Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What if there were another advanced species?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,209 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:35 AM

View PostSuper Mustache 5000, on 01 February 2012 - 01:39 AM, said:

Simple. One would destroy the other.

Not sure about that after all (white) people havn`t wiped out blacks or vise versa (just an example). I know we are all one race but it was not always looked at or accepted as that.   I`m sure there would be major conflicts if we had the history but with intelligience comes understanding.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#32    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Pirate

• 5,145 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

I think we could co exist up to a certain point. As two populations grow the competition for land and resources increases, this would lead to conflict as one 'advanced species' is going to use more, breed more quickly, be less tolerant than the other. These differences would then be magnified and used as an excuse to conquer.

I believe the competition would also be an advantage to both species. If we were competing against another 'advanced species' we would be visiting the moon more often, exploring more of the oceans and making other advancements to ensure our own success.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#33    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Pirate

• 5,145 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 01 February 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

Not sure about that after all (white) people havn`t wiped out blacks or vise versa (just an example). I know we are all one race but it was not always looked at or accepted as that.   I`m sure there would be major conflicts if we had the history but with intelligience comes understanding.

I think sex comes into play with this situation. Tolerance and understanding might not be so easy to apply to a species you can't get a bit on nookie from.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#34    Logical Thought

Logical Thought

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 01 February 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

I think sex comes into play with this situation. Tolerance and understanding might not be so easy to apply to a species you can't get a bit on nookie from.

:lol: I agree, because trying to get romantic with something like this... Attached File  Predators-movie-image-210.jpg   24.63K   1 downloads  wouldn't work out so well.

#35    Super Mustache 5000

Super Mustache 5000

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:42 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 01 February 2012 - 03:35 AM, said:

Man vs. other man is always at war.

Man vs. any other animal on Earth = animal going extinct

Man may fight one another, but its our attitude that we are superior and above all else that makes me think we would be destroyed or destroy another advanced species.

#36    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,796 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

View Posttrancelikestate, on 30 January 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

I think there would be much racism. Humans havn't even learned to get along with eachother, nevermind another species
At least...and probably outright war and decimation of one or the other.  We don't have a good record of playing well with others. :angry:

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#37    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:15 PM

So, co-existence would likely depend upon whether the relationship is fundamentally complementary or competitive given a range of lifestyle scenarios.

This is right. Human beings get along very well regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, etc. etc. unless there is a competition for resources.

#38    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,209 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:21 AM

View PostSuper Mustache 5000, on 01 February 2012 - 10:42 PM, said:

Man vs. other man is always at war.

Man vs. any other animal on Earth = animal going extinct

Man may fight one another, but its our attitude that we are superior and above all else that makes me think we would be destroyed or destroy another advanced species.

Animal going extinct  vs man or any other intelligent being natural to this planet no.  If we evolved and advanced together both species being equal as one could not really advance further then the other, cohabitation would be the only option. Who know`s one species might like to eat nothing but fruits and veggies while we humans eat both.  There really is no way to say.  Pretty much goes back to the sex thing. We out breed the compitition.

#39    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,560 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:31 AM

View Postspud the mackem, on 30 January 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

I agree with TRANCELIKESTATE's comments,Humans do not like each other,never mind another species,and therefore if we had another Species "equal" to us,I think there would be nothing but conflict until the issue was resolved,and if Humans lost then any survivors would use guerilla tactics to annoy the other guys,win lose or draw Humans would not give up as history indicates.If another superior species does eventually arrive,it will be chaos,because we are not subserviant.If we ever did go somewhere else we would want to be Top Dog.Only Winners get their names on Cups and Plaques.

That scenario does not seem to stand in line with the 4% residual DNA as mentioned by SMK?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#40    Rob Awesome

Rob Awesome

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• If we don't have an apocolypse soon I'll have to find work

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:45 AM

Doesn't anyone remember the TV series Sliders?  The Cro-Mags would enslave us!

The "mean to"s make an unhappy one

#41    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,209 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostRob Awesome, on 04 February 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

Doesn't anyone remember the TV series Sliders?  The Cro-Mags would enslave us!

That would kinda suck, tell me the women shave  :unsure2:

#42    Rob Awesome

Rob Awesome

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• If we don't have an apocolypse soon I'll have to find work

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:56 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 04 February 2012 - 06:39 AM, said:

That would kinda suck, tell me the women shave  :unsure2:
:lol: , this is the best pic I could find of them: "Kromaggs"

I think the women look the same. They wiped that show out of existence, they could do the same to us!

The "mean to"s make an unhappy one

#43    cljohnston108

cljohnston108

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

• "The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it's stranger than we CAN imagine."
    --JBS Haldane, biochemist.

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Robert J. Sawyer's "Neanderthal Parallax" trilogy of novels...

Hominids [2002]

Humans [2003]

Hybrids [2004]

Pretty awesome, and it kinda makes you wonder if Evolution made the right choice with us.

#44    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,764 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:02 PM

View PostJunior Chubb, on 01 February 2012 - 10:19 AM, said:

There is a possibility of homo erectus and Neanderthal possibly interbreeding.

#45    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,560 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:26 AM

View Postcljohnston108, on 20 February 2012 - 12:22 PM, said:

Can't believe nobody's mentioned Robert J. Sawyer's "Neanderthal Parallax" trilogy of novels...

Hominids [2002]

Humans [2003]

Hybrids [2004]

Pretty awesome, and it kinda makes you wonder if Evolution made the right choice with us.

I have not heard of it before, it sounds interesting, thanks for mentioning it.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users