Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO crash at primary school

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,943 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

My son came home from school the other day claiming a UFO had crashed at school, he said an area was taped off and that he and his friends had seen an alien and lots of green slime (he is 7 and at primary school), at first I thought we had been spending to much time on UM and Youtube. I mildly chastised him for making up stories and decided we should spend less time watching Star Wars and browsing the web.

The next time I picked him up from school myself I was in for a surprise. Low and behold outside his class room was a taped of area, and inside that area a crashed UFO. Embarrassingly for me I had to eat my words and take back what I had said to him.

The UFO wasn't real, it was a model made by the teacher(s) and set up as an alien crash site. There was also green ooze all around it.

In the past I have read articles on-line concerning 'disclosure' of alien contact etc and enjoyed reading them but never taken it too seriously or lost sleep over it. I do not entertain theories of fake/real alien contact being disclosed at this years Olympics, reptilian aliens among us, alien bases on the dark side of the moon etc but I am open to the possibilities of alien life finding us at some point in time (maybe already).

The events at my sons school though may have swung my opinion slightly. Actually seeing this with my own eyes and looking further into it myself this is the strongest evidence I have seen that there may be a gradual plan moving towards a full disclosure. These events seem to fit in with a few things I have read and discarded in the past, as in gradually getting the population ready for such an event through media and education.

I haven't spoken to his teacher about it yet to see if this is her own idea or something she has been asked/recommended to do, I assume it is an investigation skill building project. I have found examples of similar things happening in other schools (see links at the bottom of post).

Am I the victim of spending too much time on-line myself and reading to much into this (should I chastise myself instead of my son?), are these projects just coincidence or is this today's children being primed for tomorrows disclosure?

Links to similar events around the UK:

http://www.barnsley-...ws/article/4811

http://www.ilkleygaz..._search_of_UFO/

http://www.spoonerro...at-spooner-row/

http://www.theweston...chool_1_1122330

http://www.firstnews...layground-i3487

http://www.ufo-blogg...-ground-in.html

http://www.hampshire...primary_school/

http://www.hornseyjo...l_hill_1_773737

http://www.braintree...us_UFO_landing/

Thanks for reading and sorry if i have rambled a bit because this post has become a lot lengthier than it was intended to be.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#2    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

Unusual way to promote motivation, but if it gets the kids looking at space, it might have it's merits. I suppose fairytales have been used as motivators for some time. It seems to be structured to make the children more methodical if they find any sort of crash scene, but I cannot say I am sure about this motivating children for space studies. It is bound to give some of them the wrong impression. As for disclosure, I really do not think so. I am a bit on the fence with this idea, I guess it depends on how much thought has gone into this, and what the eventual desired goal is.

I just really hope this does not create more Meirs, Ickes and Greers.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#3    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,236 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:24 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 January 2012 - 11:57 PM, said:

Unusual way to promote motivation, but if it gets the kids looking at space, it might have it's merits. I suppose fairytales have been used as motivators for some time. It seems to be structured to make the children more methodical if they find any sort of crash scene, but I cannot say I am sure about this motivating children for space studies. It is bound to give some of them the wrong impression. As for disclosure, I really do not think so. I am a bit on the fence with this idea, I guess it depends on how much thought has gone into this, and what the eventual desired goal is.

I just really hope this does not create more Meirs, Ickes and Greers.

It is indeed an unusual way, however I must admit that I rather like it :-) Without knowing more I am hoping that it is used to get kids looking at space and in the same breath, pry some critical thinking skills into their minds. Hopefully it is not a Hoagland/Meier/Greer/Icke fan that came up with the idea and then pursues that angle. Then it would be really bad.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#4    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:59 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 13 January 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

It is indeed an unusual way, however I must admit that I rather like it :-) Without knowing more I am hoping that it is used to get kids looking at space and in the same breath, pry some critical thinking skills into their minds. Hopefully it is not a Hoagland/Meier/Greer/Icke fan that came up with the idea and then pursues that angle. Then it would be really bad.

Cheers,
Badeskov

Yes, that is why I am on the fence, I think it could motivate children, and the prime objective seems more to help the children with methodology from what I pick up in the article. And I think that would be very helpful in an everyday situation, like stumbling upon a car crash, or witnessing a crime. In that respect, I see some valuable lessons, but I thnk we can awe kids with space without aliens. Y Canis Majoris is a spectacle on it's own. Or diamond planets, suns that shoot water bombs. Even Kepler 22b. Perhaps my age has made me too cynical. :unsure2:

Posted Image

Posted Image

:D

I would like to know the views of the person that instigated the idea, I think that would say if it is a valuable lesson or not. It is certainly attention grabbing, in that might lie the gem.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#5    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,943 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 13 January 2012 - 12:24 AM, said:

Cheers,
Badeskov

View Postpsyche101, on 13 January 2012 - 12:59 AM, said:

Yes, that is why I am on the fence, I think it could motivate children, and the prime objective seems more to help the children with methodology from what I pick up in the article. And I think that would be very helpful in an everyday situation, like stumbling upon a car crash, or witnessing a crime. In that respect, I see some valuable lessons, but I thnk we can awe kids with space without aliens. Y Canis Majoris is a spectacle on it's own. Or diamond planets, suns that shoot water bombs. Even Kepler 22b. Perhaps my age has made me too cynical. :unsure2:

I would like to know the views of the person that instigated the idea, I think that would say if it is a valuable lesson or not. It is certainly attention grabbing, in that might lie the gem.

Motivational is definitely the right choice of words. My son is constantly talking about this, he is set for school with some photos of 'aliens' for show and tell (he knows they are all proved hoaxes). Unfortunately I won't get to talk to his teacher about it until Monday to find out if this is her own doing or something recommended by a colleague or superior. I am still surprised how widespread this 'project' is and its similarity with other schools leads me to believe this is a recommended situation (not necessarily part of the curriculum) for kids to learn skills.

It would be nice to know the thinking of where this idea came from, any 'hidden agendas' could be from a rogue individual rather than a grand-scale plan (disclosure), after all these ideas come from people and there are "Hoagland/Meier/Greer/Icke" fans in all walks of life.

psyche101  diamond planets, suns that shoot water bombs and Kepler 22b would probably interest my son, but for him and most seven year old boys adding aliens to the mix is like the spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down.  ;)

Thanks for the replies, good to get some level headed views in.  :)

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. Anyway, it's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.

#6    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 13 January 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Motivational is definitely the right choice of words. My son is constantly talking about this, he is set for school with some photos of 'aliens' for show and tell (he knows they are all proved hoaxes). Unfortunately I won't get to talk to his teacher about it until Monday to find out if this is her own doing or something recommended by a colleague or superior. I am still surprised how widespread this 'project' is and its similarity with other schools leads me to believe this is a recommended situation (not necessarily part of the curriculum) for kids to learn skills.

It would be nice to know the thinking of where this idea came from, any 'hidden agendas' could be from a rogue individual rather than a grand-scale plan (disclosure), after all these ideas come from people and there are "Hoagland/Meier/Greer/Icke" fans in all walks of life.

psyche101  diamond planets, suns that shoot water bombs and Kepler 22b would probably interest my son, but for him and most seven year old boys adding aliens to the mix is like the spoonful of sugar to help the medicine go down.  ;)

Thanks for the replies, good to get some level headed views in.  :)

Hi JC (I didn't realize the initials till I posted LOL :D )

It would be great of you let us know the thinking behind it, like most things, it could be really good, or not. Being an educational institution, I would hope that principals and so forth were consulted, so it is probably not just one persons doing, but passed approval, which means it is probably on the level, and a good thing. If it is a good thing, I might present the link to my own children's teachers.

With the tales, as we can see, it's all how you tell it. I reckon I could shiny up those descriptions to capture the imagination, and still remain accurate. If this works, it may be a follow up suggestion for you! ;) Tales of deep space, where Icebergs made of diamond float (maybe as close as Uranus and Neptune! - LINK) But hey, whatever works! As long as the kids do not go away thinking they are going to meet aliens soon, and that Roswell was a real story about alien spaceships crashing. But the methodology lessons I think will be valuable in many aspects of life

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101, 13 January 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 13 January 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

Motivational is definitely the right choice of words. My son is constantly talking about this

I have to say, that does sound encouraging.

#8    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 02:44 PM

i think a ufo crash is something sensational designed to spark an interest in a young mind. i think the green ooze adequately reflects this (the kids are oohing and aahing by now right?)

i think it is ...peculiar in a way, especially if this seems to be part of some larger curriculum and is happening elsewhere.. it is more or less 'the system' acknowledging the alien presence?

why was this exercise not displayed as a biohazard or such? (negative assocations?)

how many other parents show(ed) the same interest as chubb seems to?

..i don't think you're too off-base on this chubb, you present the matter rationally and seem to be one who is not immediately caught up in this scene. if you're coming to a site like UM you're looking for answers and that's never a bad thing, right? ..i do find it strange how these kinds of answers are being provided for kids tho?

..and stramge also how a kid (or even anyone!) might be told "Don't believe everything you hear/read at UM"

..why is discovering the truth made so hard i wonder? ^_^

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#9    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,943 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

View Postunit, on 13 January 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

i think a ufo crash is something sensational designed to spark an interest in a young mind. i think the green ooze adequately reflects this (the kids are oohing and aahing by now right?)

i think it is ...peculiar in a way, especially if this seems to be part of some larger curriculum and is happening elsewhere.. it is more or less 'the system' acknowledging the alien presence?

why was this exercise not displayed as a biohazard or such? (negative assocations?)

how many other parents show(ed) the same interest as chubb seems to?

..i don't think you're too off-base on this chubb, you present the matter rationally and seem to be one who is not immediately caught up in this scene. if you're coming to a site like UM you're looking for answers and that's never a bad thing, right? ..i do find it strange how these kinds of answers are being provided for kids tho?

..and stramge also how a kid (or even anyone!) might be told "Don't believe everything you hear/read at UM"

..why is discovering the truth made so hard i wonder? ^_^

Hi unit.

I think your right about the dangers of touching unknown green goo, should be approached with care. I will ask my son to take me through what happened, but its difficult to get the details as he gets excited and starts talking about an alien hiding in the school. He has come home talking about a project they will be doing about the whole event.

I'm not sure about the other parents, I tend to stick to hello, alright mate and morning luv with the kids parents. This is a good icebreaker though (asking other parents if its in line with disclosure plans might be pushing it!!).

I have always told my son 'don't believe everything you read' web or in print. Some of the UM news stories and forums can help stir a vivid imagination, also "many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"  ;)

Hopefully I will be able to add more after school on Monday.

#10    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

tinfoil

• 1,353 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:29 AM

hi again, i would be interested to hear more as this unfolds, if you don't mind?

its difficult to get the details as he gets excited and starts talking about an alien hiding in the school.
sounds like this will be the project for this coming week. (find the fugitive alien) ..there is more to this than first appears?

..interesting how they described the occupant as 'hiding'

just wondering about the mechanics of all this.. the craft depicted as crashing implies some kind of unintended result on the part of the visitor. (why did the craft simply not land and the being then announce itself?)  ..i suppose i'd wanna hide if i crashed on some alien planet..

mechanical failure? ..will they interogate the alien? (of course they're going to 'find' the alien, it's all been set up to happen this way)

it almost makes me wish i was back at school, getting a little too excited about this myself.. anyway, enjoy the journey, let us know how it works out? ..have a look at the 2009 LA conference with bob dean (you can download it all over the internet)

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#11    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• 1,421 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 08:31 PM

There was a mass UFO sighting in a School in Wales either in the 1970's or 1980's.  That was the first thing that came to mind when I read this thread, not sure why lol.

Welsh triangle

Maybe they believe a a school will be the first point of call.  :yes:

Posted Image

#12    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Brick by brick

• 4,943 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 09:45 PM

I have some more information on this from talking to teachers at the school and getting more sense out of my son.

The crash site was set up to be found during play time. Once it was discovered children were allowed a closer look in smaller groups (using gloves and safety goggles), only the teacher was allowed to touch the goo (with a plastic knife). The escaped alien was a figment of my son and his friends imagination. The whole event is to inspire and motivate the kids and does not tie in with a large project but may be used for smaller pieces of work (investigations, information gathering and observation etc).

The whole event is not part of the school curriculum, the teachers are free to use this event to motivate children but this is not pushed on them. I could not find out exactly where the idea comes from but it is related to a series of books by Simon Bartram. These books feature 'Bob' and his adventures as a spaceman. I was amused when I was handed one of the books and noticed it was published by Templar Publishing (are those damn Knights getting into alien disclosure plots now?  :P ). My mind was at ease and I was pleased with the teachers openness and enthusiasm.

After looking into Simon Bartram and the 'Bob' books, I did find something else amusing (spooky maybe). This quote is from www.simonbartram.com

"The funny thing about Bob is that he never sees aliens. Every day there are some more aliens who climb aboard his rocket when it's on the Moon and he's not looking. When he arrives back on Earth they get off and start mingling with the people on Earth but Bob just doesn't see them. In fact he's sure there are no aliens on Earth. What do you think though?"

Now this did bring a smile to my face, just replace 'Bob' with 'a skeptic' and the quote makes great reading, something from a David Icke forum maybe or even UM. But this still leaves a very small question mark for me, it does not ask kids to question if there are aliens but if they are already here. I will leave this as an amusing coincidence as I do not want to imply anything against  Simon Bartram and this is a 'kids book' after all, make of it what you will.

I am glad my son has had this experience, he has used investigative skills, observation and communication, a large chunk of imagination and been asked to keep an open mind with his decisions. It will be interesting to see how common this becomes and if it is mentioned by other UM readers in the future.

Links

http://www.templarco...on_bartram.html

http://www.simonbartram.com/

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/7622114.stm

#13    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:00 AM

What He said ! :wacko:

This is a Work in Progress!

#14    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:18 AM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 16 January 2012 - 09:45 PM, said:

I have some more information on this from talking to teachers at the school and getting more sense out of my son.

The crash site was set up to be found during play time. Once it was discovered children were allowed a closer look in smaller groups (using gloves and safety goggles), only the teacher was allowed to touch the goo (with a plastic knife). The escaped alien was a figment of my son and his friends imagination. The whole event is to inspire and motivate the kids and does not tie in with a large project but may be used for smaller pieces of work (investigations, information gathering and observation etc).

The whole event is not part of the school curriculum, the teachers are free to use this event to motivate children but this is not pushed on them. I could not find out exactly where the idea comes from but it is related to a series of books by Simon Bartram. These books feature 'Bob' and his adventures as a spaceman. I was amused when I was handed one of the books and noticed it was published by Templar Publishing (are those damn Knights getting into alien disclosure plots now?  :P ). My mind was at ease and I was pleased with the teachers openness and enthusiasm.

After looking into Simon Bartram and the 'Bob' books, I did find something else amusing (spooky maybe). This quote is from www.simonbartram.com

"The funny thing about Bob is that he never sees aliens. Every day there are some more aliens who climb aboard his rocket when it's on the Moon and he's not looking. When he arrives back on Earth they get off and start mingling with the people on Earth but Bob just doesn't see them. In fact he's sure there are no aliens on Earth. What do you think though?"

Now this did bring a smile to my face, just replace 'Bob' with 'a skeptic' and the quote makes great reading, something from a David Icke forum maybe or even UM. But this still leaves a very small question mark for me, it does not ask kids to question if there are aliens but if they are already here. I will leave this as an amusing coincidence as I do not want to imply anything against  Simon Bartram and this is a 'kids book' after all, make of it what you will.

I am glad my son has had this experience, he has used investigative skills, observation and communication, a large chunk of imagination and been asked to keep an open mind with his decisions. It will be interesting to see how common this becomes and if it is mentioned by other UM readers in the future.

Links

http://www.templarco...on_bartram.html

http://www.simonbartram.com/

http://news.bbc.co.u...and/7622114.stm

Bob sounds interesting, I will have to look up some Bob for my son, he wold like that. I cannot agree with replacing Bob with Skeptic. Skeptics go to the moon all the time? I seem to have not received my ticket! That was just a stir anyway I take it. The observation lessons sound to have been a success. As for disclosure, I really, really cannot see that in this. But I do see perhaps an imaginative teacher with excellent communication skills who knows the students, and what will motivate them. My kids are not back for a few more weeks yet, but I have forwarded the links to my wife. As long as kids do not come out of this focussing on the spaceship, but the observation, it seems to have been quite a success. I will forward the links to one teacher whom I know will be open minded about the lessons learned here. Did you ever speak to your sons teacher, and get the full story on the proposed goal, and inspiration for the project?
My only concern from day one was perhaps some adults might be forcing their beliefs onto new minds. I think the way it is set up, that perhaps no one set of ideals can influence the outcome? Which is a good thing.

#15    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,404 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

Good Movie too ! even if it was a bit typical ! :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users