Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Moon visitors are asked to tread lightly

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,216 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:45 PM

This topic has become a bit of a train wreck. Please let's keep to on topic posting only. Lilly has already asked people to do this. This is a second warning. Before we need to issue a third here is a little fact you might want to consider, it takes a moderator a lot less time and effort to remove a post than it does for you to write it.

If you wish to discuss the Apollo hoax theory then please fell free to do so in the conspiracies section.

If you wish to discuss China & Tibet please feel free to do so in the politics section.

If you wish to discuss the preservation of the Apollo landing sites as historical locations, BINGO!! You are in the right place.

Thank you.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#47    Waspie_Dwarf

Waspie_Dwarf

Space Cadet

• 34,216 posts

• We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Oscar Wilde

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

To get this thread back on topic...

I have always envisaged a future where the Apollo landing sites will be huge tourist attractions. I suspect that if that comes to pass it will not be in my lifetime. However the sites absolutely will have to be protected. Nature will take Šons to eradicate the astronauts footprints, careless human activity will do it in decades.

These sites are more important than just a part of U.S. history, these footprints belong to the world. If mankind leaves this planet and spreads amongst the stars then those footprints will represent a seminal moment in the evolutionary history of life in the universe. Those footprints will represent a moment on par with the first fish leaving the ocean on its way to becoming an amphibian.

In the millennia to come mankind will look far back into their history and remember that there was a time when the entire species was restricted to one small planet. It is my hope that they will be able to look at the preserved footprints on the moon and be able to know that this is where it all began to change.

"Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind-boggingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the street to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space." - The Hitch-Hikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Posted Image
Click on button

#48    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:35 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 08 March 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

To get this thread back on topic...

I have always envisaged a future where the Apollo landing sites will be huge tourist attractions. I suspect that if that comes to pass it will not be in my lifetime. However the sites absolutely will have to be protected. Nature will take Šons to eradicate the astronauts footprints, careless human activity will do it in decades.

These sites are more important than just a part of U.S. history, these footprints belong to the world. If mankind leaves this planet and spreads amongst the stars then those footprints will represent a seminal moment in the evolutionary history of life in the universe. Those footprints will represent a moment on par with the first fish leaving the ocean on its way to becoming an amphibian.

In the millennia to come mankind will look far back into their history and remember that there was a time when the entire species was restricted to one small planet. It is my hope that they will be able to look at the preserved footprints on the moon and be able to know that this is where it all began to change.
Wow ! thats a lot of gravity there Waspie ! Good to see you postin again ! It is strange that I was in no way part of any missinformation or de-railment of this thread ! Must of been a record ?
But As for the threads content Its a really good question. We should as a unified people protect all the moons ,worlds anything off planet for the advancment of our kind.

You would think that today we would all see this. Its going to be a massive undertaking to get off this rock ,we better get it right the first time.
Good to see you again postin ! Keep it going ,And remember the Texas B.B.Q stills the Bomb @@justDONTEATUS :tu:

This is a Work in Progress!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users