Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

2 million-year-old giant footprint

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#91    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,740 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostAlienated Being, on 31 January 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Why do people always try to explain things using mythical stories as evidence to support their claims?

:huh:

Because reality scares the hell out of them.  :lol:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#92    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

View Postlilthor, on 29 January 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

Wow look at those jaws.

What did those Paracaseans eat anyway...trees?

Could be an adaptation to compensate for the severely 'out-of-shape' skull.

Here's an interesting webpage about the health effects those extreme skull deformations must have had:

http://uprightdoctor...sign-and-ccvbp/

#93    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 9,795 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 30 January 2012 - 02:09 AM, said:

Maybe a giant stamped on the above head :devil:
Impossible.

There's no "giant footprint" in the skull.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Anybody like Coleridge?

#94    lilthor

lilthor

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 31 January 2012 - 12:41 PM, said:

Could be an adaptation to compensate for the severely 'out-of-shape' skull.

Here's an interesting webpage about the health effects those extreme skull deformations must have had:

http://uprightdoctor...sign-and-ccvbp/
Could be...and yes, that was interesting.

But that Paracasoid looks like he could chew the raw-ass clean off an ill-tempered buffalo.

If he was really hungry, I mean.

#95    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 19,810 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 31 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostIvan92, on 31 January 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

Really? Great flood did'nt happen?
Ok well enlighten me and exlain how the grand canyon was formed.
Thanks!
A million years and the Colorado river.  :geek:

If the Great Flood created the Grand Canyon, then, since it was a world wide flood, we should see hundreds of other canyons just as deep and just as wide. Yet we don't.

On all the world's ice melting, Cormac is right that the sea level would only rise 65 meters. Satalite technology, ice penetrating radar, and other technologies have allowed mankind to find out very closely how much ice is at the poles and using that calculate what would happen if it melted.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#96    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

View Postlilthor, on 31 January 2012 - 07:59 PM, said:

Could be...and yes, that was interesting.

But that Paracasoid looks like he could chew the raw-ass clean off an ill-tempered buffalo.

If he was really hungry, I mean.

I hope you noticed he lost a lot of the molars in the back of his mouth.

And, that a lot of the bone tissue near the roots of the teeth and molars was lost in time, and that that is what made the teeth amd molars look huge.

#97    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Awesome! What a freaky coincidence! :) I love nature

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#98    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

View PostAlienated Being, on 31 January 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Why do people always try to explain things using mythical stories as evidence to support their claims?

:huh:
'Cause myths used to be a way to explain the world before we came up with better ways of finding authors, and people still find these stories compelling. Either for religious reasons or due to peer pressure.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#99    Primordiak

Primordiak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:09 PM

Because Most myths have truths that are inside it at some point, take a myth find out the orgin or beginning of it and you will have some truth enshrouded in it.

#100    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:09 AM

View PostPrimordiak, on 25 April 2012 - 11:09 PM, said:

Because Most myths have truths that are inside it at some point, take a myth find out the orgin or beginning of it and you will have some truth enshrouded in it.
Which may well be entirely unrelated to the later versions of the myth.
Take Robin Hood.
He started out as a mess named Ribbon Hod who lived in a tree.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#101    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,808 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:35 PM

I agree, but the truth is usually not even close.   Take an ancient person finding a "giant" dinosaur bone.   Now the myth is that giants once roamed the earth.   The truth is that an acient man found a giant dinosaur bone.

#102    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 17 January 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

It more than likely is old. I believe it's carved or created in some way or another and not real in any way. Also, on a side note, was anyone else disgusted at how winded this man was by simply traversing a very reasonable incline?

**Note to future videographers, if you're so out of shape that a simple walk makes you extremely winded, wait until you catch your breath before you start the camera. Posted Image

LMFAO yeah I was getting pissed off he was so out of breath, its like dude just give up lol

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#103    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:24 PM

\

Yeah.

Thousands of years ago a couple were making love in the orchard of some dictatorial a--hole. When finished the girl took an apple form a tree in the orchard, and the guy at first didn't think it was a good idea, but her looks 'convinced' him to take a bite anyway.

Then the owner of the orchard caught them in the act, and kicked them out for ever.

They had been hobos for a long  time, wandering here and there, and he was so kind to give them a place to stay, educated them somewhat because they didn't know scheise (he re-created them from the dirt they came from) but only if they would obey his strict rules.

Edited by Abramelin, 23 August 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#104    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:20 PM

View Post73V3N, on 17 January 2012 - 07:18 PM, said:

I would like to share with you what could be one of the best pieces of evidence that there were once giants on Earth a long time ago. It's known by the locals as the 'Footprint of God'. This giant footprint is located in South Africa. It's size is around 4ft long. If it is genuine, the owner of that footprint would've been 24ft tall. The history of our planet is a lot stranger than most of us could possibly imagine.

http://worldmysterie...ootprint-of-god

If you believe this carp then wait till you see the rocks that look like giant penises!

#105    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,121 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 10:37 PM

View PostAtlantia, on 23 August 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

If you believe this carp then wait till you see the rocks that look like giant penises!

Heh, these?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users