Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Russia proposes manned Moon base

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,840 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

Russia is discussing the possibility of a permanent manned outpost on the Moon with NASA and ESA.

Digital Journal said:

Partnership in space exploration between Russia's space agency Roscosmos, the European Space Agency and NASA has been ongoing for more than a decade in the International Space Station project.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    BFB

BFB

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:56 AM

View PostSaru, on 20 January 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

Russia is discussing the possibility of a permanent manned outpost on the Moon with NASA and ESA.

Finally, lets hope it comes to more than* just talk.  :clap:

Great news for space exploration!!

Edited by BFB, 20 January 2012 - 11:22 AM.

"Its not true, until my brain says so" - BFB

#3    Welsh Shaun

Welsh Shaun

Psychic Spy

• 1,964 posts

• If the facts dont fit the theory, change the facts.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 11:39 AM

As long as all these nations stay friends then they might achieve this

Posted Image

#4    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• 1,747 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 02:10 PM

Whats man going to do on the moon except indulge his sense of curiosity. Its childish and a complete waste of time and money.

#5    Calibeliever

Calibeliever

Psychic Spy

• 1,095 posts

• The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none. - Thomas Carlyle

Posted 20 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

@Device. Google Helium3

#6    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• 1,747 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:10 PM

Well Calibveliever if they can get that up and running - and then give the people free energy for their basic needs, then sure. But I don't want to see the moon raped by mining companies as the Earth has been. No.

#7    mushymopman

mushymopman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

• trust all your senses

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:11 PM

twill never happen, this idea will be shot down by the locals

#8    Anotheryahoo

Anotheryahoo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:28 PM

There are many resources on the moon and many elements to be harvested, much to be explored, its just a matter of money, politics and time.

#9    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,169 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:46 PM

Great if it happpens,as long as they dont find our base on the dark side

#10    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,169 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:54 PM

View PostDevice, on 20 January 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

Whats man going to do on the moon except indulge his sense of curiosity. Its childish and a complete waste of time and money.
I dont think its a waste of money,if we are eventually go to the stars we have to start somewhere,and the moon is ideal as a forward base.We cannot stay here forever as resources ie:- minerals, food for billions,will become exhausted sooner than later.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#11    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,650 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:22 PM

View Postspud the mackem, on 20 January 2012 - 09:54 PM, said:

I dont think its a waste of money,if we are eventually go to the stars we have to start somewhere,and the moon is ideal as a forward base.We cannot stay here forever as resources ie:- minerals, food for billions,will become exhausted sooner than later.

Plus it would be ideal for getting experience in preparation for long term expeditions to, e.g.,  Mars.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#12    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 4,169 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 10:41 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 20 January 2012 - 10:22 PM, said:

Plus it would be ideal for getting experience in preparation for long term expeditions to, e.g.,  Mars.

Cheers,
Badeskov
Thanks for agreeing,the only problem I have with it,is I shall be past my "sell by date",by the time it happens,Regards,Spud the Mackem

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#13    james1951

james1951

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:23 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 20 January 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

Thanks for agreeing,the only problem I have with it,is I shall be past my "sell by date",by the time it happens,Regards,Spud the Mackem
If you can put put enough resources on the moon, and the moon is not affect as much because of its lack of atmosphere you might be able to "ride out" any calamity that might happen on earth like the proverbial "pole shift" and return to repopulate the earth a few years after the dust and waters have settled.

#14    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,650 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:19 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 20 January 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

No need to thank me - but I will be well past my "sell by date" when it happens as well. Nevertheless, the idea is still intriguing to me.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#15    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 12,650 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 01:22 AM

View Postjames1951, on 21 January 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

If you can put put enough resources on the moon, and the moon is not affect as much because of its lack of atmosphere you might be able to "ride out" any calamity that might happen on earth like the proverbial "pole shift" and return to repopulate the earth a few years after the dust and waters have settled.

There is not going to be any sudden pole shift that would kill off the population of the Earth. As long as we have a magnetic field to protect us space dangers, we are fine. It doesn't really matter where the magnetic South and North poles are, as long as they are there. And it happens slowly anyways.

Any thoughts to the contrary is born our of ignorance.

Cheers,
Badeskov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users