Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

'Nuckin Futs'' set to go on sale

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,804 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:03 AM

www.news.com.au said:

A SNACK called Nuckin Futs will go on sale after a lawyer's successful argument that the word "f..." is a normal part of Australian speech and so cannot be deemed offensive under trademark rules.
The trademark application for "Nuckin Futs" was at first rejected by the register as being scandalous and offensive due to its similarity to the phrase "f...ing nuts".
The Trade Marks Examiner ruled that "Nuckin Futs" was an "obvious spoonerism" and deemed it ineligible for registration under section 42 of the Trade Marks Act.

Posted Image Read more...
I would not say commonplace. I hate this bloke, he makes Australia look like the land of bogans. I wont be buying this crap. Shock tactics are so passe. I find them childish. Not an instance where I can say "I am proud to be an Aussie". As bad as that tosser with the Wicked Camper vans a little while back.

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#2    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,249 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:18 AM

Chopper Read has his own chain of Nuts also!  All kinds of flavors, their not to bad ! Posted Image Comically Harmless! Aussie Oie. They could call them Aussie Nuts and put a picture of Parliament on it?

Attached Files

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#3    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,484 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:21 AM

In Texas, there was a chap who decided to open a night club for the younger set.  He managed to get a good deal on a former furniture store by the name of "Sofa King".  Seeing the name, he decided to keep it, and simply add the word "Awesome!" under it, as the name of his club.

#4    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,804 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:36 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 18 January 2012 - 05:18 AM, said:

Chopper Read has his own chain of Nuts also!  All kinds of flavors, their not to bad ! Posted Image Comically Harmless! Aussie Oie. They could call them Aussie Nuts and put a picture of Parliament on it?

:w00t:

I just could not chomp on Choppers Nuts. That is just sooo wrong LOL. That, like the fellow Aquatus1 referred to though is being clever, a play on words, this guy is just making us all look like bogans.

Is swearing more commonplace in Australia than anywhere else? That seems a tall order.

Love the parliament suggestion, not that's using the noodle! :D Ever heard of KFC's Gillard Snack pack? Two extra small breasts, two extra large thighs in a red box. :lol:

Edited by psyche101, 18 January 2012 - 05:47 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#5    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,804 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 18 January 2012 - 05:21 AM, said:

In Texas, there was a chap who decided to open a night club for the younger set.  He managed to get a good deal on a former furniture store by the name of "Sofa King".  Seeing the name, he decided to keep it, and simply add the word "Awesome!" under it, as the name of his club.

I knew a guy that opened up a fish and chips shop in North QLD called Mullet Up! and a Coffe lounge, in Townsvillle I think, I know it was called "How The Foccacia". Hard to forget.

Holy crap, are we really bogans?

Edited by psyche101, 18 January 2012 - 05:38 AM.

#6    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:39 AM

Anyone remember those kid's lollies " F A G S " ? Made to resemble cigarettes, may have just been an Aussie thing. Those things had no chance of surviving into the present, on two separate grounds. But Nuckin Futs will probably get through.

#7    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,804 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:43 AM

View PostHabitat, on 18 January 2012 - 05:39 AM, said:

Anyone remember those kid's lollies " F A G S " ? Made to resemble cigarettes, may have just been an Aussie thing. Those things had no chance of surviving into the present, on two separate grounds. But Nuckin Futs will probably get through.

:lol:

Showing my age no doubt, but yes, I remember them, they were rebadged as FADS I am pretty sure.

Posted Image

Many adults gave these to me as a kid! How strange that we promote smoking in this way!

Does not look like the aussie cover I have seen, but this is how it ended up.

Posted Image

#8    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:58 AM

How cleverly they were morphed to avoid the wrath of do-gooders and regulators. :tu:

#9    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:02 AM

KFC would be mortified lest they lose the trade of the rusted-on Laborites. Something similar was circulating in the 70's with the Gough Whitlam deal containing left chicken wings only. But, true to form, the modern version of the joke is heavily vulgarized for the times.

#10    xCrimsonx

xCrimsonx

Resident Vamp

• 5,249 posts

• The Vampire Lair
    http://paranormalborder.net/forum/3002966/
    "All Torque & No Traction"
    "Static - Cold"
    "GF,FO"
    "1"

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:06 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 18 January 2012 - 05:36 AM, said:

:w00t:

I just could not chomp on Choppers Nuts. That is just sooo wrong LOL. That, like the fellow Aquatus1 referred to though is being clever, a play on words, this guy is just making us all look like bogans.

Is swearing more commonplace in Australia than anywhere else? That seems a tall order.

Love the parliament suggestion, not that's using the noodle! :D Ever heard of KFC's Gillard Snack pack? Two extra small breasts, two extra large thighs in a red box. :lol:

Turkey neck's mmm yummy! LOL   Posted Image Tis sad, but Aussie slang may die out one day! Anyways.,. Aussies have boulders not pebbles!Posted Image

The Paranormal Border
The Vampire Club18+

http://forum.paranor...order.com/index
Posted Image

#11    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:29 AM

All this reminds me of that 'little' tribe in Arica called the ''Wherethe****areweee'' tribe. They are a pigmy tribe standing at most,  3ft tall.   Apparently, where they live, the grass grows to 4ft and in the summer they can be seen jumpiing up and down shouting ''Wherethe****areweee  wherethe****areweee''   :w00t:

edit :blush:

Edited by Englishgent, 18 January 2012 - 06:30 AM.

#12    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,804 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:54 AM

View PostHabitat, on 18 January 2012 - 06:02 AM, said:

KFC would be mortified lest they lose the trade of the rusted-on Laborites. Something similar was circulating in the 70's with the Gough Whitlam deal containing left chicken wings only. But, true to form, the modern version of the joke is heavily vulgarized for the times.

It would seem that we are vulgar according to the Nucking Futs lawyer, but are we bogans?

#13    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,804 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:02 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 18 January 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

All this reminds me of that 'little' tribe in Arica called the ''Wherethe****areweee'' tribe. They are a pigmy tribe standing at most,  3ft tall.   Apparently, where they live, the grass grows to 4ft and in the summer they can be seen jumpiing up and down shouting ''Wherethe****areweee  wherethe****areweee''   :w00t:

I have the most amusing mental picture in my head.

#14    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

View PostxCrimsonx, on 18 January 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

Turkey neck's mmm yummy! LOL   Posted Image Tis sad, but Aussie slang may die out one day! Anyways.,. Aussies have boulders not pebbles!Posted Image
Ever heard the phrase 'over shoulder boulder holders'?

Posted Image

#15    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

View PostEnglishgent, on 18 January 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

:lol:   .. Englishgent   ... not quite on par with  "hemmings"  perhaps.. but a gallant effort none the less.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users