Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Radiation blamed for Russian probe failure

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,841 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:33 PM

Russian space officials have claimed that cosmic radiation was to blame for the demise of Phobos-Grunt.

Associated Press said:

Space radiation led the onboard computer system to experience memory problems after launch, the Roscosmos chief said. Staff at the rocket-building plant would be punished, he said, adding that "they should have taken into consideration the effect of outer space".

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

Aqualish Dude

• 5,811 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

Quote - "Carrying out such a large-scale, lengthy job, they should have taken into consideration the effect of outer space on the equipment of an interplanetary station."   -  Schoolboy error?

Quote - "This is imported equipment and of course this is probably a reason,"  -  Lol

Sounds like excuses for a failed school project (are we really supposed to believe this?), good luck building a manned base on the moon comrades.

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 17,783 posts

• I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:53 AM

They forgot to shield against cosmic radiation?  What kind of nonsense is that?
I really thought they had it together better than this.  I fear for the safety of our astronauts riding with them.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users