Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The First Sign

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 19 January 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostFreddie AppsHero, on 19 January 2012 - 04:03 AM, said:

There has never NOT been war in the Middle East. We should be worried when there's peace in the ME.

Yeah...that's kind of what I said about a perfect peace treaty negotiator like no other, orchestrating a false end to all the middle east chaos...then turning out to be a tyrant after a couple of years, aka anti-Christ type.

Edited by Spid3rCyd3, 19 January 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#17    woopypooky

woopypooky

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

george bush must have believed this, thats why he went for afghanistan

#18    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,178 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

From what I gather the concencus in Christian Apocrypha is that the first sign is false prophets, apparently there will be a proliferation of false prophecies - kinda makes saying anything about end times rather moot I'm thinking.:innocent:

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#19    karmakazi

karmakazi

Crazy Cat Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

• That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

The "beginning of the end" of various belief systems:   (please forgive the extensive paraphrasing)

Buddhism describes a time when there will be swords in the hand of every man, and we'll all hunt each other like game, but some will shelter in hiding and after all the slaying has ended they'll come out and begin virtuous lives again.

Christianity (revelations) refers to the tribulation as a time when man turns against man and ultimately there is a system in place where those without a mark are tortured, put to death, or not allowed to participate in society and may ultimately die of starvation or pestilence.  It's hard to say what the first sign is though, because of the question of when the rapture occurse in relation to the tribulation.  If the rapture occurred first then it would be the first sign.

Hinduism describes us as being in the Kali Yuga (last of four periods in an age) when human beings are most at odds with each other with infighting, war and quarreling, however at the end of the Kali Yuga we would simply move into the next age, rather than there being an "end".

Islam - Muhammed described people as having whips in their hands and waking and going to sleep with the "wrath of God" which seems to again describe people fighting or causing harm to one another.

Lakota Indians told a story of a very old woman living in a hidden cave, weaving a blanket strip of porcupine quills.  Every so often she puts it down to go to the fire and stir the deep red berry soup she has on the fire, and while she does so the black dog with her pulls quills out of the strip so that she never makes any progress.  When she finally completes the belt, the world would come to an end.

Hopi Indians spoke of the Blue Star Kachina, which when he appeared would signal that the end was near.  There was description of animals with unnatural features appearing in the wild, earth changes and fire storms.  Some of the story seems to involve signs in the stars, as if it refurs to certain planetary movements and the zodiac.

Aztecs refer to creation/end times as a cycle, birth, death, rebirth.  They believed the end of this cycle would come with earthquakes.

Gnosticism (specifically Valentinism) refers to eschatology as being individual and occurring as an individual awakens themselves rather than at a single future time for all of humanity.

In general, most speak of earth changes such as earthquakes, volcanoes, etc, and / or human infighting... though both have occurred throughout history with no perception that the end has come or that we're in it... at least not among the general populus.

Then again, there are those who believe that the Revelations chapter of the bible has already occurred and referred to events of the first few centuries in the middle east.

There is no greater risk in life than doing nothing.

#20    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:46 PM

View PostRDaniels, on 18 January 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

I remember something about 3 days of darkness (According to the mayan story) which could explain the super volcano's.
Especially now that they have found a second super volcano in Germany, however 3 days of darkness would be a little short I still find it one of the more reliable stories especially because they are scientificly proven to be there..
The volcano has been known and studied for some times now

http://www.wired.com...-ready-to-blow/

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#21    SurgeTechnologies

SurgeTechnologies

Psychic Spy

• 1,376 posts

• "Why not take what seems to me the only chance of escaping what is otherwise the sure destruction"

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:51 PM

Well it is not a dooms day event but i'd say first contact for modern human civilization on 21.12.2012. I hope!

RSOE EDIS - Emergency and Disaster Information Service App is available on site!

And just Russia Today...

#22    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,783 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

View Postclyde barrow, on 19 January 2012 - 12:54 PM, said:

I do remember reading about this.  But I would think that this event would be extremely obvious to everyone. How could the biblical anti-christ be so sly at pulling this off without his true identity and plan exposed ?
Lost track of this thread for awhile...
Christians are split on the concept of the "rapture of the church" but this disappearance of Christians would account for people not understanding what's going on then.  Most people wouldn't have a clue about biblical end times expectations other than Christians and religious scholars.  And when a mid east war is fought where nukes are threatened to be used or even USED...then not many people will worry about prophecies.  They'll be scared to death that their world might be coming to an end and that's all they'll care about. Imagine that some rational, charismatic, articulate strong man comes forward with a solution that is acceptable to Jews AND Muslims.
Think of it...someone ACTUALLY finding a way to peace in that region.  World wide hero overnight... A seven year treaty is signed for "confidence building" and both sides begin to disarm.  Three and a half years later this guy ups and says  I'm G-D worship me or die.
Long answer...SHORT answer is that the SIGN is the seven year peace deal.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#23    Curious16yearold

Curious16yearold

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

• Mama said life was like a box a chocolates..

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

Honestly I hope for that whole theory that we will all reach a higher conciousness and learn to love one another unconditionally. A life of love and adventure is a life I'd give anything for. It's my dream. But nothing will probally happen and if the end of the world were to happen then I guess all this paranoia and BS will be for naught. I just hope something good happens is that to much to ask for?

#24    zombeikiller

zombeikiller

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 470 posts

• 2012 not the end. just the beging of the war aginst demons. "So lock and load! Take as many as you can with you!"

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:20 PM

View Postand then, on 19 January 2012 - 10:12 AM, said:

Most Christians believe that the final 7 years before Christ physically returns to earth to rule and reign will be a time of great trouble know as the TRIBULATION.  It begins when a world leader helps broker middle east peace for 7 years.  Three and a half years into the seven this world leader requires everyone to worship HIM as God.(this time is known as the GREAT TRIBULATION)
No one who refuses his mark can buy, sell or do any  business so refusing the mark is like a death sentence.  But to reject his mark also makes a person eligible for beheading.
Christians can never do this.  Many of them will be beheaded.  Those of any faith that take the mark will be eternally damned.  It's all written about in the book of revelation.  A book where Jesus reveals himself to us.

then a bulet hit him right between his eyes. and then every one will rejoice. the evil one is dead.

also i don't think anyone would follow him other then his small band of followers. and if it bleeds it can die. nothing is immortal. in the physical plain. and it  will take a army of demons to stop me.

#25    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

View Postzombeikiller, on 03 February 2012 - 02:20 PM, said:

then a bulet hit him right between his eyes. and then every one will rejoice. the evil one is dead.

also i don't think anyone would follow him other then his small band of followers. and if it bleeds it can die. nothing is immortal. in the physical plain. and it  will take a army of demons to stop me.

Are you really that dumb?  What?...12 to 15 years old maybe?

It won't play out that way and we all know this...it is a chess game...there are those that know they will win and those that already know they won't.....so...

I f you need to embrace one violent faction over another... suppose that will eventually be revealed...but that is not the plan and your time is short...enjoy...

#26    Lightingbird

Lightingbird

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 54 posts

• Step Aside or Die

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostCurious16yearold, on 03 February 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

Honestly I hope for that whole theory that we will all reach a higher conciousness and learn to love one another unconditionally. A life of love and adventure is a life I'd give anything for. It's my dream. But nothing will probally happen and if the end of the world were to happen then I guess all this paranoia and BS will be for naught. I just hope something good happens is that to much to ask for?

Umm... what?  :mellow:

#27    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 5,099 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:40 PM

View PostCurious16yearold, on 03 February 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

God I hope not. Apart from the fact that the idea of "higher conciousness" doesn't make much sense, human beings do love others unconditionally. And if you're talking about everyone having to love everyone else unconditionally, well that just sounds like spiritual fascism.

Science isn’t about truth and falsity, it’s about reducing uncertainty ~ Brian Nosek

#28    Amalthe

Amalthe

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

By the end of this year, there will be war in europe. Facing huge economical meltdown in US, NATO will start to dissolve, releasing protection from its members. Armies from the east will steamroll through europe, and wil be stopped by last ditch resort, release of chemical weapon that will cover the Europe into few days of darkness. Good proportion of population will be eliminated, before events from the End of Days might unravel.

For some it will be the Dawning of the New Age. For others, beginning of reign of the Unholy one.

Edited by Amalthe, 07 February 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#29    Sensible Logic

Sensible Logic

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

• If I alter the reality to fit the fantasy I can prove anything.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

View PostAmalthe, on 07 February 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

By the end of this year, there will be war in europe. Facing huge economical meltdown in US, NATO will start to dissolve, releasing protection from its members. Armies from the east will steamroll through europe, and wil be stopped by last ditch resort, release of chemical weapon that will cover the Europe into few days of darkness. Good proportion of population will be eliminated, before events from the End of Days might unravel.

For some it will be the Dawning of the New Age. For others, beginning of reign of the Unholy one.

Nice fiction book you have started there.  The end of the year will be people pushing others aside to buy Christmas presents and of course New Year's libations.  For those who may believe what you have written, it will be another disappointment when none of it happens, followed by filing your predictions in the round file with Harold Camping's.

The sheer odds of a civilization advancing, developing space travel, deciding to search our little corner of the galaxy, arriving at just the right time and actually helping us is so huge, you would have a greater chance of winning several lotteries in a single year. - SensibleLogic

#30    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Forum Divinity

• 10,578 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostAmalthe, on 07 February 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

But for the majority, its pure fiction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users