Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What If "They" Are Lying to Us?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16    ProfessorWhat

ProfessorWhat

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:07 AM

#17    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:10 PM

Of course news organizations are bias. But then so are the various blogs and videos on the internet. Since we can't be everywhere we need to get our news from somewhere and personally I trust the new organizations more than the random blogs that try to put out the "truth". The key is being aware of the bias and adjust your information intake accordingly.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#18    ProfessorWhat

ProfessorWhat

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:04 PM

New York Times Caught Lying about Iran & IAEA Report on Civilian Nuclear Program

#19    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#20    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

View Postacidhead, on 19 February 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

My opinion of Ron Paul can never be tainted by any single persons opinion.This man is a self thinker,not ruled by drivel spouted out by the left or the right.I am not saying he is perfect no one is,but this man had some of the best ideas that could have been implemented to help this country.Though such a shift has happened in this countries ways of thinking,the sheeple would prefer to be lead like lambs to slaughter.The pride before the fall,most here think we are impervious because we are america!This country needs to be woke up,our time is coming and most wont have a clue what the hell to do when it does.All empires fall,from the look of things and the way things are going i think we will be next.Just my opinion

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#21    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

My understanding is that the present US government is the oldest continuous legal government in the world (that is, with each transition of rulers being according to the rules)  Maybe its time to call another constitutional convention and take a close look at the rules, since the present system seems to be getting more and more bogged down.

#22    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 February 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

My understanding is that the present US government is the oldest continuous legal government in the world (that is, with each transition of rulers being according to the rules)  Maybe its time to call another constitutional convention and take a close look at the rules, since the present system seems to be getting more and more bogged down.

The biggest problem with this thought frank is this country has been split over the past few decades of left or right.For most there is no middle ground anymore it is either you are for or against my group.That is it some prefer to do on their own some prefer for others to do for them.The parties recognized this so they became one and the same.No original thought,no individual freedoms.You are either in one or the other for their ideas of progress.Its sickening it is crazy and i never thought years back that i would have ever thought this way,but i find myself agreeing more and more with the way canada does things than the way we do in the us.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#23    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,640 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 February 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

IMO, Frank, it isn't the mechanics of the Constitution as much as the weakness and incivility of the men and women who are using it for their own ends.  The document always worked as long as it was being used as it was intended and by people of honest character and conscience.  Our problem today is that we have learned everything about how to use every nuance of law but forgotten the moral basis for it.  We lie to ourselves about motives - demand a "free" ride from government and vote for those who will promise it, then raise hell when we cannot pay our debts.  It's gone on so long that the pols know how it ends but won't sacrifice their ambitions to make a stand and tell the truth loudly (except for a few) and their biggest worry is to position themselves so as to not be left without a chair when the music stops.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#24    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:27 AM

America always has been a nation ruled by lawyers.  I must say I have a dim view of the profession.  They mainly exist to help people get their way about things even if they have no right to it, or to help others resist such efforts.  This is one of the things that brings down empires -- they become more and more bound by rules and procedures.  Nowadays Lincoln would long ago have been impeached.

#25    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 February 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

America always has been a nation ruled by lawyers.  I must say I have a dim view of the profession.  They mainly exist to help people get their way about things even if they have no right to it, or to help others resist such efforts.  This is one of the things that brings down empires -- they become more and more bound by rules and procedures.  Nowadays Lincoln would long ago have been impeached.

Agreed with what you have said frank,though i prefer to reference washington,jefferson,or roosevelte (teddy) you know my opinions on lincoln-good president-did a lot of good things,though to much has been credited to this man that was not his intentions even if it was the right thing to do was not by his own thoughts.Though this is for another topic which we have already discussed. :tu:

#26    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

I agree with you.  My general feeling without getting specific is that the US elects a man to be their president and gives him the responsibility but not the power.

A basic rule I learned back when I was studying management is that when you give someone a job, you must also empower them to do that job.

#27    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,351 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 19 February 2013 - 10:49 AM, said:

I agree with you.  My general feeling without getting specific is that the US elects a man to be their president and gives him the responsibility but not the power.

A basic rule I learned back when I was studying management is that when you give someone a job, you must also empower them to do that job.

A smart person you are frank,though i am positive you know this man/woman must be qualified to do their job.Sun-tzu was a master at responsibility and power one of my favorite historical figures!I am starting to believe these types are almost extinct among the people we elect anymore.I am sure you know i am not implying that sun tzu was in any way elected,i just mean true leaders of people are a dieing breed.Not many around these days who are qualified.

#28    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 13,997 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

That gets into an area unpopular with Americans -- the simple fact that democratic votes tend to elect good politicians, not good rulers.  The "founding fathers" were a small self-selected group of elite aristocrats, but they set up institutions that stopped that process and instead put limited popular elections into place -- and over time even the limits they put on popular rule have generally been removed.

Part of the problem is that very few voters know the candidates well enough to cast a responsible vote, yet they all convince themselves they do.  Part is also that good rulers must often should do unpopular things.  Part is that politicians stay in power by flattering the voters and lying to them and handing out favors in one way or another (the Democrats mainly directly, the Republicans mainly with tax breaks).

#29    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Late to the party Acidhead, but I could not agree more!  It is sad to realize how brainwashed so many americans are.

#30    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,294 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

I love Judge Andrew! He tells it like it is, and I recommend that folks watch his clips on You Tube. He touches the political third rail in the clip in this thread. He demonstrates that both emperors claim to wear blue clothes or red clothes, but they wear no clothes. In fact, there might be just one nude emperor. He goes by different names. You can call him Democratic or Republican, but his real name is Establishment. He changes his name, but his imperial decrees remain the same.

There is one reality with billions of versions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users