I caught a rerun of a show on the *cough* History *cough* channel discussing this topic recently. It trotted out the same facts that we've probably heard before:
- The photo of Hitler's corpse passed around was a body double
- No country could verify Hitler's death for some time
- The skull fragments that Russia has are that of a young woman
- South America was a haven for Nazi sympathizers after the war
- Hitler's last actions weren't that of a man facing certain death
Essentially, this theory says that Hitler lived to a ripe old age after escaping the fall of Berlin. Some say he had two daughters, etc. etc.
I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on this topic, whether or not they have more information to share, etc. I am learning more towards this discussion revolving around speculation and a genuine Alternative History view rather than just outright "this is ridiculous and couldn't happen." I realize this theory isn't one of the more plausible ones, but am curious as to what people will come up with.