Fluffs

King Fluffs

The Resident Misanthrope

• 1,111 posts

• Shadows protect my angel in white...

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:26 PM

It was me.

#25    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:37 PM

View PostKing Fluffs, on 07 January 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

It was me.

I knew it.  :angry:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#26    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:49 PM

Just wondering what percentage of "alien mutilation" cases come about cows, and how many cases we have 'bout "alien mutilation" of, say, alpacas, camels, or zebras? Do aliens just love bull s*** (instead of alpaca s***, zebra s***, etc)?

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#27    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,608 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:59 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 07 January 2012 - 08:49 PM, said:

Just wondering what percentage of "alien mutilation" cases come about cows, and how many cases we have 'bout "alien mutilation" of, say, alpacas, camels, or zebras? Do aliens just love bull s*** (instead of alpaca s***, zebra s***, etc)?

quite a philosopher, on the quiet...aren't you bmk..... :P

Posted Image

#28    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 10,608 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

anyway...this is my speculation about cattle/animal mutation.

Nothing to do with aliens...

probably long distance surgical experiments...advanced medical technology.

Possibly so that surgery can be performed at a distance...maybe if an injured person was 'behind enemy lines'

or something like that...

and needed emergency surgery.....but the equipment couldn't be got there...although the basic nursing staff would be there.

And they practice on the poor animals in the fields.... :cry:

well....it's a theory... :passifier:

And the bonus would be that people think it's aliens....become more suspiscious of 'aliens'

also the 'alien' thing is cover for the experiments..

:unsure2:

Edited by bee, 07 January 2012 - 09:50 PM.

Posted Image

#29    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,129 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:03 PM

Those alien steaks are ok, but you can't beat a good ol' earth steak.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#30    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• 1,563 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostFarmerboy, on 07 January 2012 - 07:47 PM, said:

I am a Farmer and I have experienced these things many times, and most of us just get on with it. Then you get the people who want to make aa big song and dance about it. In this case the animal was sick and isolated from the others, a standard practice. It also occured at night, the cattle would be either sleepingor lying down chewing their cud and wouldnt see much. Ive had to slip into fields at 4am and calve cows and the rest of the herd were none the wiser. Cattle dont freak out as easily as people think and unless the scavenger was a direct threat i dont feel that they would have made a ruckus.

As for footprints you have to take into consideration the terrain, not all substrates produce footprints depending on how hard or grassy the ground was and if there were any they can be easy to miss if you dont know what you are looking for.

A couple of years ago two akitas took down a deer on my land and you wouldnt have known they were there only for seeing them in the act. I went down the next day, no blood, no footprints and they were big dogs.
Then why did it ever become something the FBI Investigated ? I mean it should have been happening for ever and the ranchers would have never thought nothing about it .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users