Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Make Of This Footage As You Will

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#16    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

View PostShamanPunk, on 31 January 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

Well this is a section on psychic abilities right? There u go! I'm just putting my thing out there,

Which is why I didn't post any arguments regarding whether the video was genuine or not.  I simply asked for the significance of something that seems to take a remarkable amount of effort for very little return.

i have about 5 hours worth of intelligent orb interaction footage and there are some people out there that this will inspire to look deeper into themselves. Everybody can do it but not everybody has the insight or inclination to jump into the game.

You...taped five hours of this?

Do you regard the clip you posted to be the best example in your collection?

Maybe its not your role thats why you are a mere observer to these things people can do or maybe you also have some untapped potential? So when you find out that most of these abilities stated on this forum are legit and you realise that you just spent that time comparing the claims to movies you have seen or found ways to try debunk them rather than trying things out for yourself....(in your own words)... "then what?".

In the unlikely event that you do think that might actually be the case, be aware that it is not going to take me five hours to make a movie comparison with footage like what was presented.  However, regardless of the legitimacy, and I even went so far as to assume the legitimacy of the footage, I asked the question, "Then what?"...

And your response is, what now?  Maybe you can do it, What if these things are real, What if you didn't debunk these things, Why don't you try it yourself, what if it works...then what would you do?

Did you notice that you said a whole bunch of stuff that had nothing to do with my comment and then just repeated my question back at me?

I can be content with my efforts whereas you will be at the starting line wishing you get yourself into the etheric world sooner.....

The thing about that is that, well, I'm not much of a psychic type of person.  Even if I had the ability, my interest lies in academics.  And, frankly, I don't have to have the ability in order to apply academics to the subject.

so make a psi wheel and actually try it!

You'd think a moderator on this forum would actually be some gnarly spiritual dude.... but hey, just another meat suit on autopilot..... 16,000 posts.... damn, if only you put that sort of effort into your own inner development.....

Here is an interesting thought experiment for you:

Person X has 12 posts.  All of these posts have been read by Person Y.

Person Y has 16,000 plus posts.  There is a high probability that Person X has read...1 post from Person Y.

Person Y makes a somewhat dismissive comment regarding efficiency, but does allow the assumption of existence for the argument and asks what the next step is.

Person X makes declarative statements regarding Person Y, including unstated intentions, unsupported assumptions, personal assumptions (arguably followed by an ad hom), and a somewhat snide ending remark.

How much validity should we assign to Person X?

I dont mean to be harsh here but i just dont think your point is very valid

You don't believe that your video demonstrates a very inefficient method of energy control?

...and shows no real knowledge of psychic abilities at all.

What knowledge of psychic abilities is supposed to required here?  Is there some sort of data that will put this video into context?

I think you should take some time out from your admin role and dust yourself off to gain an untarnished perspective. I do understand that you must have seen many false claims in your time here but it seems to have made you too closed off to truth. Namaste

Thank you for your advice, but I am content with the level of research that I have done, and I am content to let my beliefs be guided both by my life experience combined with rational skepticism and creative sense.  

I would, however, like to hear your response to the actual question that I asked:  Then what?  

What is your next step?  What do you intend to do with what you have?

Edited by aquatus1, 31 January 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#17    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

View PostShamanPunk, on 31 January 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

No camera trick, just raw footage with a filter on some shots. At first i didnt know what to make of the orbs and then i looked real close at the almost immediate reaction to my movements, there are some bits on tgat vid that still amaze me even now. :)
The one at .27 follows you are arm as you do a chi release movement. I'm not one for orbs, but that's quite a coincidence.

I can say that I am a skeptic in all of this, but shaman punk, you are quite a charming guy. I remember last year I showed my kids one of your vids and they jumped up on the bed and started moveing like you. It was quite entertaining. I think you do have real power my friend, I think you are only beginning to discover it.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#18    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:42 PM

View PostShamanPunk, on 31 January 2012 - 10:06 AM, said:

You'd think a moderator on this forum would actually be some gnarly spiritual dude.... but hey, just another meat suit on autopilot..... 16,000 posts.... damn, if only you put that sort of effort into your own inner development.....

You evidently don't know what to moderate a forum entails.  The main part to moderation is not having intricate knowledge of a subject (though that can be helpful), but to make sure the forum with it's multitudinous topics runs smoothly.  Moving topics if they are in the wrong forum, deleting spam, stopping personal attacks, locking topics when appropriate and either banning or recommending banning to admins as appropriate for the powers they have.  Unlike you or I or all the other non-staff posters, Mods have to check every active topic of the forum(s) they mod every day to make sure that everything is in order. That aquatus1 has 16,000 posts is due to him being a member here for more than 7 years.  Your comment was rude considering you have no knowledge of what type or level of any kind of development aquatus1 has had.  The mods and admins on here do a superlative job keeping a board this size running as smoothly as they do and I think they should be applauded for their work here.  IMO you should apologize.

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

#19    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:53 PM

I was going to poke fun at you, but I decided not to, as this whole thing makes me sort of sad.

#20    ShamanPunk

ShamanPunk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:03 PM

Okie dokie well i've been thinking about the response i sent you this morning all day and kicking myself for being **EDIT** about your initial response to the thread. I guess i just woke up and was like "cant you see whats happening in the vid?" And i also just felt a bit patronised by your "then what" question. I just kinda made some assumptions about you wuthout taking into account all you must do here. So for my childish egoic response i apologise. (Sensible logic was correct that you deserved an apology).

Regarding the videos and 5 hours of footage, this is just a selection of it as it takes forever to trim and upload from my nexus one phone etc but these are some of the moments that stood out to me at the time. There really are some amazing things going on there if you look closely. And yes it is a big amount of effort for the return but once you start to open up your body to the subtle energies then some amazing things can and will happen in your life. I am only human and i let myself get wound up for no reason, i'm still learning, as we all are....

I wish you all the best in the future and hope there are no hard feelings :)

**Family forum, Shaman. ;)**

Edited by aquatus1, 01 February 2012 - 12:56 AM.

#21    ShamanPunk

ShamanPunk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostSeeker79, on 31 January 2012 - 04:29 PM, said:

The one at .27 follows you are arm as you do a chi release movement. I'm not one for orbs, but that's quite a coincidence.

I can say that I am a skeptic in all of this, but shaman punk, you are quite a charming guy. I remember last year I showed my kids one of your vids and they jumped up on the bed and started moveing like you. It was quite entertaining. I think you do have real power my friend, I think you are only beginning to discover it.

Lol thank you seeker i remember that post!!! I've come a long way since then and am definitly getting really strong, but no stronger than anybody else who has the time and patience! Namaste and say hi to your kids from the punk! x

#22    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:03 PM

Do you accept that the close up of your hand shows insects flying in and out of the shot?  Or do you believe that these are "orbs" as well?

#23    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm not one for orbs either and whether chi is really physically manifesting or not shouldn't detract from the point that energy work works on other levels anyway, so liking your energy work there :tu:

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#24    Leah G.

Leah G.

Poltergeist

• 2,966 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:07 PM

I have a question, it that a salt lamp in the background?

#25    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 12:55 AM

View PostShamanPunk, on 31 January 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

So for my childish egoic response i apologise. (Sensible logic was correct that you deserved an apology).

Apology accepted, don't worry about it.  I am, however, still interested in what you plan to do next.

As you correctly surmised before, we do see this sort of thing on a regular basis.  What we don't see is the next step.  We see people promoting their explanations, but we don't see them making an effort to eliminate other possible explanations.

#26    ShamanPunk

ShamanPunk

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:43 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 01 February 2012 - 12:55 AM, said:

Apology accepted, don't worry about it.  I am, however, still interested in what you plan to do next.

As you correctly surmised before, we do see this sort of thing on a regular basis.  What we don't see is the next step.  We see people promoting their explanations, but we don't see them making an effort to eliminate other possible explanations.

Ah the 'what next' scenario! It's funny because with each new insight/level of undetstanding comes a shift in the goalposts! Basically i'll lay it out as it has happened for me:

5 years ago = Realise there is a lot of truth to some aspects to conspiracies at the highest level of our 'peers'. Goal= Find out as best i can what is bull and what is plausable.

3 years ago = Realise that beyond and behind all the social control is an effort to distract us all from something else. Goal = research secret societies doctrines, mystery schools and myth/phenomena.

2.5 years ago= See 7 objects in the sky with my very sceptical buddy and then see them change formation several times, finishing up mimmicking the constellation 'the plough'(i think it has another name in the u.s. maybe the great bear). Goal = keep an eye on the skies.

Also 2.5 years ago= Decide after watching many videos on psychic phenomena/abilities that the only way to know the truth is to try and wholeheartedly see if any are real. Goal= Learn about telekinesis/psychokinesis.

One week later= Blown away by the psi wheel. Goal= figure out how it works and show other people that it will work if they just try it.(Still in my goals now).

Also around then= Learning about breathing, stilling the mind and the power of chakric meditation. Goal= learn to feel the chakras in my body and how far outwards the energy can spread out.

Next= Discover the teachings of Drunvalo Melchizidek - 'The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life' and Carlos Castenada 'The Teachings of Don Juan, a Yaqui way of knowledge'. Realise that a whole new paradigm has opened up since i removed the bull of conspiracy from my headspace. Goal= Become a Jedi. Lol

2 years ago= discover transendental meditation(astral projection etc...), realise why i keep having strange things happen, bed shaking, bangs in my room, sleep paralysis, seeing shapes of huge people like 'predator' all around when i'm doing energy work. Goal= Dont freak out, remain humble and  stay balanced regardless of what may occur.

Lordy i just realised i've been rambling! My goal now is to progress to the highest level, remember who i truely am, be able commune fully with other dimensional beings. And the main on for me is levitation, even though in the whole scheme of things it is pretty insignificant and a bit egoic but thats my end goal for energy work. My shorter term goal at the moment is to find ways of showing people one-on-one just how powerful energy can be and to find more and more uses for the energy(ra emoving energetic parasites from people, manifesting favorable outcomes by increasing my internal energy and following synchronicities etc and also channelling whole beings and letting them walk around in my 'meat suit' - this is one i am ever developing) I'm getting there... no doubt this will seem rather a fanciful set of ideas but heck, it's my truth ;)

Namaste

#27    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:00 PM

View PostShamanPunk, on 04 February 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Ah the 'what next' scenario! It's funny because with each new insight/level of undetstanding comes a shift in the goalposts! Basically i'll lay it out as it has happened for me:

5 years ago = Realise there is a lot of truth to some aspects to conspiracies at the highest level of our 'peers'. Goal= Find out as best i can what is bull and what is plausable.

3 years ago = Realise that beyond and behind all the social control is an effort to distract us all from something else. Goal = research secret societies doctrines, mystery schools and myth/phenomena.

2.5 years ago= See 7 objects in the sky with my very sceptical buddy and then see them change formation several times, finishing up mimmicking the constellation 'the plough'(i think it has another name in the u.s. maybe the great bear). Goal = keep an eye on the skies.

Also 2.5 years ago= Decide after watching many videos on psychic phenomena/abilities that the only way to know the truth is to try and wholeheartedly see if any are real. Goal= Learn about telekinesis/psychokinesis.

One week later= Blown away by the psi wheel. Goal= figure out how it works and show other people that it will work if they just try it.(Still in my goals now).

Also around then= Learning about breathing, stilling the mind and the power of chakric meditation. Goal= learn to feel the chakras in my body and how far outwards the energy can spread out.

Next= Discover the teachings of Drunvalo Melchizidek - 'The Ancient Secret of the Flower of Life' and Carlos Castenada 'The Teachings of Don Juan, a Yaqui way of knowledge'. Realise that a whole new paradigm has opened up since i removed the bull of conspiracy from my headspace. Goal= Become a Jedi. Lol

2 years ago= discover transendental meditation(astral projection etc...), realise why i keep having strange things happen, bed shaking, bangs in my room, sleep paralysis, seeing shapes of huge people like 'predator' all around when i'm doing energy work. Goal= Dont freak out, remain humble and  stay balanced regardless of what may occur.

Lordy i just realised i've been rambling! My goal now is to progress to the highest level, remember who i truely am, be able commune fully with other dimensional beings. And the main on for me is levitation, even though in the whole scheme of things it is pretty insignificant and a bit egoic but thats my end goal for energy work. My shorter term goal at the moment is to find ways of showing people one-on-one just how powerful energy can be and to find more and more uses for the energy(ra emoving energetic parasites from people, manifesting favorable outcomes by increasing my internal energy and following synchronicities etc and also channelling whole beings and letting them walk around in my 'meat suit' - this is one i am ever developing) I'm getting there... no doubt this will seem rather a fanciful set of ideas but heck, it's my truth ;)

Namaste
I'm glad you are looking passed the little things. Go big or go home. I don't think it's fanciful. Some of the things you are looking for are definantly obtainable.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#28    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostShamanPunk, on 04 February 2012 - 12:43 PM, said:

Namaste

That is certainly ambitious.  I would not call levitation insignificant, or even egotistic, considering that it would be something no one else has been able to accomplish yet.  That said, I do think your short-term goal is a bit more realistic.

At that point, however, you are going to encounter two reactions:  either people will believe you unquestionably, or people will be skeptical.  What you do with the first group is up to you, though I would submit that the opportunity to learn anything from them is minimal.  The simple fact of reality is that without challenge, there is no growth.

Your best hope for improvement are the skeptics.  The question, then, is what you will need to do to show your claim to be valid and credible.  Skeptics, generally, work by attempting to determine how many different variable could affect a given outcome.  In order to convince a skeptic, you have to show them that you have eliminated as many of those variables as possible.  The easiest way to do this is to find any way in which you could be wrong, and try to prove to yourself that you are.

The more often you try to prove yourself wrong, and fail, the stronger your argument becomes.  You have quite likely already proven to yourself that you are right; the big question is this:  How much effort have you put into proving to yourself that you are wrong?

#29    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:10 AM

I saw this topic a while back, and steered clear.....When I saw 2 people you follow, I have to ask......Have you looked into either of them?

I do not want to change the topic, but you are following a known fraud ( or two ).....

1 example....

In my book Beyond 2012, I sought to separate fact from rumor in regard  to the end of the Long Count Calendar of the Classical Maya. Watching  Melchizidek's production, I found a number of factual anomalies and  points to question. These are enumerated below, and below that, I offer  my review of The Serpent of Light, which was similarly riddled with  inaccuracies and seeming exaggerations.

1 example....

The Maya of Eternal Time

1. Melchizidek quotes from the recent book, The Chaos Point, without mentioning its author, Ervin Laszlo.

2.  The Aztec Sunstone is not the Mayan calendar; he connects it to the  Precession of the Equinoxes, but this is meaningless -- precession may  be on the outer dots according to Professor Gordon Brotherston, but not  where Melchizidek said.

3. The waffle about Fibonacci didn't  connect to evolution or 2012 -- he must have been thinking of  Smelyakov's Auric Time Scale, but didn't know enough to make sense.

4. The precession cycle does not have an apogee and perigee -- these are the nearest and furthest parts of an elliptical orbit.

5.  If comet Holmes is the Blue Star, why haven't the ceremonies ceased as  predicted in the rest of the prophecy? (My friend lived on Hopi  reservation last year and witnessed a ceremony in a kiva).

6. Cayce predictions -- there are many errors, not just one. Many sites list them, for example, Fortean Times.

7. He implies that the Maya tracked Milankovitch cycles, but there is no evidence for this.

8.  If the stars are not visible at night, this does NOT mean we have all  gone blind . . . what about clouds, fog, smoke, volcanic ash??

9. Don Alejandro originally said 60-70 hours of darkness, not 30!

10. Why would Don Alejandro speak of Pachamama, when this is a Peruvian term?  

11.  He also paraphrased one of my favorite McKenna quotes, (comparing birth  side-effects with Earth changes) but of course, he failed to mention  its source, as he fails to mention any of his sources, thus impressing  the impressionable..........

http://www.disclose....ion-t29948.html

I admit it, I read and enjoyed the first six or seven books Castaneda published. Until I actually began to study shamanism on my own, largely due to his books, I even believed the first one, The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge,  was a valid -- if idiosyncratic -- anthropological study. He went to  great lengths to make it appear to be well-researched and academic, not  to mention that it was done under the supervision of the UCLA  anthropology department and published by the University of California  Press.

By the time I read the other books, it was already common  knowledge that the books were fiction, despite Castaneda's claims and  the decision of Simon & Schuster to publish them as non-fiction  (which they still do). Their veracity had been discredited, but millions  of people still looked at the books (and their author) as authentic  Yaqui spirituality.

Castaneda dropped out of public sight in the early seventies, largely due to a letter to the NY Times  from Joyce Carol Oates (1972) in which she "expressed bewilderment that  a reviewer had accepted Castaneda's books as nonfiction." The following  year, Time magazine published an expose on some factual lies he had told in his books.

http://integral-opti...-castaneda.html

As you know, I could go on with this, but I shall stop here......I just don't understand how people can follow known frauds.

Edited by Sakari, 05 February 2012 - 01:14 AM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#30    Curious16yearold

Curious16yearold

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

• Mama said life was like a box a chocolates..

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:06 AM

Jeez man, way to really rub it in there that the people he was following are frauds... I feel like you could've been a bit more sensitive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users