Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 2 votes

Which theory may explain ghosts?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,855 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

View Postwittyusernamefailed, on 24 February 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

As I have stated before, I am leaning towards the "wrinkle in time" theory. In that we are experiencing a sort of wormholelike effect. In which depending on the severity we can either just sense the happenings on the otherside of the "hole" ( on the weaker spectrum) or actually interact with them ( in the more severe cases).
I wouldnt call that a theory.  Its more along the lines of a completely baseless notion.

#17    gnostic-deity

gnostic-deity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 438 posts

• We are each of us angels with only one wing, and we can only fly by embracing one another. -Luciano de Crescenzo

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:40 AM

As I have stated before, I am leaning towards the "wrinkle in time" theory. In that we are experiencing a sort of wormholelike effect. In which depending on the severity we can either just sense the happenings on the otherside of the "hole" ( on the weaker spectrum) or actually interact with them ( in the more severe cases).
i like that. makes sense to me i guess...

other wise i think its all energy. why we can see that energy sometimes, i dunno. maybe it has to do with our energies connecting with each other...?

oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

#18    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:45 AM

Hya
Ive got a completely baseless notion :)

How bout this
Ghosts are simply memories from a previous lifetime.
People who see the same ghost at different times are simply remembering that person who could have known them in a previous lifetime.

Well, thats it,
What do you reckon ??

(please note, just a notion i have. I cannot prove it, nor shall i argue about it, or defend it)

nyuk.       ;)

#19    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,486 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:20 PM

There are only one thing, in my oppinion, that explains the ghost phenomenon..... human imagination.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#20    Volatile32

Volatile32

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

First of all, I am a skeptic, but I have seen things that I can't explain. These questions brought me to this forum. I personally believe that once a person dies they go to Heaven or Hell. I guess it is my Baptist upbringing but it is what I believe. As to the OP's question, I believe that demons are all around us. They take the forms of people to give doubt and create chaos in the human world. I also believe that there are angels among people and that many sightings of "ghost" may actually be angels or demons. The truth is that we do not know what an actual angel or demon looks like. We would like to believe that angels are beautiful creatures, but we do not know. How do we not know that the Mothman may actually be an angel of death? I once heard a pastor say that the greatest power Satan has is doubt. If a demon manifest itself in the human realm as a loved one that has passed, would this reaffirm your faith or create doubt in your faith?

I am sorry if this went a bit off topic, also, please don't think I am some Bible thumping fundie. This is just my personal views on what we see as ghost. Thanks.

#21    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,449 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:33 PM

View PostLei Ren, on 17 March 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

First of all, I am a skeptic, but I have seen things that I can't explain. These questions brought me to this forum. I personally believe that once a person dies they go to Heaven or Hell. I guess it is my Baptist upbringing but it is what I believe. As to the OP's question, I believe that demons are all around us. They take the forms of people to give doubt and create chaos in the human world. I also believe that there are angels among people and that many sightings of "ghost" may actually be angels or demons. The truth is that we do not know what an actual angel or demon looks like. We would like to believe that angels are beautiful creatures, but we do not know. How do we not know that the Mothman may actually be an angel of death? I once heard a pastor say that the greatest power Satan has is doubt. If a demon manifest itself in the human realm as a loved one that has passed, would this reaffirm your faith or create doubt in your faith?

I am sorry if this went a bit off topic, also, please don't think I am some Bible thumping fundie. This is just my personal views on what we see as ghost. Thanks.

You just described 90% of the population :)

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#22    Volatile32

Volatile32

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

View PostSakari, on 17 March 2012 - 06:33 PM, said:

You just described 90% of the population :)

LOL, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

#23    Socio

Socio

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:57 PM

One I explantation I heard a while back was alternate time lines or realities bumping into or brushing against each other momentarily.

#24    Socio

Socio

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:04 PM

That could possibly explain intelligent voice responses many get when trying to record them answering questions, manipulating objects like flashlights etc...

#25    The Paranormal Skeptic

The Paranormal Skeptic

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:26 PM

Man I missed this place, but to answer the question - None.  There is no theory that exists that prove or explain ghosts.

The only thing worse than a cynic are the close minded believers.

Pork Rhine

Strange Frequencies Radio

#26    LycanQueen

LycanQueen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

View PostEternus, on 24 February 2012 - 07:07 AM, said:

i read in a book that ghosts are souls that are in a dream state like when your dreaming you are flying and during the dream it does not feel weird or strange , it feels normal , and when those who can speak with ghosts talk to them they can awake from this state and move on
yeah thats true i heard that

#27    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:29 AM

View Postnyuk, on 26 February 2012 - 05:45 AM, said:

Hya
Ive got a completely baseless notion :)

How bout this
Ghosts are simply memories from a previous lifetime.
People who see the same ghost at different times are simply remembering that person who could have known them in a previous lifetime.

Well, thats it,
What do you reckon ??

(please note, just a notion i have. I cannot prove it, nor shall i argue about it, or defend it)

nyuk.       ;)

Well that has got to be the dumbes...

Just kidding, that's an exciting idea. Problem comes with the accounts of multiple people seeing something at the same time, and different people seeing the same thing in the same place at different times. But then there's always the mass hysteria effect. Someone mentions something, and other people can kind of will it into happening for them, whether it actually really is or not.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#28    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostLei Ren, on 17 March 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

Not Bible thumping at all. Just disheartening to me to see so many people base their beliefs and views on different things they might experience in life, from the religion they were taught.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#29    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:11 AM

I dont think ghosts can be spirits. They must be some other form of energy. The reason being, if they were merely spirit they would all be naked. Clothing does not have a spirit. neither do any of the inanimate objects people allegedly see such as stagecoaches etc. which sometimes accompany the ghost. :)

#30    Shannon B.

Shannon B.

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:56 AM

View PostBlueogre2, on 21 February 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

Well, my two cents are that ghosts are human spirits that due to various conditions being appropriate are able to manifest in the physical world for brief periods of time. Now that being said, what most people experience are not ghosts at all but non human spirits of a not so nice disposition. As for what allows either type of spirit to be able to affect reality, I can only surmise that they use some type of unknown energy, but of course all this is making the assumption that spirits exist in any objective sense of the word.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users