Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

London cops accused of racist stop-and-search

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#46    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,056 posts

• “Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while”

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 16 April 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Stopping and searching youths is the only way to get knives off the streets. If you stop a young black man you have more chance of finding a knife than if you stop and search a middle class middle aged white guy. That's a fact.

Liberal morons who have never been in the inner cities and held up by someone with a knife or seen someone stabbed are bound to cry racism just because a certain segment of society appears to be being targetted. But what is the other option? To stop and search people who are not suspicious in order to just even things out, or to stop searching young black guys who are dressed like thugs and allow potentially dangerous people to do whatever they want?

I'm white and I live in London. When I was a kid I used to get stopped and searched almost every week for months and months. The police even smashed my front door down and dragged my mum and dad out of bed because they wrongly suspected I had a gun in the house and had been using it to mug people. I didn't mind getting searched that much because I knew I hadnt done anything wrong. I was strip searched a few times which I didn't like but hey, I got over it. If I had been a black guy I could have cried racism, and things might have been different. As it was, I fit a stereotype of a young thug in an urban area and was picked up because of it. I can live with that, it made the area I was living in safer.

Also, a couple of years ago me and a black friend of mine were involved in a fight with bouncers. We were both arrested. My friend was promtly de arrested when he said he'd been the victim of racism. But I had to spend the whole night in the police station - even though I'd been beaten up by black bouncers... Sometimes I think the police are very concious of being seen as racist, and act accordingly.

I think thats a given.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#47    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,056 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

View Posttyrant lizard, on 16 April 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

Stopping and searching youths is the only way to get knives off the streets. If you stop a young black man you have more chance of finding a knife than if you stop and search a middle class middle aged white guy. That's a fact.

Liberal morons who have never been in the inner cities and held up by someone with a knife or seen someone stabbed are bound to cry racism just because a certain segment of society appears to be being targetted. But what is the other option? To stop and search people who are not suspicious in order to just even things out, or to stop searching young black guys who are dressed like thugs and allow potentially dangerous people to do whatever they want?

I'm white and I live in London. When I was a kid I used to get stopped and searched almost every week for months and months. The police even smashed my front door down and dragged my mum and dad out of bed because they wrongly suspected I had a gun in the house and had been using it to mug people. I didn't mind getting searched that much because I knew I hadnt done anything wrong. I was strip searched a few times which I didn't like but hey, I got over it. If I had been a black guy I could have cried racism, and things might have been different. As it was, I fit a stereotype of a young thug in an urban area and was picked up because of it. I can live with that, it made the area I was living in safer.

Also, a couple of years ago me and a black friend of mine were involved in a fight with bouncers. We were both arrested. My friend was promtly de arrested when he said he'd been the victim of racism. But I had to spend the whole night in the police station - even though I'd been beaten up by black bouncers... Sometimes I think the police are very concious of being seen as racist, and act accordingly.

I know that sounds ridiculous, but that's exactly what our local poilce force (Avon & somerset) did.
The main trouble spot (ghetto) in Bristol is St. Pauls. It is infamous for drugs muggings & violent crime, the population in the area is 95% black. My neighbour works for Avon & Somerset police in the control centre & he told me that a few years ago he was having to process lots of paperwork for people that had apparently done nothing wrong & committed no offence. When he made enquiries it transpired that the management had sent out a directive to officers in the St Pauls area (predomonantly population black remember) that for every black individual that was stopped & questioned, they had to find a white individual to stop & question also. Literally only done so that their figures didn't look biased. That's the crazy situation we have gotten ourselves into.

Edited by itsnotoutthere, 16 April 2012 - 07:06 PM.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#48    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

Telekinetic

• Banned
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:33 AM

It's been a long day. For tonight I'm just going to sign off with "you can't argue with stupid". I can't even deal with it any more tonight.

#49    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,056 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:23 PM

View Postconspiracybeliever, on 17 April 2012 - 01:33 AM, said:

It's been a long day. For tonight I'm just going to sign off with "you can't argue with stupid". I can't even deal with it any more tonight.

I know, stupid doesn't even come close.

― Groucho Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users