Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFOs filmed over Mt. Bisbino in Italy

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#16    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,476 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:28 PM

View Postquillius, on 09 January 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

seems as though the suggestions of reflection or lanterns were not sarcastic.

One would have thought that any zooming would either remove the reflection, increase it in size and/or change position....none of these happened as far as I could tell, hence why I think it cannot be a reflection.

As for lanterns, well...not sure what to say apart from asking again...really?

edit to add: reading back it seems that the lanterns was not actually a suggestion, apologies.

Sorry Quillius, I'm just always sceptical because of findings like this.....
".... ninety five percent of all UFO sightings can be explained as ordinary phenomena, leaving five percent of the sightings unexplainable." -- Source: http://www.openminds...paranormal-712/

Believe me when I say, I'd love there to be aliens flying about, watching us.  I'd love it even more if they took over this world in place of all the corrupt and incompetent politicians and financiers.

Edited by Eldorado, 09 January 2012 - 02:31 PM.

#17    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,016 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:30 PM

View PostEldorado, on 09 January 2012 - 02:28 PM, said:

Sorry Quillius, I'm just always sceptical because of findings like this.....
".... ninety five percent of all UFO sightings can be explained as ordinary phenomena, leaving five percent of the sightings unexplainable." -- Source: http://www.openminds...paranormal-712/

No, my apologies, I feel I came across rather rude and didnt mean to.

I too am always sceptical and agree that at the very least 95% can be explained, probably over 99% to be honest, however I am alwyas sceptical of solutions that are put forward that (to me) obviously do not fit.

:tu:

#18    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

ITS THE BORG! :alien:  :lol:

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#19    ohio state buckeyes

ohio state buckeyes

Psychic Spy

• 1,563 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:40 PM

Not saying its a ufo but sightings like this get made fun because it could be many things, and if its clearly r a craft people jump straight to it being military or faked.

#20    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,476 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

View PostNuke_em, on 09 January 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

ITS THE BORG! :alien:  :lol:

That would only be cool if they all looked like Seven of Nine. :)

#21    Kali74

Kali74

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

• Out of the tens of thousands of sightings all over the world, only one need be true.
    -Jon Cypher (loosely)

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:04 PM

Definitely not reflections or lanterns, neither come close to fitting the behavior of these two objects. But they're not alien ships either, sadly. UFOlogy is abut to be bombarded by an enemy worse than sky lanterns. RC Hover Copters, which come in quad, hex, octo so far, the 2 in the video look like quads. Also be wary of hovering drones as law enforcement world-wide have deemed their peoples protests, threats...and of course this means every cop wanting a turn with their new toys.

I choose to live in hope, open to possibilites and risk dying wrong rather than to live looking down and possibly missing it all.
                                                                                                                                                                                     ~Me

#22    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,276 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

View PostEldorado, on 09 January 2012 - 02:42 PM, said:

That would only be cool if they all looked like Seven of Nine. :)

Agree best first contact ever :D

" Technology has exceeded our humanity. "

#23    Scepticus

Scepticus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

• Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:19 PM

View Postquillius, on 09 January 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

seems as though the suggestions of reflection or lanterns were not sarcastic.

One would have thought that any zooming would either remove the reflection, increase it in size and/or change position....none of these happened as far as I could tell, hence why I think it cannot be a reflection.

As for lanterns, well...not sure what to say apart from asking again...really?

edit to add: reading back it seems that the lanterns was not actually a suggestion, apologies.

Hey Quillius.

There's two reasons why I believe it could be reflection.

1. The person recording this is standing inside, behinde a window. Why?
If i had the chance, i would run outside to make a better shot of the "UFO" and do everything to get "its" attention. Possibly use some emergency flares/rockets to get its attention.

2. If you look at 0:13-0:14(South East) in the video, you will see a very faint light in a postion which would fit perfectly with a reflection. The same agian at 0:52-0:54(North East)

I am really skeptic about the UFO subject. Even if an alien standing right in front of me, I still had to poke it in the eye just to see.

I am always open for new explanations, but at this point a reflection suits me best.

What's your thoughts on this video Quillius?

:D

Edited by Scepticus, 09 January 2012 - 03:50 PM.

The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent.

#24    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,016 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostScepticus, on 09 January 2012 - 03:19 PM, said:

Hey Quillius.

There's two reasons why I believe it could be reflection.

1. The person recording this is standing inside, behinde a window. Why?
If i had the chance, i would run outside to make a better shot of the "UFO" and do everything to get "its" attention. Possibly using some emergency flares/rockets to get its attention.

2. If you look at 0:13-0:14(South East) in the video, you will see a very faint light in a postion which would fit perfectly with a reflection. The same agian at 0:52-0:54(North East)

I am really skeptic about the UFO subject. Even if an alien stood right in front of me, I still had to poke it in the eye just to see.

I am always open for new explanations, but at this point a reflection suits me best.

What's your thoughts on this video Quillius?

Hello Skepticus,

with regards to your first point, the 'WHY' can only be answered by much more detailed background on both position and person filming. We do not have any of this (taking your word for it that he/she is inside to start with) information to hand to enable us to speculate, however even this speculation is pointless and is in danger of becoming a logical fallacy is it not? i.e. because he doesnt move outside to film then it must be a reflection?

I have looked again and dont really see the faint lights you describe.

how do either of your two points/questions account for the arguments I made against a reflection?

my thoughts :) well apart from the obvious swamp gas or venus answer  :P , then I think Kali made an interesting suggestion with regards to controlled toys and for me this would be the front runner, seeing as the other two runners fell at the first hurdle...

Edited by quillius, 09 January 2012 - 03:53 PM.

#25    Scepticus

Scepticus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

• Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:12 PM

View Postquillius, on 09 January 2012 - 03:51 PM, said:

Hello Skepticus,

with regards to your first point, the 'WHY' can only be answered by much more detailed background on both position and person filming. We do not have any of this (taking your word for it that he/she is inside to start with) information to hand to enable us to speculate, however even this speculation is pointless and is in danger of becoming a logical fallacy is it not? i.e. because he doesnt move outside to film then it must be a reflection?

No no, this would just raise my suspicions that its a hoax.

As for the question on how i know he/she is indside, its shown in the first 2 secs of the video. A curtain and a window frame are quite visible.

I have looked again and dont really see the faint lights you describe.

You have to maximize the video, before you can see it and look at it frame by frame.

how do either of your two points/questions account for the arguments I made against a reflection?

my thoughts :) well apart from the obvious swamp gas or venus answer  :P , then I think Kali made an interesting suggestion with regards to controlled toys and for me this would be the front runner, seeing as the other two runners fell at the first hurdle...

A RC toy at that level? Taken all various natural occurrence(wind and stuff like that) into account, how is it possible?

#26    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,016 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostScepticus, on 09 January 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

No no, this would just raise my suspicions that its a hoax.

ok. However, I assume you agree it proves nothing either way.

As for the question on how i know he/she is indside, its shown in the first 2 secs of the video. A curtain and a window frame are quite visible.

ok noted, I was happy taking your word for it :)

You have to maximize the video, before you can see it and look at it frame by frame.

noted.

A RC toy at that level? Taken all various natural occurrence(wind and stuff like that) into account, how is it possible?

at that level? what level might that be?

its more possible than a reflection when taking into account my earlier points which are yet to be countered by the pro-reflection posters.

#27    Scepticus

Scepticus

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 247 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:46 PM

View Postquillius, on 09 January 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

ok. However, I assume you agree it proves nothing either way.

ok noted, I was happy taking your word for it :)

noted.

at that level? what level might that be?

its more possible than a reflection when taking into account my earlier points which are yet to be countered by the pro-reflection posters.

Before i can answer your earlier points i need to gather more information.

I'll revert soon

#28    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,016 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostScepticus, on 09 January 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

Before i can answer your earlier points i need to gather more information.

I'll revert soon

no problem.

peace  ;)  :D

#29    highdesert50

highdesert50

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

There is an obvious need for more information. But, it appears the photographer was using a tripod due to the relative stability of the imaging particularly when zoomed suggesting some sophistication on the part of the photographer and subsequently raising the question of why the equipment was not outside for clarity and to minimize reflection. Was the time to get outside perceived to be too lengthy?  There is also audio present and given the rather unusual event, one would expect behavior proportional to the novelty of event. Yet, we hear nothing relative to surprise, exclamation, nor even any narration.

Edited by highdesert50, 09 January 2012 - 07:48 PM.

#30    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,476 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

He/she could've opened the window. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users