Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Noises heard all over the world

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#1    ploppy

ploppy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:26 PM

Has anyone heard about the recent weird noises eminating around the world this past week? I'm just reading up on some now. It could all be some hoax/viral thing, but there's quite a few recordings from different parts of the world. Just weird I haven't heard about this from anyone else.

Strange Noise Videos

Huffington Post posted:

The first video, posted on Jan. 12, reportedly recorded Strange sounds in a forest in Conklin, Alta., a remote community northeast of Edmonton. the unidentified noise – which sounds like it came straight from the soundtrack of a horror movie – has racked up more than 500,000 views and dozens of comments, many of which question its authenticity.

Another video surfaced just a few days later on Jan. 15, with similar sounds apparently recorded in the Pas, Manitoba, more than 1,000 kilometres away. WATCH BELOW.

Coincidence? We may need Mulder and Scully to investigate.

“Sounds like a good start to a death metal song...” said one user about the first video.

“Aliens obviously,” another viewer wrote.

“Sounds like hell opening up,” one user claimed.

A more skeptical viewer wrote, “This video is soooooooo fake people, they are just trying to get some hits on you tube! (sic).”

Some have suggested it's the sound of a sasquatch-like creature. Back in October, a group of researchers claimed they were "95 per cent" certain that a Yeti was living in Siberia. However the Yeti evidence was later debunked when one of the scientists who partook in the study told the Huffington Post that the Yeti scenario was likely staged.

We think the howling sounds a lot like the dragons in Skyrim.

Several videos featuring unidentified sounds have been posted in the last couple of months. A user in Denmark posted one on Jan. 10, which has already been viewed by 60,000 people. Another person in Sweden claimed to have been woken up by what sounds like a train (even though the user allegedly doesn’t live near any tracks).

#2    dice401

dice401

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Indeed I have! Personally I haven't heard the sounds, but I have friends who have. There is also a youtube vid from my city as well where you can clearly hear the sound. I have no idea what it could be... but very curious to find out!

#3    The_Sensual_One

The_Sensual_One

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 359 posts

• Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 04:57 PM

I for one believe what they heard. I live in LA. and I've been hearing strange noises since Jan 12. I kid you not. The noises usually start around night time for me. And I am not The only one who hears them. Also, besides The noises, but I notice The sky in The day and night as well as seeing The sky changing from dark to light in a matter of seconds. A couple of days ago, my mother was heading out to go walking and she had  to turn around. She saw The sun on one side of The road and darkness and lightning on The other side of The road. The weather for us went from cold-calm to raging-dark-lightning-thunder storm and switched to bright sunshine and hot weather in under 3 minutes. This is due to The Earth shift. It's expectant. Though, many would be startled and confused.

The truth is we are spiritual beings living a human experience.

#4    Goodnite

Goodnite

Outsider looking in.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

• Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

I've read that the earth naturally produces sounds and this articles explains how.
My link

Edited by Goodnite, 20 January 2012 - 06:10 PM.

The King of the Beasts

#5    Hero of our time.

Hero of our time.

Alien Embryo

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:33 PM

My heart is now heavy within me and i am sad. I heard that strange sound too. Not by nerves of my ears , material sound. No  this is gods voice ,speaking to me ,and listened carefully . No I don't care for it , because my soul and heart sunk in heaviness of my heart ,anxiety ,illness and infirmity.

Been crucified.

#6    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• 2,080 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 11:05 AM

!

This video is one of several recorded in parts of Canada where bizarre howling noises were heard earlier this month. The first video, posted Jan. 13, features growling noises recorded in a forest in Conklin, Alberta. Other videos have cropped up since then that capture similar noises in different Canadian forests.

Some say The howls could be from a Yeti or Sasquatch-like animal. Both are large, bipedal creatures thought to resemble apes which some people believe to exist in large forested areas. While The beasts have never been seen, believers have long tried to prove their existence, and The videos recorded in Canada have garnered a lot of attention. Last year, a team of Russian scientists said they were very sure evidence of a Yeti was uncovered. However, that theory was later debunked. Skeptics say these video are just anOther hoax to get more Youtube hits.

#7    WickedOne

WickedOne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:50 AM

One sounds like forest gun shots. Another sounded like some kind of factory noises. Machinery. Another, airplane with cloud cover. Thinking there's a perfectly good explanation for all.  :tu:

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before.

#8    WickedOne

WickedOne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 01:58 AM

I'd be like... I'm done. Bye.  :blink:

Actually, it sounds the same every time. Almost.... mechanical somehow.  :mellow:

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before.

#9    TCMike

TCMike

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:37 AM

If these sounds were indeed real, you would think whole towns of people would be hearing them and saying so.  For example the one in Kiev, Russia, I think, shows 3 young women walking seemingly oblivious to the sound eminating from somewhere off in the distance.  Well I guess I'll keep an ear out whenever I'm outside, just in case.

#10    TCMike

TCMike

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 02:56 AM

Gee Paul, I wish those demons would stop howling, its making it hard for me to select which tree I wan't as my Christmas tree.  lol

#11    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:02 AM

View PostWickedOne, on 22 January 2012 - 01:58 AM, said:

I'd be like... I'm done. Bye.  :blink:

Actually, it sounds the same every time. Almost.... mechanical somehow.  :mellow:

You are right. It does sound mechanical.
Looking at this from a logical point of view :-
There are a number of different  frequencies included in each sound recording, from low to high frequencies. I know that natural sounds such as somebody speaking even, contains many frequencies but they are not normally as pronounced as these.  It would be interesting to see these sounds on an oscilloscope. I dont think it is a natural sound. Also, from the video it looks like a very calm day, therefore any sound made could travel great distances with echo effects added due to what looks like mountainous terrain.

#12    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,999 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:19 AM

This is either viral marketing or just plain hoaxing.  Though they are some cool sounding..uhh.. sounds, I don't think there is anything here to be concerned about. Except, perhaps, whatever crappy movies this may be promoting.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#13    WickedOne

WickedOne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

View PostEnglishgent, on 22 January 2012 - 03:02 AM, said:

You are right. It does sound mechanical.
Looking at this from a logical point of view :-
There are a number of different  frequencies included in each sound recording, from low to high frequencies. I know that natural sounds such as somebody speaking even, contains many frequencies but they are not normally as pronounced as these.  It would be interesting to see these sounds on an oscilloscope. I dont think it is a natural sound. Also, from the video it looks like a very calm day, therefore any sound made could travel great distances with echo effects added due to what looks like mountainous terrain.
This is a poor example but... cars passing the same corner of a road... same sound over and over... traveling. * shrugs *

#14    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 3,999 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 03:31 AM

Pretty much the same topic here on the forum: My link

These sounds are supposed popping up all over the world. I'm calling hoax or viral marketing, because if this were really happened all over the world there might be some evidence, like news stories, or, I dunno, maybe more than one or 2 witnesses in every video?

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#15    WickedOne

WickedOne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 05:32 AM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 22 January 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Pretty much the same topic here on the forum: My link

These sounds are supposed popping up all over the world. I'm calling hoax or viral marketing, because if this were really happened all over the world there might be some evidence, like news stories, or, I dunno, maybe more than one or 2 witnesses in every video?

Listened to them and posted MO on it. Those were my conclusions and I'm stickin' to em!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users