Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Life outside galaxy exist?


  • Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16    PersonFromPorlock

PersonFromPorlock

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,274 posts
  • Joined:15 May 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • Few things do more harm than the belief that life should be Dramatic.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

My own understanding is that whatever starting values are put into the Drake equation, it always comes out with the universe being filled with technological civilizations. If so, then unless we find somebody pretty quickly the reasonable inference is that we are unique. Or, of course, that the Drake equation is a load of old poop.


#17    SpiritWriter

SpiritWriter

  • Member
  • 3,294 posts
  • Joined:21 Jun 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:on the ground

  • The greatest story ever told is Your story.

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Sure it does, why not? Why stop at one galaxy?

The letter kills but The Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:6

Non-ambiguity and non-contradiction are one sided and thus unsuited to express the incomprehensible. -Jung

#18    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 16,677 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Yeah ! Or Why stop at one Universe ? For that matter What is  " Go " and what is  " STOP "  ?

This is a Work in Progress!

#19    Nomad5000

Nomad5000

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada, SOL-3, Milky Way Galaxy

  • I Want To Live Long Enough To Live Forever!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

Let's start with this universe first before we leap!

The Universe is also ancient, 13.7 billion years. Our Solar System is 4.3 billion years old. If memory serves, the ten most common elements in the universe are also found on our planet Earth. Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the known Universe, helium is second and there appears to be water everywhere. As Carl Sagan once said, “we’re all made of star stuff”. All the fundamental elements of producing life make up The Universe and the Earth as well. They were creating from dying, exploding stars. Since I’m not a scientist with a reputation to protect, I can make this bold statement. My logic dictates to me that because everything in the known Cosmos is made of the same star stuff, including life, than The Universe is obviously teeming with life! Life is extremely tenacious. Just look at our own Earth for example. Life manages to grow and flourish in any nook or cranny from the frozen ice in the Arctic to the hellish deep ocean hydrothermal vents with no sunlight, extreme pressures and heat, up to 400°C (750°F). This tells me life is everywhere in the Cosmos and most likely even in our own Solar System.

Other galaxies, stars and planets were around billions of years before our star with it’s solar system was even born! So again, logic dictates that life started everywhere in space and some evolved into intelligent, reasoning species thousands, millions and even billions of years before our tiny Solar System even existed. They had a hell of a head start I’d say. They would have evolved so far ahead of us on the evolutionary scale that if we ever encountered them would we even be able to recognize it for what it is? I think not. Is a simple organism aware that it’s Universe is a drop of rain water, on a leaf, in a garden, in your backyard? Does the true nature of Unidentified Arial Phenomenon represent some kind of numerous life forms on different levels of evolution, existing all around us that we’re not aware of? I’m convinced it is. Something our science cannot explain or even comprehend yet.

Edited by Nomad5000, 07 January 2013 - 10:04 PM.


#20    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,014 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostNomad5000, on 07 January 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

Let's start with this universe first before we leap!

The Universe is also ancient, 13.7 billion years. Our Solar System is 4.3 billion years old. If memory serves, the ten most common elements in the universe are also found on our planet Earth. Hydrogen is the most abundant element in the known Universe, helium is second and there appears to be water everywhere. As Carl Sagan once said, “we’re all made of star stuff”. All the fundamental elements of producing life make up The Universe and the Earth as well. They were creating from dying, exploding stars. Since I’m not a scientist with a reputation to protect, I can make this bold statement. My logic dictates to me that because everything in the known Cosmos is made of the same star stuff, including life, than The Universe is obviously teeming with life! Life is extremely tenacious. Just look at our own Earth for example. Life manages to grow and flourish in any nook or cranny from the frozen ice in the Arctic to the hellish deep ocean hydrothermal vents with no sunlight, extreme pressures and heat, up to 400°C (750°F). This tells me life is everywhere in the Cosmos and most likely even in our own Solar System.

Other galaxies, stars and planets were around billions of years before our star with it’s solar system was even born! So again, logic dictates that life started everywhere in space and some evolved into intelligent, reasoning species thousands, millions and even billions of years before our tiny Solar System even existed. They had a hell of a head start I’d say. They would have evolved so far ahead of us on the evolutionary scale that if we ever encountered them would we even be able to recognize it for what it is? I think not. Is a simple organism aware that it’s Universe is a drop of rain water, on a leaf, in a garden, in your backyard? Does the true nature of Unidentified Arial Phenomenon represent some kind of numerous life forms on different levels of evolution, existing all around us that we’re not aware of? I’m convinced it is. Something our science cannot explain or even comprehend yet.


Stars had to evolve too. The first stars didn't have "Star stuff" that made us, the processes of heat and compression eventually made star stuff. Type III and Type II Population stars had to form and explode many times to become the type I stars like our sun that carry these elements.

Then you have to form planets, then proto life, then life. Not quite the head start you imagined I would suspect.

Then we have Goldilocks zones to consider, not just planetary, but universal. I think the building blocks for life have to be abundant because space is harsh. A limited supply might have never evolved life at all anywhere.

UAP might even be free energy, that is something we could really use right about now.

Edited by psyche101, 07 January 2013 - 10:29 PM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.


#21    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 16,677 posts
  • Joined:15 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet TEXAS

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

I want one of those UAP`s Sounds like a Great way to Get around ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

#22    Nomad5000

Nomad5000

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada, SOL-3, Milky Way Galaxy

  • I Want To Live Long Enough To Live Forever!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Ditto, an interplanetary Ferrari!  :D


#23    Nomad5000

Nomad5000

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada, SOL-3, Milky Way Galaxy

  • I Want To Live Long Enough To Live Forever!

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 07 January 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

Stars had to evolve too. The first stars didn't have "Star stuff" that made us, the processes of heat and compression eventually made star stuff. Type III and Type II Population stars had to form and explode many times to become the type I stars like our sun that carry these elements.

Then you have to form planets, then proto life, then life. Not quite the head start you imagined I would suspect.

Then we have Goldilocks zones to consider, not just planetary, but universal. I think the building blocks for life have to be abundant because space is harsh. A limited supply might have never evolved life at all anywhere.

UAP might even be free energy, that is something we could really use right about now.

I'll get back to this. Gotta run

BTW - "If you stop to think, Remember to start again"




Good one :tu:


#24    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

    Conspiracy Theorist

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • Joined:20 May 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:30 AM

This is a cool video if you have an extra 12 mins to spare... i was shown this last night and loved it (thanks sean). This touches on what nomad has already stated



Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#25    linttrap

linttrap

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Joined:10 Oct 2011

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:38 AM

Just today on National Geographic:

Ker Than in Long Beach, California
for National Geographic News
Published January 7, 2013

Tens of billions of Earthlike worlds are strewn across the Milky Way, many of them circling stars very much like our own sun, astronomers said today.

Earlier research suggested that rocky planets might be much more abundant around small stars than sunlike ones. (Also see "New 'Super Earth' Found at Right Distance for Life.")

But a fresh analysis of data from NASA's Kepler mission, which launched in 2009, suggests this is not the case, according to new research presented at the annual meeting of the American Astronomical Society in Long Beach, California.

"We found that the occurrence of small planets around large stars was underestimated," said astronomer Francois Fressin, of the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

Read more at:

http://news.national...d-in-milky-way/


#26    skepticalme

skepticalme

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Joined:16 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Seattle

  • The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

I would find it very hard to believe there is no other life  in the universe and beyond. Either life like ours or life that adapted to a different environment. There is only so much we can see and get to. Who knows if we'll ever know for certain.


#27    Nomad5000

Nomad5000

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada, SOL-3, Milky Way Galaxy

  • I Want To Live Long Enough To Live Forever!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:57 PM

View PostOverdueleaf, on 08 January 2013 - 02:30 AM, said:

This is a cool video if you have an extra 12 mins to spare... i was shown this last night and loved it (thanks sean). This touches on what nomad has already stated



Good vid, thanx for sharing. My sentiments exactly. In response to 101, I'm no expert by all means but from what I understand about star types (not mentioned in the vid), most elements were created in The Big Bang. Then as different star types were born than die, the big stars like Red Giants, run out of fuel and because of their tremendous gravity, implode creating even more "heavier elements" by fusing the original, lighter, stuff. And as mentioned in the video, we're all made of star stuff, and that's why I'm convinced we humans are surrounded by intelligences so far ahead of us on the evolutionary scale that we cannot even see yet until our science catches up with it.

Cheers


#28    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,570 posts
  • Joined:16 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Free America

  • it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Colonizing habitable planets is more important to humanity then the "is there life out there question" If there is and we learn to explore responsibly well find it. If not we got a big playground to have fun in. That is if we can keep from destroying ourselves first.


#29    Nomad5000

Nomad5000

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Joined:05 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada, SOL-3, Milky Way Galaxy

  • I Want To Live Long Enough To Live Forever!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 19 January 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Colonizing habitable planets is more important to humanity then the "is there life out there question" If there is and we learn to explore responsibly well find it. If not we got a big playground to have fun in. That is if we can keep from destroying ourselves first.

LOL, I'll give us, mankind, a little bit of credit. We won't destroy ourselves. We better not damn it! :w00t:


#30    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 30,014 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

View PostNomad5000, on 19 January 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

Good vid, thanx for sharing. My sentiments exactly. In response to 101, I'm no expert by all means but from what I understand about star types (not mentioned in the vid), most elements were created in The Big Bang. Then as different star types were born than die, the big stars like Red Giants, run out of fuel and because of their tremendous gravity, implode creating even more "heavier elements" by fusing the original, lighter, stuff. And as mentioned in the video, we're all made of star stuff, and that's why I'm convinced we humans are surrounded by intelligences so far ahead of us on the evolutionary scale that we cannot even see yet until our science catches up with it.

Cheers

Gidday Mate


Someone gave you a wrong turn. The elements were not created as such by the big bang, the star stuff Sagan refers to is the elements created by intense heat and presures from stars, and their eventual explosion at the end of their lives as Supernova to seed the Universe with these elements. So we needed Pop I, then Pop II stars to create tho ones like our Sun that have heavy elements in them, which is known as the suns Metallically.  

Some enigmas still exist, one planet has been found that is 13 billion years old. Really, it should not exist. But it does.

Some 13 billion years ago in a distant cluster of stars, a planet formed. Remarkably it's still there, according to data from the Hubble Space Telescope. LINK


We seem to be a the newest form of matter - conscious matter. We are the Universe thinking about itself and wondering where it came from. Amazing that.

Edited by psyche101, 20 January 2013 - 04:20 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users