Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UFO spotted in Devon

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 43,374 posts

• Sometimes it's better to keep the mystery unexplained.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

www.telegraph.co.uk said:

This mysterious image of a UFO shooting across the sky was captured in Devon by a bridge worker.

Gary McDermott snapped the glowing red object, with bright flashing lights, after stopping his car to photograph a low-flying helicopter in Plymouth.

The disc-shaped UFO flashed across the sky - just as he was taking the picture - before it disappeared into the night at 9pm on Sunday.

Mr McDermott, who was working night shifts on the city's famous Royal Albert Bridge, said: "I just couldn't believe what I had just seen.

"It must have been a UFO - and I cannot believe I am saying that because I don't believe in them usually.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,591 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:15 PM

hmmm....so he stops to take picture of a low flying helicopter (at night).....would that work?

It came into shot just as I took the picture - then as soon as I said to my mate 'look what I have just seen', it disappeared

either way, he is now taking his photo and he says the object came into shot.....so where is the helicopter in the photo?

#3    95-Nasty

95-Nasty

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

• Mom and daddy said "the life that you've led
    You'll party you're way straight to hell"

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

I live in Devon, seen loads of police helicopters, rescue helicopters and other air craft at night, would be great to think we had UFOs as well!

The gods you worship are steel, at the alter of Rock 'n Roll youl kneel.

Long live, long live the King of Mercy.

#4    Otto von Pickelhaube

Otto von Pickelhaube

A complete moral vacuum

• 30,148 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:45 PM

I don't want to spoil his fun at all, but it looks very much like lens flare from the street Lamp.

If, as it seems, we are in the process of becoming a totalitarian society in which the state apparatus is all-powerful, the ethics most important for the survival of the true, free, human individual would be: cheat, lie, evade, fake it, be elsewhere, forge documents, build improved electronic gadgets in your garage that’ll outwit the gadgets used by the authorities.

- Philip K. Dick.

#5    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 5,341 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

Someone with more time than me could maybe get the location, then google earth and take a good look at the design of those streetlamps to compare it to the 'craft'.  I'm betting lens flare too, and it would be fairly easy to verify.

There are answers out there, and they won't be found by people sitting around looking serious and saying 'Isn't life mysterious?' - Tim Minchin ('Storm')
My garden is already magical and beyond beautiful - I do not need to invent fairies... - me
The truth ONLY hurts when it slaps you in the face after you haven't done proper homework and made silly claims... - me

#6    Robbo

Robbo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,314 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:59 PM

Lens flare.

"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - God entity

#7    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

Psychic Spy

• 1,323 posts

• 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

Are we serious here? This is the 3rd (I believe :hmm:)  photo of a "UFO" that is nothing more than light play off the lens. Either being shot through a window, thus the double "UFO" pictures/video's we've seen lately as cars and street lights pass the lens and window, and then this obvious lens flare shot.  Is 2012 the year humans digress in their knowledge and common sense exponentially?

#8    Ufo hunter122

Ufo hunter122

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:50 AM

It has to be lens flare, I don't think the thing loves the camera that much to just jump into the shot. He should have took another one to be certain.

#9    Robbo

Robbo

Psychic Spy

• 1,314 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:53 AM

Is 2012 the year humans digress in their knowledge and common sense exponentially?

2012 might be the year of the Dragon but it seems its promising to be a year of BS. We're going to have to live with it too, right up until Dec 21st since every insignificant event will be attributed to that bloody Mayan calendar.

Edited by Robbo, 24 January 2012 - 11:55 AM.

"When you've done things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all" - God entity

#10    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• 2,094 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:56 AM

View PostColoradoParanormal, on 24 January 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Are we serious here? This is the 3rd (I believe :hmm:)  photo of a "UFO" that is nothing more than light play off the lens. Either being shot through a window, thus the double "UFO" pictures/video's we've seen lately as cars and street lights pass the lens and window, and then this obvious lens flare shot.  Is 2012 the year humans digress in their knowledge and common sense exponentially?
No, but it may be the culmination of a process that began with the the launch of the internet...

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#11    chainsawcam

chainsawcam

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:07 PM

LENS FLARE - nothing else

time to move on!!

#12    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,765 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:22 PM

Well, I dont know if its lens flare, but it really really looks like morphed

#13    _CHE2_

_CHE2_

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 55 posts

• The real mystery is why some people are so gullible

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:47 PM

The thing that people forget about lens flare ......is that you only get lens flare by looking through a lens !!!!      Its quite obvious from the shot (straight into the sky) that the guy has seen something - and then taken a picture through a lens......                                      SO WHAT WAS IT HE SAW BEFORE TAKING A PICTURE-        EYEBALL FLARE??

#14    Mr.United_Nations

Mr.United_Nations

hi

• 9,304 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:05 PM

Looks like a blimp

#15    KERIK182

KERIK182

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 11:20 PM