Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The tipping point

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:57 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Phillip Tilley: In the movie “Back to School”, Rodney Dangerfield plays a middle aged self made millionaire who decides to attend college with his son, since he never went to college himself.  He is the same age as most of the Professors and asks a female professor on a date.  She says, “I can’t, I have class.”  He asks for a different time and again she says, “I can’t, I have class.”  He asks for a different day and again the lady professor says, “I can’t, I have class.”  Dangerfield then says, “Well why don’t you call me when you have no class?”  That was a funny line in 1986 but it is not so funny now.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,432 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 12 January 2012 - 10:57 PM

My main fear is the eventually the government/wealthy %5/corporations, will give people two choices.  Eat feces and pretend it's steak or solve the problem with violence.  I'm not into violence or feces and wouldn't mind having a government that would stop forcing both down our throats.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,975 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:03 AM

You make violence sound like a bad thing...It was revolution that gave us our country to begin with.  Well...maybe political change would be better but the politicians aren't willing to risk change because they know they'd almost never be reelected.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    Oen Anderson

Oen Anderson

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• We are all individuals and we are all special in our own unique way which really makes us quite ordinary!

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:13 PM

I always thought the raises I got were less than the actual inflation rate reported by the government.  Six years ago a salary survey where I work said we were all paid 30% less than we should be getting for the jobs we do.  The company fired the consultants and hired a different firm that agreed with them that we were making enough as it was.  I knew they were right in the first place and six years later now it is 40% according to the article.  I want my 40% raise please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users