Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Have you seen or experienced God or Jesus?

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

I keep seeing many skeptics saying that God is an imaginary friend. Or that there is no evidence or empirical evidence for God or Jesus. And I'm wondering. Without sounding like a testimony. Without getting into it too much. Would people share if they have seen or experienced God or Jesus. I will try to add a poll. I will say that. When you see Jesus day after day sitting next to you in a light. Everyone telling you that you imagined it. Get's very hard to accept. If you have seen Jesus. You will know it's not just a visual experience. It is huge. It overwhelms you. You aren't not sure. It's not like thinking you saw a Ghost. And getting spooked. It is 100 percent.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#2    keven3

keven3

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:15 AM

Cassea, on 26 January 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

I keep seeing many skeptics saying that God is an imaginary friend. Or that there is no evidence or empirical evidence for God or Jesus. And I'm wondering. Without sounding like a testimony. Without getting into it too much. Would people share if they have seen or experienced God or Jesus. I will try to add a poll. I will say that. When you see Jesus day after day sitting next to you in a light. Everyone telling you that you imagined it. Get's very hard to accept. If you have seen Jesus. You will know it's not just a visual experience. It is huge. It overwhelms you. You aren't not sure. It's not like thinking you saw a Ghost. And getting spooked. It is 100 percent.

I have never seen Jesus but I have seen with spiritual eyes and experienced with my whole being the presence of the Holy Spirit. I have also been visited by Mother Mary on two occasions when I was interceding for two different people. I could see her, again, with spiritual eyes, I also saw a golden sparkly presence and something else happened when she was next to me. It was sublime. Both people were healed when she made herself present.

Keven

#3    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 04:17 AM

Sublime is a beautiful word.  Perfect peace.  Thank you for sharing.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 12,635 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 January 2012 - 05:11 AM

I was with a friend in Rome October of 2007 and we were exploring some of the many chapels around St Peter's Square.  She was truly taken away into a spirit as she visited one of the smaller chapels.  I walked out the door and within a few steps was standing near the tall pyramid marking Peter's place of martyrdom.  It was a warm day late in October and the sky was so blue it would take your breath away.  There was a timelessness in that place.  The buildings and statuary so ancient and the sky so immediate and ageless.  It is one of my best memories.  In that single day I felt at peace and wished it could go on forever.   And it will, forever in my memories.

Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#5    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,575 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:28 AM

I keep seeing many skeptics saying that God is an imaginary friend. Or that there is no evidence or empirical evidence for God or Jesus. And I'm wondering. Without sounding like a testimony. Without getting into it too much. Would people share if they have seen or experienced God or Jesus. I will try to add a poll. I will say that. Everyone telling you that yoWhen you see Jesus day after day sitting next to you in a light. u imagined it. Get's very hard to accept. If you have seen Jesus. You will know it's not just a visual experience. It is huge. It overwhelms you. You aren't not sure. It's not like thinking you saw a Ghost. And getting spooked. It is 100 percent.
In my dreams or at least what I thought God was like.

Its hard to accept that you meet a man who supposely lived 2 millennia ago, thats like saying I know what kind of person Plato was.

#6    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 10,527 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

Being in the presence of the light is a profound experience. There is no denying it. Especially when millions of others have experienced it.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#7    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,040 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:50 AM

I have met Father and Mother (God) and also conversed with Bro Jesus. Been sharing about them for years. Yes quite spectacular. Not worth trying to prove though. but sometimes I like to share the miracles and experience.

(Disclaimer)- It's understandable if one does not believe.

Love  :blush: mnaka

#8    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• 1,317 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

I have sensed the majesty of God the Father, and the love of Jesus Christ, through the power of the Holy Spirit.  This has happened countless times over the decade.  Song lyrics:

In the presence of Jehovah
God Almighty, Prince of Peaces
Troubles vanish, hearts are mended
In the presence of the King.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#9    spikeman25

spikeman25

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:06 PM

I haven't experienced anything.

#10    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,040 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:11 AM

spikeman25, on 26 January 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

I haven't experienced anything.
Thats OK. Keep trying, If you will.
Love Omnaka

#11    Mr Walker

Mr Walker

Forum Divinity

• 14,650 posts

• Sometimes the Phantom leaves the jungle, and walks the streets of the city like an ordinary man.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:03 AM

"God" is just an english word or lable we attach to an entity with certain characteristics. Having said that, then yes, most definitely, in many forms, avatars etc., for over 40 years. You know my story.  I wont repeat it again.  We all attribute something when we experience the reality of god, and you can see that in the individual accounts here, but across all human experinces ther are a number of common characteristics to such an experience.

In my experience, an encouter with god has several elements to it, just like an encouter with an elephant. There is the physical encouter where you see, smell, and might touch or be touched. You can see the wrinkles in the skin  and feel the breath on your face.

All this  can be shared, with other peope, ether with that elephant, or who have had a smilar experience with another elephant, in another time and place,
But then there is all  the internal; dialogue,understandings, thoughts, reflections, emotional responses  etc. and experiece; which is individual.

In the case of god it is also as if the elephant can talk to you, send you images, knowledge etc.  It is as if you can become the elephant, and see the world through its eyes, smell the earth through its nose, and feel as it feels.

ANd because god is very sapient and very knowedgeable, there is an extra dimension of power and knolwedge, including a transcendence of current time and space, one does not get from sharing ones consciousness with a elephant

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be, and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world..

Be cheerful.

Strive to be happy.

#12    Cassea

Cassea

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:46 PM

Wow Mr. Walker.  That brought a tear to my eye.  It is so true.

#13    ambelamba

ambelamba

Just an average guy who tries to be...NORMAL!!!!

• 3,286 posts

• It's good to be mildly skeptical to remain sane. But too much of it will make you a douche.

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:10 AM

At one point of my life I thought that I did. Guess what? It was all in my head. Since then I don't give a flying frak about such things.

They came with a Bible and their religion. stole our land, crushed our spirit, and now they tell us we should be thankful to the Lord for being saved.

-Chief Pontiac (1718-1769)

#14    Sevastiel

Sevastiel

Psychic Spy

• 1,064 posts

• "Know what is before you and what is hidden shall be revealed" - JC

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:44 AM

Jesus?  Yes, in a few rare and pivotal dreams.  As well as other spiritual/religious figures, some that I didn't even know had names/existed until after these images motivated me to investigate and study further, subsequently finding out that these figures were significant in other religions I'd never bothered or concerned myself with before (Shiva, Heva, Sariel, and others I've yet to place a name to).  Also right around the time when I began having minor prescient experiences.  But despite all my logical efforts to find suitable answers or evidence for why or how, I still have to just accept it as is.  Don't like that particularly, but it is what it is.  Just having the connection is ... reassuring.

Now is not the time.

#15    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 28 January 2012 - 02:50 AM

People experience what they want to experience... simple as that.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users