Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Iran...are we going to attack them

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#31    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,521 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 06:56 PM

View PostEcto76, on 08 January 2012 - 06:22 PM, said:

In the end; its all about $$$$ and where we can make the most money. Its all about politics and where they can throw around the most power in politics.

But, I agree about the drone. I had to laugh when Obama had to ask Iran politely for it back? Like a country with Nuclear Weapons "intentions" is going to play nice and return our spying technology? LMAO!

I read on Fox News Headlines last night that Iran has stated that they plan to share their breaking technology of Uranium Ore with Nations like Africa who have Uranium that can help fuel Nuclear Reactors. So does this mean they already have Nukes? Probably, and also why we are sending drones to spy to collect evidence of it.
This is why Faux News should be banned, Africa is NOT a nation, it IS a Continent...

#32    MedicTJ

MedicTJ

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

View Postand then, on 08 January 2012 - 12:58 AM, said:

Today the Iranian military is rattling sabers about closing the choke point for about a sixth of the WORLDS oil.  The US and some allies are making calculations of how to handle the temporary disruption and prices are climbing just because of the talk.  Consensus is (often wrong) the disruption would be for a few days while Iran's navy is destroyed.  But what if Iran already possessed a nuke?  Then defying the nutty mullahs would involve a potential exchange of nuclear weps.  
The game stakes get MUCH bigger and so do the consequences for a mistake.  Today the Iranians have, in their benevolence, offered to share the knowledge for the nuclear fuel cycle with any African nation that has Uranium deposits.  It's a cluster any way you approach it and I expect a miscalculation will be the spark for a deepening crisis that no one is prepared for today.
One last thing though:  note to self...if someone says they're going to kill you - take them seriously just in case :tu:

If Iran does possess one or more nuclear weapons, then we all know where those are headed if they decide to launch them.  I highly doubt they'd hit the target and would be destroyed in flight but it would also prompt Israel to respond in kind.....and as far as I know Iran has no missile shield.

The dumbest thing Iran could do is attempt a strike like that.  There's no way they could win....but the more I read what Ahmadinejad says....the more I believe he doesn't really care.  There are some who have alluded that he is calling himself the Islamic Mahdi.  

It's pretty scary when you actually feel comforted that the Ayatollah runs the whole deal there.

Dr. Phil says that marriage is hard work.

I say....if marriage is hard work, you're doing it wrong.  Love is not work.  Love is eternal.

http://www.reverbnat...om/tjflickinger

#33    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

"We" all know where Israel's nuclear weapons are aimed as well.

To the OP, why in the world would we "attack" Iran?

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#34    tapirmusic

tapirmusic

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

View PostTHE MATRIX, on 09 January 2012 - 08:43 PM, said:

When the next Republican President gets voted into the White House. That President will claim WMDs and drag us into another 10 year war and at the same time will try to pick a fight with N. Korea and end up dragging the US into a second war with N. Korea.

Oh I see what you did there...

Dubya personally ruined your life.

I get it...

:wacko:

#35    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,753 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

View Postninjadude, on 10 January 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

I guess I'm not one of the "we".  Where are Israel's nukes pointed?  And when (40+ years) have they threatened anyone with them?

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#36    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,753 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:18 PM

View Postkeithisco, on 10 January 2012 - 06:56 PM, said:

This is why Faux News should be banned, Africa is NOT a nation, it IS a Continent...
Really?  Do they ban media outlets in Spain for typos?  If so that's pretty stern.  Much sterner than say, voting down a government that was willing to stand against terrorism just because you got a little bloodied in the fight. :cry:

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#37    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

View Postninjadude, on 10 January 2012 - 10:00 PM, said:

I don't know...??? Posted Image

It has been a hot topic among the Repub candidates saying the Obama is weak or Ron Paul has dangerous foreign policy...and 5 out of 6 of them speak aggressively about implementing military force against Iran.

Which begs to ask...Why is it the Republicans always seem to have a war or military action simmering and brewing on the back burner?

I have a theory...it's the Military Industrial machine they are all somehow connected to for personal gain...be it direct investment in the weapons contractors or indirectly through suppliers to them...they broadcast fear tactics to get Americans to accept the expenditure of huge amounts of taxes toward these "investments" and they reap the rewards...same could be done if these "military contractors" became "General Contractors" and built bridges instead of bombs...roads instead of warships...instead of soldiers going off to die, you have construction workers going to work...

Sorry...makes sense to me...but it's just my opinion though...

#38    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

View Postand then, on 11 January 2012 - 03:19 AM, said:

I guess I'm not one of the "we".  Where are Israel's nukes pointed?  And when (40+ years) have they threatened anyone with them?

At Iran.

When did Iran threaten anyone? (and no whathisname did not say that)

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#39    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostDamrod, on 11 January 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

It has been a hot topic among the Repub candidates saying the Obama is weak or Ron Paul has dangerous foreign policy...and 5 out of 6 of them speak aggressively about implementing military force against Iran.

Which begs to ask...Why is it the Republicans always seem to have a war or military action simmering and brewing on the back burner?

I have a theory...it's the Military Industrial machine they are all somehow connected to for personal gain...be it direct investment in the weapons contractors or indirectly through suppliers to them...they broadcast fear tactics to get Americans to accept the expenditure of huge amounts of taxes toward these "investments" and they reap the rewards...same could be done if these "military contractors" became "General Contractors" and built bridges instead of bombs...roads instead of warships...instead of soldiers going off to die, you have construction workers going to work...

You got it in one.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#40    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:46 PM

View Postninjadude, on 11 January 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

At Iran.

At USA last week or week before that and Iraq during the Iraq-Iran war.

#41    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostDamrod, on 11 January 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

I don't see that, There's too many roads and anyway Iran is capable to do that with China, Russia and North Korea, it does not want help from the West, no matter who is President or Prime Minister. Even if America did not go to war, Iran would still grow and grow and with hatred against the West and Israel, to me that's a huge concern.. with North Koreans helping to build Iran, that's even a bigger concern. the only way Iran will attack is by Israel attacking Syria, but I don't see that happening

#42    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:28 PM

View PostErix, on 11 January 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

Meaningless drivel. We get the same thing several times a year from North Korea.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#43    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,278 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

View PostErix, on 11 January 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

Even if America did not go to war, Iran would still grow and grow and with hatred against the West and Israel, to me that's a huge concern.

How does that affect you personally? How does it affect your country? Is there something wrong with a foreign nation "growing"? if so we have a lot of problems. There are a lot of nations that hate the "west". That's not a big concern. Your really problem seems to be that you irrationally hate Iran for something you can't describe.

- Friedrich Nietzsche

#44    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,753 posts

Aristotle

Posted 12 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

View Postninjadude, on 11 January 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

At Iran.

You're choosing to be obtuse.  Ahmadinejad (like most muslims) is an Israel/America hater and he frequently talks about them being destroyed.  He is waiting on the mahdi for heaven's sake.  Check into Islamic eschatology about who that is and what it means for anyone who doesn't want to be a slave to the evil religiopolitical system of Islam.  Oh wait, being enslaved is okay if you can win a political argument...
Applying your own set of morals to this system of conquest and domination is useless.  Read their own scriptures...read translations of their speeches to their own people.
The answer that you refused to acknowledge about Israel is that they have NEVER threatened anyone with annihilation. **EDIT**

**Tone it down, And Then.**

And I make no distinction between so called radicals and "moderates" because in 10 years of war the moderates have yet to even push a PR campaign against the terror thugs of their shared "religion of peace".  We are in a war for our survival as a nation with a distinct culture.  People like you make the argument sound like a civil rights debate. Not sure what if anything will get you to choose sides with America but the choice may have real consequences soon.

Edited by aquatus1, 12 January 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#45    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 15,208 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:20 AM

View PostErix, on 11 January 2012 - 10:46 PM, said:

Iran threatened Iraq during the Iran-Iraq war?   Please tell me this is a joke so I can stop laughing.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users