Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

The transsexual


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    SamDavies

SamDavies

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Joined:31 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. - Elie Wiesel

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:41 PM

The transsexual

Thomas Beatie. When I first saw the news heading the day he gave birth I turned to my friend, Rob and said something like this: ‘I bet he’s one of me. NOT a biological male. I’m so sick of misleading media. It only makes matters worse for people like myself. Beatie makes it worse for his own community’.

OK. Here’s the basics.

A transsexual is a person born with a body of one gender physically but is the opposite gender emotionally and psychologically. Transexualism is NOT a choice; it is NOT a lifestyle.

A ‘true’ transsexual is never confused to whether they are a girl or boy.

Beatie is a transman. I am a transman.

Transman (female to male; FTM; F2M) is someone born totally biologically female. XX chromosomes. When we hit puberty all the female bits kick in much to our absolute horror (It was intolerable enough before puberty!!); some of us suicide to end the pain. I nearly did on countless occasions.  I also self harmed.

Transwoman (male to female; MTF; M2F) is someone born totally biologically male. XY chromosomes.  When puberty kicks in, again, oh, s***!!

Chromosomes make someone male (XY)  or female (XX).

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender. Gay men are men and are very happy being men. Gay women are women and are very happy being women as that is what they are and the idea of being transformed into a male in biological appearance is abhorrent to them; and gay men feel the same way being very attached to their private parts.

The brain structure is what makes someone a man or a woman; not chromosomes. Autopsies on many, many transpeople confirm that transwomen have brain structure of females despite having XY chromosome; transmen have male brain structure despite having XX chromosomes. And hormone treatment has not resulted in this structure difference by the way. Therefore I am a female with a man’s mind, soul and psych.  I will always be female like all transman. But I have never been a girl or woman in mind or spirit. Not for one day or hour. NEVER!!

Tranwomen will always be male but not men. They are women.

50% of transsexed people die before that age of 30 (and that is only the ones we know of) through: suicide as we can’t take the pain anymore; accidental drug overdose as some become addicted to drugs and alcohol in an attempt to self medicate and kill the pain; some of us are murdered because we are found out, there are even people who deliberately hunt us down to kill us.

Some of us are gay or bisexual. This is when people get really confused about us. But like the average none transsexed community our community is also made up of some gays and bisexuals. There’s a higher prevalence of homosexuality with transwomen then transmen. It is very common for a transwoman who has not had gender reassignment to marry a woman then later unable to keep pretending she is a man undergoes reassignment. But she is still attracted to females. Yes, very confusing unless you are a transperson. Hey, even average society does not understand homosexuals; and most homosexuals I know are baffled by us or ironically loath us and deliberately distance themselves. I don’t get angry toward none transsexed who can’t get their head around the transsexed persons situation/s.

Back to Beatie. He’s not a male he is a man. He is not the first transman to have children, far from it. Many transmen decide to have kids before the reassignment, or like Beatie stopped his hormone treatment for a time in order to have kids. I chose not to have kids mostly out or concern for the child or children being ostracised by the community. Plus I believe children should be breast fed and there was no way that was going to happen with my repulsion to my body. Some none transsexed men want to experience childbirth (I’ve spoken to some. This particularly happens when a partner is  pregnant and they want to know what the woman is going through. How sweet, hey.) but that does not make them any less a man. So the desire to have a child and be prepared to undergo childbirth does not make us any less a man it makes us NORMAL.

A male has never given birth and until a medical miracle happens like uterus transplants they never will. But plenty of ‘men’ have. The original body does not define the man or the woman; the brain does. I am XX but will always be a man with XX chromosomes.

And a little side note. Some males have actually been found to have XX chromosomes though totally biologically male and psychologically complete men. Likewise some females have shown to be XY and are totally anatomically female and psychological women. Some things just can’t be explained.

Some transsexuals thought they were transsexual but when they had their chromosomes investigated were found to be intersexed (hermaphrodite).

We were once highly respected and accepted in American Indian society and known as two spirit today (http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Two-Spirit) and that of Indian and Chinese society and many other cultures until mainstream religion, mostly Christianity, deemed us an abomination. But we are slowly reclaiming our rightful place and respect in society.

Unfortunately to make things more confusing sometimes transsexuals refer to themselves as transgendered. As do some doctors and too much of the media. A transgendered person is actually an umbrella term that gays, transsexual and the intersexed and numerous other gender/sexual thingy whatever come under. So if someone says they are transgendered I ask them to be more specific...it matters.

http://en.wikipedia....ssexualism  for further reading.

Sam Davies
www.darwinlion.blogspot.com

#2    thedutchiedutch

thedutchiedutch

    Paranormal Investigator

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Joined:27 Dec 2010
  • Gender:Male

  • One good thing about music, when it hits you feel no pain.
    Bob Marley

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:09 PM

Interesting read. Thank you.

So do I have time for a last smoke and a pancake or what?

#3    shadowhive

shadowhive

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,968 posts
  • Joined:21 Nov 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Uk

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'm glad you posted this as this is something that people really need to get a better handle on.

I'll admit, when I first heard about transexuuals it sounded a little confusing to me. It was something I never encountered before, so it was rather natural to feel like that. Howver when I thought about it, and learned more, it made sense. It's just people don't seem to want to make the leap to understand, they have a mental block (sometimes reinforced by their religion) which is something that really needs combating.

I'm glad that I learned about transexuals fairly young (when I was coming to terms with my own sexuality) since I was able to shed the standard misconceptions early. (I think a lot of important knowledge and lessons about human sexuality are ignored by straight people simply because they don't have to go through any sort of journey to understand themselves.)

I think your comment about sexuality is an important one and something people overlook. I know two transexuals, both female to male (but not fully through the process) and both are gay (which has led to people saying 'why don't you just stay female' which is missing the point entirely).

It's rather disappointing that Christianity made transexuals abominations. It seems it's their standrd party line for anything they don't understand. Call it an bomination and then you don't have to deal with it or try to understand it.

I hope that people's knowledge and understnding will improve over time and that the 'it's an abomination' belief fades fully.

I really do think that us non-transexuals don't realise how lucky we are to be born in the right bodies.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#4    Yinarchy

Yinarchy

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 138 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Upstate NY

  • Matriarch of the Erie

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:36 PM

My heart goes out to the transgendered, but I was married to an autogenephilic, a transsexual man erotically obsessed with himself as a woman. I think that is about as selfish as you can get. He kept it secret until one morning he appeared to me as his other half: Karen. He'd picked the name, but I never saw him care about anything. Never changed a diaper, I know that. All Karen cared about was her make-up and cooking. I don't think that makes a real woman. She wanted to remain secret, but I felt that if she was really Karen, she'd BE Karen. She had me arrested for wanting to make love-- I didn't even know there was a law against it! I only wanted peace, not war, and war was all that Karen would have. She picked up a woman in a bar, came home and bragged to everyone, "Best sex I ever had."

Finally, she sold our house out from under the kids and I Put us on the street. My only advice is: Be who you really are. Anything else drives one crazy.


#5    keven3

keven3

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern California

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostSamDavies, on 28 January 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

...

Some transsexuals thought they were transsexual but when they had their chromosomes investigated were found to be intersexed (hermaphrodite).

We were once highly respected and accepted in American Indian society and known as two spirit today (http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Two-Spirit) and that of Indian and Chinese society and many other cultures until mainstream religion, mostly Christianity, deemed us an abomination. But we are slowly reclaiming our rightful place and respect in society.

Unfortunately to make things more confusing sometimes transsexuals refer to themselves as transgendered. As do some doctors and too much of the media. A transgendered person is actually an umbrella term that gays, transsexual and the intersexed and numerous other gender/sexual thingy whatever come under. So if someone says they are transgendered I ask them to be more specific...it matters.

http://en.wikipedia....ssexualism  for further reading.
SamDavies,

Although you have written intelligently and clearly, the information presented is a very skeletal outline with much, much more to fill in to the cracks. I realize you were just presenting the "basics" but you presented it as if it were the gospel truth.  It is not true that all transsexuals feel the way you presented, for example, 100 percent male or 100 percent female. There are thousands of variations on one's personal thoughts about their own gender, even if they go through with some form of gender reassignment. Your presentation leads to polarization of the topic.

I myself am a transsexual and have read numerous textbooks, medical and psychological journals, and regular books on the topic, have researched it at major scholarly libraries in the area, UCLA, USC and the like, and, though I started with an opinion such as yours as presented here in this forum, I soon found out that there are so many variations that it is mind boggling.

I would like to add, that not all or even most Christians are against transsexuals. I am Catholic and very religious and deeply spiritual. I have also researched this topic for many years. There has been a ruling in the Roman Catholic church that it is a sin, but not all churches support this view.

Moreover, people that are beaten and killed are killed because it threatens people's own conceptions about their own gender, not their beliefs about God.

People who kill themselves do so not always because of their religion's policies but because of ignorance and loneliness and hopelessness.

My entire family is either Christian or Christian Catholic and I never experienced the religious aspect oppressing me. It was always my internalized beliefs that led to my own near destruction. Those beliefs were gleaned from society at large and the media and from my own self esteem, not from any religious oppression.

Lastly, in the past 20 years, the word transgender has come to mean a whole lot of stuff, including transsexual. The terminology changes with the times.

Good luck to you in your personal journey and than you for your courageous post.

Keven


#6    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

    I am not an irrational number

  • Member
  • 5,577 posts
  • Joined:22 Mar 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ohio

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

Interesting thread. It's high time people educate themselves on this subject. Too much bigotry and hatred.

Edited by Imaginarynumber1, 28 January 2012 - 07:00 PM.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."


"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."


RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0


#7    SamDavies

SamDavies

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Joined:31 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. - Elie Wiesel

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

View PostYinarchy, on 28 January 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

My heart goes out to the transgendered, but I was married to an autogenephilic, a transsexual man erotically obsessed with himself as a woman. I think that is about as selfish as you can get. He kept it secret until one morning he appeared to me as his other half: Karen. He'd picked the name, but I never saw him care about anything. Never changed a diaper, I know that. All Karen cared about was her make-up and cooking. I don't think that makes a real woman. She wanted to remain secret, but I felt that if she was really Karen, she'd BE Karen. She had me arrested for wanting to make love-- I didn't even know there was a law against it! I only wanted peace, not war, and war was all that Karen would have. She picked up a woman in a bar, came home and bragged to everyone, "Best sex I ever had."

Finally, she sold our house out from under the kids and I Put us on the street. My only advice is: Be who you really are. Anything else drives one crazy.

I agree that your husband’s behavior is as selfish as it can get regardless of his situation. Very sad but glad you had the courage to shared with us. If you want to ever contact me don’t hesitate.

Cooking and make-up definitely do not make the woman. Someone insulted me once (actually several times) when a van I was driving broke down and I didn’t know why. That was his proof that I was a woman not a man. I brought it to his attention that he must be a woman then as he was the major cooker and washer in his house hold. But that was different apparently. Too many in society stereotype constantly and pick and choose for their own selfish self gain and comfort.

Also whenever I cried the Elders of my church said this was proof I was a woman. I brought to their attention that men cry but again this was different. It was irrelevant that I suffered debilitation PMT that sent me into rages and mind fog so bad I could not go shopping and the like as I’d generally spend ages trying to decide if I should buy that loaf of bread or whatever though we’d run out!!! And generally was in a suicidal mood without the benefit of PMT. Dumb thing was if I smiled and laughed this was further proof I was actually happy and only ‘wanted’ to be a man. When I was crying or suicidal they actually accused me of manipulating people into believing I was a man and to undermine the authority of the brothers of my church as I just didn’t like being in subjection to men. I was just a rebellious Jezebel apparently, lol, trying to pull the wool over the Elders’ eyes. They literally told me I was not going to fool them!!! It’s too often a case of one rule for the transsexed and one for everyone else.

One day the females of my church were trying on ties as an article had just been written about ties. Everyone thought this fun or funny despite cross dressing being a ‘sin’. I did not dare join in as I would have immediately been reprimanded. It was alright for one of the Elders to wear his wife’s fluffy slippers and she his bath robe. But again that was different as they were not feeding their ‘sinful’ lusts and perverted actions and desires. It was also different when some of the brothers dressed up as women in a play they performed in front of prisoners. They had a real fun time getting into the roles and obvious to everyone they were getting a lot of satisfaction. The roles to be the women highly contended for!! But again this was different. Once I wore male shoes and shirt with a blasted skirt and got accused of trying to get away with cross dressing and deliberately trying to annoy the Elders and undermine their authority. The fact that wearing the shoes and shirt was my way of taking some of the repulsion from my distress of having to wear a skirt that was always ankle length (my choice) to hide my legs (as I could not stand the sight of them and definitely didn’t want anyone else seeing) they saw as a lie.

Some years ago if a transman in a gender reassignment program was caught wearing pink or an earring he was taken out of the program!!! At least this was the way in Australia but not now. Many of us had to pretend to hate a lot of things we loved or we were denied treatment. Thus compounding the depression and fear. I always encourage transsexed people to pursue what makes them happy and be themselves. One transman lamented to me that he loved knitting but had stopped as he was fearful his maleness would be questioned. I told him I’d been forced to learn how to sew in school; knit and crochet willingly by my aunt as I knew my father could knit and sew as his Mum taught him; changed and cleaned cloth nappies as I was a single child up till 11 when my sister was born and my mother was a single mum who had been deserted by my future step father who has never had any contact with his daughter. And my blasted useless father refused to accept any responsibility in the costs of bring me up. This is when I did most of the cooking and a lot of house work; from 11-21yrs old. Then did even more when I started caring for my quadriplegic friend, Rob.

So when I had liberated myself from the bonds of my church in 2000 there was no way I was going to start walking, acting and talking like John Wayne and Clint Eastwood. As Clint would say: ‘I’m a man and I eat quiche’. It would have been a bit hard anyway with the caring responsibilities of a full time carer of Rob who was totally dependent on me and whose family had totally deserted him in 1994 when the ‘evil transsexual’ started caring for him.

To bow to societies stereotyping, and sometimes even to the sad stereotyping by other transsexed, would imprison me into another unacceptable situation!! Every child should be taught how to cook and sow and change tires and spark plugs. These are vital and valuable life skills and nothing to do with making a man a man or a woman a woman.

And the issue of the autogenephilic. I am not the only transsexual that is very upset and angered with the autogenephilic thing as this is NOT something that the majority of transsexuals manifest and has increased the murky waters of understanding when they were just starting to clear. Hardly any true transsexed go to such extremes in behavior. And I know a lot of transsexuals either personally or by reading about their personal journeys and they do not behave this way unless they have a mental or emotional problem/illness. And like any society the trans community has its share of sufferers with schizophrenia, bipolar, schizoid behaviour and split personality. I’ve also seen people misdiagnosed as transsexed.

There are many cases of men who live their entire lives as women in appearance and have even had the entire reassignment of hormones and surgeries but confess that they are men but like having a female’s body and living as women!!! Many of them are totally obsessed like how you describe your husband.

I’ve even heard of autogenephilics self diagnose themselves as transsexuals and then go and tell everyone that is what they are. And since most of the general public can not get their heads around even basic gender issues they take the autogenephiliacs claim as gospel and thus mislead many into thinking transsexuals are autogenphilics.

Then there’s the likes of Alan Finch and his mother who want all transsexuals banned from gender reassignment though he makes it pretty clear he is NOT a transsexual. Hey, Alan. You are a fake with several mental issues who confesses to have failed miserably the pre gender reassignment test on the first attempt so then and went and studied all you could about transsexuals so on the second test attempt you passed.

Finch confesses to deliberately setting out to fool the doctors!! And then has the audacity to sue. He was misdiagnosed and in the hands of some doctors who did not know what they were doing. I know as a couple of these useless ‘professionals’ involved would have in some way contributed to blocking my gender reassignment in order to protect a professor who falsified blood tests and said I didn’t have a tumor on my pituitary gland after all despite the evidence to say otherwise. I learnt pretty quickly, in a very, very, bad way how frequently the ‘gender’ doctors communicate with each other Australia wide!! Believe me there are too many professionals who say they know about transsexuals and how to treat us. They have their theories that generally prove to be wrong years later having cost the literal lives of many transsexuals. But because they are professionals with that all important piece of paper they are believed. I’ve read too much rubbish by professionals about the transsexual. We aren’t b***** theories but normal people in extraordinary situations all with very different personalities and life situations.

I had to do my gender reassignment independently, though legally, away from some of these blasted doctors and their gender reassignment teams who literally dictated my life!! These doctors are mostly very arrogant and proud. Some of the recent moves by them to prevent us getting help anywhere but through gender teams has been very worrisome but absolutely nothing can be done as they are very powerful. Fortunately their are a few who maintain their moral standard to care for their patients not control and dictate lives. Unfortunately I can’t mention publically those who have helped me as they will suffer the consequences.

I’ve written my story that is as long as two bibles to give some idea. I have to brush off the dust and re write the whole thing as I completed it about ten years ago and a lot has happened since then. Mum wants me to focus on the childhood part and get that published. I’ve great pictures to go with it also. It was the idea of a former GP of mine who said I should write down my thoughts some twenty years ago for therapy. When I showed him what I’d written he told me to turn it into a book to educate the doctors. Perhaps now is the time.

Sam Davies
www.darwinlion.blogspot.com

#8    keven3

keven3

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern California

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:42 PM

View PostYinarchy, on 28 January 2012 - 06:36 PM, said:

My heart goes out to the transgendered, but I was married to an autogenephilic, a transsexual man erotically obsessed with himself as a woman. I think that is about as selfish as you can get. He kept it secret until one morning he appeared to me as his other half: Karen. He'd picked the name, but I never saw him care about anything. Never changed a diaper, I know that. All Karen cared about was her make-up and cooking. I don't think that makes a real woman. She wanted to remain secret, but I felt that if she was really Karen, she'd BE Karen. She had me arrested for wanting to make love-- I didn't even know there was a law against it! I only wanted peace, not war, and war was all that Karen would have. She picked up a woman in a bar, came home and bragged to everyone, "Best sex I ever had."

Finally, she sold our house out from under the kids and I Put us on the street. My only advice is: Be who you really are. Anything else drives one crazy.
Wow, I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope you are doing ok now. I like your advice. It is true.

Keven


#9    Cassea

Cassea

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • Joined:20 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Female

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:07 PM

What religion are you?  There are no Elders in a church.  This is not what God and Jesus said.  I am angry you were mistreated.  I hope you find peace.  Please never think of suicide.  I know it is tempting. I've been tempted before as well. But we are here to live.  And so we do. I will pray for you.  I have prayed for you since I met you on here. Peace to you.

Understanding Traumatic Brain Injury communication issues.   http://www.asha.org/.../#comm_problems

#10    keven3

keven3

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Joined:09 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern California

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

View PostCassea, on 30 January 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

What religion are you?  There are no Elders in a church.  This is not what God and Jesus said.  I am angry you were mistreated.  I hope you find peace.  Please never think of suicide.  I know it is tempting. I've been tempted before as well. But we are here to live.  And so we do. I will pray for you.  I have prayed for you since I met you on here. Peace to you.
I'm glad you both are alive.

Keven


#11    SamDavies

SamDavies

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Joined:31 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. - Elie Wiesel

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:32 AM

View PostCassea, on 30 January 2012 - 07:07 PM, said:

What religion are you?  There are no Elders in a church.  This is not what God and Jesus said.  I am angry you were mistreated.  I hope you find peace.  Please never think of suicide.  I know it is tempting. I've been tempted before as well. But we are here to live.  And so we do. I will pray for you.  I have prayed for you since I met you on here. Peace to you.

I was a Jehovah’s Witness from 1988 till excommunicated in 2000 along with Rob one week later. We still practiced this faith till 2007. Until I found something on internet one day  :alien:  :alien:  :alien: that had us immediately drop the belief of that religion having anything whatsoever to do with God :blink:  :no: .

JW have Elders. The members call each other Brother or Sister. But generally they just call each other by first name. Brother Sister is handy when someone’s name has been forgotten or greeting visitors. As the Bible states not to address anyone by the title Father or any other high sounding titles this is adhered to. Elders are not addressed as elders just recognized as being such. Elders oversee the running of the congregation and the signing of legal papers and some are called travelling Overseers as they are assigned the responsibility to travel from congregation to congregation to check their ‘health’. The head Elder in Brooklyn has the position of ‘President’ of the Organisation only to make papers legal as required by laws of the country.

If a fully reassigned transsexual discovers the JW and wishes to join they are not permitted unless they reverse their reassignment :cry: . Or if a transsexual is found out to be transsexed after they become a JW they are disfellowshipped if they do not reverse their reassignment :cry: . And like myself if a trans has had no treatment before joining the JW any such treatment is forbidden :cry: .

A lot has changed within the JW from the time I first joined. It is purely a very bad cult now :devil: . It can not be called anything else. If I had known in 1988 two things about the Organisation I would have not gone near it. One: in some countries it is a conscious matter if someone votes. I only found that out shortly before being disfellowshipped. The main reason I joined in the first place was their apparent political neutrality!! Two: there are over 90,000 active JWs in the files of Brooklyn who are pedophiles!! I didn’t know this till a scandal broke out and was world news sometime after I was excommunicated. Go to My link if anyone interested in this horror story :cry:  :cry: . Ironically the silent lambs site don’t want anything to do with me when I contacted them as they did not reply to my email. Such is the life of a trans at times. I would have immediately dropped our ‘faith’ on hearing about the peds but didn’t as I thought the JW church was part of the prophacy stating that the elders would become corrupt and do many terrible things. So we just hung in there leaving it to God. I should start a thread re the JW and what they practice. I am not interested in hurting my former fellow brothers and sisters  :wub: as most of them were supportive of Rob and me. It is those in Brooklyn who have changed the laws and gone far beyond what is written in the bible :devil: .

Today I am not affiliated with any religion as no religion represents the Ultimate Creator, IMO. A relationship with God is from within :wub:  and personal :wub:  not from without. I have learnt volumes about different churches and their practices :blink:  to know a lot better.

Suicide is a daily battle to fight. My body is slowly degenerating due to the pituitary tumor so now I am in constant pain and growing weaker by the month. The tumor prevents testosterone working on my soft tissue so my muscles are wasting away and my voice remains female. Such a cruel irony. I fought like hell for my reassignment and was becoming a known advocate for transsexuals only to find I am one of the rare cases that will not respond to testosterone (T). Sure I have a wonderful beard and my bone structure changed slightly but that now only leaves me looking like a bearded lady :blush: . What can I do but laugh. I will never be or say I am anything but a man no matter what the cost or treatment toward me. I've never lied and I never will. I keep my beard as without it I can’t stand looking in the mirror and more people refer to me as a female. I hate talking on the telephone as people think me female and I sound nearly identical to  my mother :blush: . Oh, well, it has resulted in some very interesting conversations regarding transsexuals. Let’s make lemonade out of lemons, hey :w00t: . Thing is I am running short on the sugar :hmm: . I am trying so hard to hang in there. I find UM very helpful as I can engage in many topics and meet some fantastic people which helps to focus my attentions on other things than my pains and also be encouraged and to encourage others.

It is estimated 1 out of 5 people in the general public have a pituitary tumor!! This would explain probable many mysterious sicknesses people have but the doctors have not been able to find the cause as rarely do people have MRI’s on their brains. But having said that I had a CT in 1991 that showed I had a tumor then that bloody professor falsified blood tests and all of a sudden it was decided even through MRI I didn’t have a tumor though one out of three doctors said I did. Majority ruled so does corruption. And now I’ve irreversible physical damage that could have been slowed and some of the damaged prevented altogether.

Thank you for your prayers. Like wise my warm and possitive thoughts go to you.

Sam Davies
www.darwinlion.blogspot.com

#12    SamDavies

SamDavies

    Extraterrestrial Entity

  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Joined:31 Jul 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

  • Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. - Elie Wiesel

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:36 AM

View Postkeven3, on 30 January 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

I'm glad you both are alive.

Keven

Thanks, Keven. One day I will be glad about it all too,  :rofl:  :tu: .

Sam Davies
www.darwinlion.blogspot.com

#13    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 4,163 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2006

  • "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

    "Record

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:38 PM

I learned a new term today: hypospadias.

Interesting read. :tu:


#14    JGirl

JGirl

    Pajama Goddess

  • Member
  • 9,016 posts
  • Joined:23 Sep 2010
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:British Columbia Canada

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

View PostSamDavies, on 28 January 2012 - 04:41 PM, said:

The transsexual

Thomas Beatie. When I first saw the news heading the day he gave birth I turned to my friend, Rob and said something like this: ‘I bet he’s one of me. NOT a biological male. I’m so sick of misleading media. It only makes matters worse for people like myself. Beatie makes it worse for his own community’.

OK. Here’s the basics.

A transsexual is a person born with a body of one gender physically but is the opposite gender emotionally and psychologically. Transexualism is NOT a choice; it is NOT a lifestyle.

A ‘true’ transsexual is never confused to whether they are a girl or boy.

Beatie is a transman. I am a transman.

Transman (female to male; FTM; F2M) is someone born totally biologically female. XX chromosomes. When we hit puberty all the female bits kick in much to our absolute horror (It was intolerable enough before puberty!!); some of us suicide to end the pain. I nearly did on countless occasions.  I also self harmed.

Transwoman (male to female; MTF; M2F) is someone born totally biologically male. XY chromosomes.  When puberty kicks in, again, oh, s***!!

Chromosomes make someone male (XY)  or female (XX).

Sexual orientation has nothing to do with gender. Gay men are men and are very happy being men. Gay women are women and are very happy being women as that is what they are and the idea of being transformed into a male in biological appearance is abhorrent to them; and gay men feel the same way being very attached to their private parts.

The brain structure is what makes someone a man or a woman; not chromosomes. Autopsies on many, many transpeople confirm that transwomen have brain structure of females despite having XY chromosome; transmen have male brain structure despite having XX chromosomes. And hormone treatment has not resulted in this structure difference by the way. Therefore I am a female with a man’s mind, soul and psych.  I will always be female like all transman. But I have never been a girl or woman in mind or spirit. Not for one day or hour. NEVER!!

Tranwomen will always be male but not men. They are women.

50% of transsexed people die before that age of 30 (and that is only the ones we know of) through: suicide as we can’t take the pain anymore; accidental drug overdose as some become addicted to drugs and alcohol in an attempt to self medicate and kill the pain; some of us are murdered because we are found out, there are even people who deliberately hunt us down to kill us.

Some of us are gay or bisexual. This is when people get really confused about us. But like the average none transsexed community our community is also made up of some gays and bisexuals. There’s a higher prevalence of homosexuality with transwomen then transmen. It is very common for a transwoman who has not had gender reassignment to marry a woman then later unable to keep pretending she is a man undergoes reassignment. But she is still attracted to females. Yes, very confusing unless you are a transperson. Hey, even average society does not understand homosexuals; and most homosexuals I know are baffled by us or ironically loath us and deliberately distance themselves. I don’t get angry toward none transsexed who can’t get their head around the transsexed persons situation/s.

Back to Beatie. He’s not a male he is a man. He is not the first transman to have children, far from it. Many transmen decide to have kids before the reassignment, or like Beatie stopped his hormone treatment for a time in order to have kids. I chose not to have kids mostly out or concern for the child or children being ostracised by the community. Plus I believe children should be breast fed and there was no way that was going to happen with my repulsion to my body. Some none transsexed men want to experience childbirth (I’ve spoken to some. This particularly happens when a partner is  pregnant and they want to know what the woman is going through. How sweet, hey.) but that does not make them any less a man. So the desire to have a child and be prepared to undergo childbirth does not make us any less a man it makes us NORMAL.

A male has never given birth and until a medical miracle happens like uterus transplants they never will. But plenty of ‘men’ have. The original body does not define the man or the woman; the brain does. I am XX but will always be a man with XX chromosomes.

And a little side note. Some males have actually been found to have XX chromosomes though totally biologically male and psychologically complete men. Likewise some females have shown to be XY and are totally anatomically female and psychological women. Some things just can’t be explained.

Some transsexuals thought they were transsexual but when they had their chromosomes investigated were found to be intersexed (hermaphrodite).

We were once highly respected and accepted in American Indian society and known as two spirit today (http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Two-Spirit) and that of Indian and Chinese society and many other cultures until mainstream religion, mostly Christianity, deemed us an abomination. But we are slowly reclaiming our rightful place and respect in society.

Unfortunately to make things more confusing sometimes transsexuals refer to themselves as transgendered. As do some doctors and too much of the media. A transgendered person is actually an umbrella term that gays, transsexual and the intersexed and numerous other gender/sexual thingy whatever come under. So if someone says they are transgendered I ask them to be more specific...it matters.

http://en.wikipedia....ssexualism  for further reading.
excellent post - thank you so much for the information samdavies!


#15    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 12,135 posts
  • Joined:12 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:California

  • Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

    Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

View PostImaginarynumber1, on 28 January 2012 - 06:59 PM, said:

Interesting thread. It's high time people educate themselves on this subject. Too much bigotry and hatred.
Yes just the other night, i had to explain to my highly educated wife why "transponders" are not gay. She is very sympathetic, but she did not understand at first. I think the start is acceptance. When someone says they are a boy or girl they are telling the truth reguardless of their biology.  To me it's a simple matter of respect.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users