Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 3 votes

Prove to me that God exists.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
857 replies to this topic

#31    Bracket

Bracket

Evil Monkey Genius

• 3,968 posts

• I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostHabitat, on 25 January 2012 - 05:54 AM, said:

Gawd, I'd be embarrassed for Bracket if "she" was of 'ambiguous gender" though. Not that there is anything wrong with that !  :P

She's not.  :angry:  I know because i've been stalking her.  <_< ..... I mean, following her career.  :unsure2:

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#32    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:20 AM

View PostBracket, on 25 January 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

She's not.  :angry:  I know because i've been stalking her.  <_< ..... I mean, following her career.  :unsure2:
What's her name ?

#33    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,503 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostHabitat, on 25 January 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

What's her name ?

Steve?

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#34    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:01 AM

What proof would you want?  What would you consider empirical.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#35    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

I hope nobody minds me re-posting this (it went into the poems bit some time ago) but it sums up my feelings as to whether or not any proof will ever be found.
Thank you , in advance :)

The Cosmic Question.

As I sit here and watch the sky,
things go through my mind, I wonder why.
Do I really exist or is it a game.
Could I belong to a much greater plane.
I drift from my body and look down on this place.
It's really quite small from out here in space.
I do not feel cold, alone or afraid.
I just want the answer. How was it all made.
The stars, the planets, asteroids in a gang.
Did it all come from one great big bang.
Or is it much easier to understand.
Is there a God, did He lend a hand.
Some would say yes and some would say no.
Some would say simply, I really dont know.
But there's nobody out here to ask or debate.
Nobody out here the truth to relate.
So I'll drift back to Earth and I'll watch the sky.
Things will go through my mind and I'll wonder why.

Engilshgent.

#36    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

god exists as an idea. where's my money?

SRS

#37    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,371 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

View PostAlienated Being, on 25 January 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

I want empirical evidence that suggests, beyond a reasonable doubt, that an omniscient, anthropomorphic supernatural being that governs the fates of his products exists.

Your request is self-invalidating.  Empirical evidence is evidence which is gathered according to the precepts of scientific methodology.  By definition, the supernatural is something beyond the understanding of science.  One cannot gather empirical evidence of a supernatural event.

I will write you a $10,000 cheque if you can convince me that a God truly, undeniably exists.

This disclaimer also indicates that this offer is not trustworthy.  You made a very specific request for objective evidence in your first line, however the line governing the distribution of the reward makes very subjective conditions.

This is not an offer that passes review.  It is not logically valid, and it fails in regards to credibility and clarity.

#38    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,211 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:08 PM

View PostAlienated Being, on 25 January 2012 - 06:01 AM, said:

Lol. This thread is going off in an entirely different direction than I intended, however, it's giving me a pretty good laugh...

Carry on. LOL

Well, can we get $10 000 if someone proves you exist?

#39    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

View PostAntilles, on 25 January 2012 - 12:08 PM, said:

Well, can we get $10 000 if someone proves you exist?

I can prove to you that my tom cat Wallie exists.. in fact I would go further and send the little bugger over to you and let him annoy you for a change  lol   You can have the pleasure of waking up to his 3am meows...his morning , noon and night meows. EVEN if you place the bugger outside, he meows loudly outside your windows  Trying to sneak behind the TV for a pee ( but never gets away with it ).....

.......His constant greed ...trust me you couldn't even pop an aspirin, and he is looking it out of your mouth ....his prowling and  destroying the furniture...bullying his sister..trying to chew threw the wires  ( sometimes i am tempted to let him lol..tempted, I don't actually let him).......I could give you a list, but hey I can do more than prove the little git exists.. Just say the word and I'll send him  your way...You can keep your $10,000  you may need it for therapy afterwards ... Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 25 January 2012 - 12:22 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#40    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• 1,211 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:45 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 25 January 2012 - 12:19 PM, said:

I can prove to you that my tom cat Wallie exists.. in fact I would go further and send the little bugger over to you and let him annoy you for a change  lol   You can have the pleasure of waking up to his 3am meows...his morning , noon and night meows. EVEN if you place the bugger outside, he meows loudly outside your windows  Trying to sneak behind the TV for a pee ( but never gets away with it ).....

.......His constant greed ...trust me you couldn't even pop an aspirin, and he is looking it out of your mouth ....his prowling and  destroying the furniture...bullying his sister..trying to chew threw the wires  ( sometimes i am tempted to let him lol..tempted, I don't actually let him).......I could give you a list, but hey I can do more than prove the little git exists.. Just say the word and I'll send him  your way...You can keep your $10,000  you may need it for therapy afterwards ... Posted ImagePosted Image

Will your cat take $10 500 if it can prove anyone exists?

#41    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 25 January 2012 - 12:04 PM, said:

Your request is self-invalidating.  Empirical evidence is evidence which is gathered according to the precepts of scientific methodology.  By definition, the supernatural is something beyond the understanding of science.  One cannot gather empirical evidence of a supernatural event.
Then what's the point in in investing belief in a God if you can't gather evidence of its existence? Using that logic, you may as well just invest believe in unicorns, dragons, leprechauns, faeries, etc.

Are you a blind believer?

Edited by Alienated Being, 25 January 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#42    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:21 PM

I found proof that god exists!

Posted Image

#43    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,936 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

View PostAlienated Being, on 25 January 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

I want empirical evidence that suggests, beyond a reasonable doubt, that an omniscient, anthropomorphic supernatural being that governs the fates of his products exists.

I will write you a $10,000 cheque if you can convince me that a God truly, undeniably exists.

Go.

In this day and age, there's no such proof that we are aware of (otherwise it wouldn't be a case of belief, it would be a case of fact). All 'evidence' is via personal experience, conjecture or comes from religious texts which are rather unreliable as proof.

All we actually have is proof that people believe/have believed in gods, but not proof that those gods existed. I doubt meaningful evidence of the existance of god exists, at least in our lifetimes.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#44    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

Posted Image
Even better proof that God exists. :)

#45    littleriot

littleriot

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

God is in the realm of things that cannot be proved- if you could prove a faith it would cease to involve faith and become fact, which is what God isn't by nature. The absence of evidence would arguably be a reason for belief to some people.

Also, most of the time what God is is relative to the person, making that impossible to share or show proof even if someone feels they have it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users