Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Does Al-qaeda exist?


  • Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61    ThePhantomFlanFlinger

ThePhantomFlanFlinger

    Poltergeist

  • Closed
  • 2,313 posts
  • Joined:22 Jun 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:09 AM

View Postand then, on 13 February 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

With respect Brian P that is not the case with Islam.  
    "Islam" means "submission".
They are taught to subjugate and convert non believers at the point of the sword. http://www.truthandg...illcommands.htm


Heck....no probs sir...:) ...lifes too short to argue.....esp about Religion

Edited by BrianPotter, 14 February 2012 - 02:10 AM.


#62    lightly

lightly

    metaphysical therapist

  • Member
  • 6,073 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan U.S.A.

  • "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:58 AM

Somewhere in these threads is a news story i posted on a Gallop Poll , being conducted all over the world  as i recall.   The poll , thus far, determined that 97% of Muslims do not adhere to the belief that Islam should forcibly convert or , failing that,  kill people of other religions.  If the poll is accurate ,  then how could the remaining 3%  Subjugate the rest of the human Population?

* Do Jews and Christians  still stone adulterers?

Edited by lightly, 14 February 2012 - 02:59 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#63    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 14,129 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:30 PM

View Postlightly, on 14 February 2012 - 02:58 AM, said:

Somewhere in these threads is a news story i posted on a Gallop Poll , being conducted all over the world  as i recall.   The poll , thus far, determined that 97% of Muslims do not adhere to the belief that Islam should forcibly convert or , failing that,  kill people of other religions.  If the poll is accurate ,  then how could the remaining 3%  Subjugate the rest of the human Population?

* Do Jews and Christians  still stone adulterers?
Jews? Not as far as I know.  Christians never have to my knowledge.  Two things about your numbers, Lightly, first, there are about 1.5 billion muslims on earth.  That's about 45 million who are potential Jihadis.  The reaction to 19 guys with boxcutters has thrown the entire globe into chaos for a decade. If a corp of "true believers" gain access to a nuke/chem/bio weapon and attack Israel then the world may well experience a full scale nuclear exchange. They need not be successful in their goal of subjugation to  create global chaos and disaster.
Their goal by their own admission is the destruction of Israel and all the Jews. This is in some of their Charters...They are relentless in their hatred and the rest of the world chooses to basically look the other way at their words and deeds while asking Israel to continue trying to make "peace" with them.
The second point is that of those 97% of non Jihadis how many do you hear openly, loudly voicing their opposition to the "radicals"?  In over ten years I can recall 3 instances where small groups voiced "concern" that Islam was being "hijacked".  If you read commentary on the Qur'an you will quickly see that the so called "radicals" are actually the ones adhering to the true faith as the prophet laid it out for them.  Most Muslims do not want continuous war, I'm sure they desire the same things that all other humans do.  But the haters have the power to roil the planet for decades and possibly even bring about the end of our civilization through use of WMD.  
God foretold the nature of Ishmael's descendants:  Gen 16:12   "He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers."

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#64    lightly

lightly

    metaphysical therapist

  • Member
  • 6,073 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Michigan U.S.A.

  • "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

I don't know.  I actually do understand your concerns . The Old Testament is part of the Christian Bible...    your point that Christians have never stoned adulterers sort of reinforces my point... that not every utterance in Religious books is adhered to .

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#65    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

    a dark, sarcastic, depressing blanket of nihilism

  • Member
  • 25,348 posts
  • Joined:09 May 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:there

  • Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

I reckon that Al Q is going to quietly become old fashioned, and "Iranian Terrorists" are going to become the new big thing, you mark my words, to work the People up into a suitable state of hate and fear for when the Governments of the West launch their next Attack, when Israel instructs them to.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.


:cat:


#66    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 14,129 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 15 February 2012 - 06:48 PM

View Post747400, on 15 February 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

I reckon that Al Q is going to quietly become old fashioned, and "Iranian Terrorists" are going to become the new big thing, you mark my words, to work the People up into a suitable state of hate and fear for when the Governments of the West launch their next Attack, when Israel instructs them to.
Your statement assumes an attack is a foregone conclusion and that the US and Israel are totally responsible for it and it's outcome.  You sum up the attitude of many here.  What I can't understand is the benefit from such an attack.  People talked about oil in Iraq.  The US hasn't benefited a drop of oil or repayment of any kind from that adventure.  The same would be true of Iran.  People use the enticement of Israeli hegemony in the region.  Which country there does Israel exert control over?  Gaza is not a country...just a festering wound Israel would gladly be rid of..It just doesn't add up for me.  I admit to being biased toward Israel for religious regions - NOT because I agree with everything the secular western style government of Israel does. Far from it.  Is it so hard to understand that these people might be a little paranoid after enduring a half dozen major conflicts in 60 years plus almost unending strife with their neighbors even during the "good" times?  
Anyone who can compare the civil societies of Iran and Israel and see Israel as the evil, I don't understand that person.  And anyone who has even the slightest grasp of recent history who refuses to acknowledge there is TRUE EVIL in the world is, IMO, self deluded.
This is a general statement and not an attack on anyone here at UM.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#67    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

    Non-Corporeal Being

  • Member
  • 8,612 posts
  • Joined:23 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:27North 80West

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:10 PM

and then

The benefit of the attack is a PERCEIVED benefit, driven by religious zeal and paranoia.

And of course the benefits to the war profiteers, who are trying to find a room big enough to count all their money these days....


#68    Stardrive

Stardrive

    Resident Bass Guitarist

  • Member
  • 3,226 posts
  • Joined:15 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 19 February 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

The benefit of the attack is a PERCEIVED benefit, driven by religious zeal and paranoia.
You do realize you're describing Al-quida and not the military industrial complex of the US. There are enough buyers out there to keep them rolling in the dough.

Posted Image




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users