Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Buzz Aldrin talks about UFO sighting

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,996 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 08 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Buzz Aldrin talks about UFO sighting
Posted Image
Click here to watch video - 06:57s

Buzz Aldrin on whether the Apollo 11 crew saw a UFO on its historic trip to the moon in 1969.

#2    chainsawcam

chainsawcam

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

The only UFO he saw was in the Arizona desert.
Fair do though - he has stuck to the party line the whole way.

#3    Guruman

Guruman

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

This guy defenetly works with the government, your typical "swarn to secrecy nasa government guy".  I hate people like this, until we have a UFO land in the white house lawn, we will never learn the truth.

#4    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 13,637 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:11 AM

There's a documentary called THE WONDER OF IT ALL that has Buzz and six other moon walkers talking about their bio's, selection and training for missions and the experience of walking on the moon...IT IS AWESOME
http://thewonderofit....com/astro.html

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#5    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

View PostGuruman, on 12 February 2012 - 08:11 PM, said:

This guy defenetly works with the government, your typical "swarn to secrecy nasa government guy".  I hate people like this, until we have a UFO land in the white house lawn, we will never learn the truth.

What on earth are you talking about. If it was not for Buzz and his colleagues, we would not even know about the sighting at all!

I can see why he punched Bart Sibrel. I hope he knocked an ounce of sense into him.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#6    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,095 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:25 AM

This has been discussed extensively in the UFO section. I believe it is an interesting conundrum. In the debriefing back on earth, Astronaut Collins suggested that the object was more likely a piece of mylar from the CSM, and I do believe he has the best solution. Definitely worth checking out the thread for anyone interested in these minor happenings of a much greater mission.
One interesting twist in this version is that Buzz in this instance describes the object as at some distance, yet in other instances he describes the object as close enough to make out.

Buzz Aldrin: "There was something out there that, uh, was close enough to be observed and what could it be? Mike (Collins) decided he thought he could see it in the telescope and he was able to do that and when it was in one position, that had a series of ellipses, but when you made it real sharp it was sort of L shaped. That didn't tell us very much."

It is a UFO, but a man made UFO.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#7    julieday

julieday

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:47 AM

I hate people like this, until we have a UFO land in the white house lawn, we will never learn the truth. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users