Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Raw oLd Hag

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,644 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Welcome to the boards sz. You are in the right place. There are folks here like seeker that can help you through it, and teach you ways to free your self from sleep paralysis.

Edited by preacherman76, 11 February 2013 - 01:40 PM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#32    preacherman76

preacherman76

Ntwadumela- He who greets with fire

• 12,644 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

Hey seeker. I tryed a few times yesterday and last night. Was hoping for some beginers luck. Its was a total failure. Im having trouble consentrating, or focusing on the darkness behind my eye lids. Guess its gonna take some time.

Edited by preacherman76, 11 February 2013 - 01:44 PM.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#33    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 11 February 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

Phenomenologically: I am a 54-year-old male in good health and have experienced a similar state as described since my late teens. Episodes occur about 4 times per year and are almost identical. I sense I am emerging from sleep, but can't fully awaken; I attempt to move, but I experience absolute paralysis with no pain--only panic. There is no sensation of pressure on my chest (or anywhere else); only the inability to breathe. I can't speak, and feel as if I am trying to force air--and a scream--from non-functioning (or non-existent) lungs. Eventually (minutes? seconds?) I force a gasp or moan, awakening into a state of confusion, panic and terror. Although there is no pain, there is a residual sense of pressure or dullness (!) at the base of my skull that lasts for a few minutes. Various M.D.s have diagnosed this as "sleep terrors," "night terrors" or "psychogenic fugue." To me, without exaggeration, it feels as if I am about to die or to be dragged into another dimension, although I've never knowingly experienced either of those. Bottom line: Damned frightening!
it drives me nuts that there are still doctors that dont get it yet. you are suffering from sleep paralysis. next time it happens roll your eyes into your head. Your eyes are not paralyzed by rem, and the concious control will break your paralysis .

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users