Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where is the center of the Universe ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,996 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:35 AM

Where is the center of the Universe ?
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 04:08s

Phil Plait answers the commonly asked question as to whether or not there is a center to the universe.

#2    the-Unexpected-Soul

the-Unexpected-Soul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:12 PM

The universe have a center but it's not steady , Rather it move from one place to another , because i have to go to the restaurant and bathroom some times

Posted Image

#3    FuRRyMaN

FuRRyMaN

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 09:07 PM

Woah is this guy god?! He just knows things!

#4    Goodnite

Goodnite

Outsider looking in.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

• Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:33 PM

Made perfect sense to me.... :alien:

The King of the Beasts

#5    stillwondering

stillwondering

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:00 PM

What i can't understand is this, when they pointed the Hubble at an area of sky and left it there for days they claimed the farthest object was at the end of the universe some 13 billion years away,now it may be 13 billion years from earth but if they don't know the centre of the universe how do they know the universe is 13 billion years old, the edge could be farther from the centre than from the earth,perhaps i missed something somewhere?, i would have thought that to know the size of the universe you need to know the distance from the centre to the edge.

#6    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,143 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:06 PM

Obviously, I am the center of the Universe. ;)

Oh, and 'great minds' do think alike; Saru and I both posted Dr. Plait's explanation. B)  I do concede, however, that Dr. Plait's mind is considerably 'greater' than my own...despite my being 'the center of the Universe'.  :lol:

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#7    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,038 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

View Poststillwondering, on 27 January 2012 - 07:00 PM, said:

What i can't understand is this, when they pointed the Hubble at an area of sky and left it there for days they claimed the farthest object was at the end of the universe some 13 billion years away,now it may be 13 billion years from earth but if they don't know the centre of the universe how do they know the universe is 13 billion years old, the edge could be farther from the centre than from the earth,perhaps i missed something somewhere?, i would have thought that to know the size of the universe you need to know the distance from the centre to the edge.
Because the oldest light had to travel 13 billion years

#8    Shadowman972

Shadowman972

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• Perception is 80% of Reality

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

This is a link to a theory about multiple universes existing outside our own. Which if true would mean there is an end to our universe and that would also mean that there would be a center somewhere, but we would have no way of calculating where that would be because our point of reference wouldn't allow for it (being that the scale is just oo big).

http://www.dailymail...discovered.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users