Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

What's Bill Gates up to?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
396 replies to this topic

#16    NemoMysterio

NemoMysterio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

• And that's the bottom line...

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:00 PM

I don't give a toss.

I read the article and my contribution to the discussion is why would a man who already has everything want to aid in world domination?  

It's madness.

#17    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:02 PM

Gates wants to help people avoid diseases...what a horrible horrible person.

Yeah, that writer is either paranoid, or missed the mark in trying to write an over-the-top comedy piece about Gates giving away money...I would lean towards paranoid.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#18    oly

oly

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostNemoMysterio, on 08 February 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

I don't give a toss.
I read the article and my contribution to the discussion is why would a man who already has everything want to aid in world domination?  
It's madness.
here's the author's answer in case you missed it:

"When you don't need money, influence and power are the name of the game. And the game is world domination by these same elites. And you're watching the current popularized front runners of the agenda mind swill we're expected to swallow."

#19    oly

oly

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:06 PM

View PostFluffybunny, on 08 February 2012 - 11:02 PM, said:

Gates wants to help people avoid diseases...what a horrible horrible person.

Yeah, that writer is either paranoid, or missed the mark in trying to write an over-the-top comedy piece about Gates giving away money...I would lean towards paranoid.
So are there any of his chosen causes mentioned in the article that you dispute?

#20    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,048 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:07 PM

View Postoly, on 08 February 2012 - 10:49 PM, said:

Oh dear. Do you realise what you're doing? You're associating conspiracy theories with violence. I am very saddened you are doing this. I read (today maybe) something about labelling "conspiracy theorists" as "domestic terrorists". This shows the low levels that some people go to, to try & eliminate dissent. You're a disgrace.
For someone who demonizes others, it almost sounds like you're about to cry just because I associated paranoid delusion with violence.
Go have a cry, you pathetic little man.

#21    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostDBunker, on 08 February 2012 - 08:37 PM, said:

What I find more interesting is how credulous and conspiracy minded some people are.  :wacko:

What ever happened to science, logic and helthy skepticism.

I agree, DB. I wonder if it might have anything to do with concentrating on this wacky (larger than life) stuff so that they dont have to worry about the real fears and problems life has to offer.

As for science and logic,... Its still around, not just everywhere.  :)

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#22    NemoMysterio

NemoMysterio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

All I'm saying is that if I had that much  money I would buy stuff, meet women, see the world and maybe even space. There's plenty to keep me occupied until my death with that much cash. I certainly wouldn't be a total d*** **** and try to take over the world. Because there would be no point.

#23    oly

oly

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 08 February 2012 - 11:07 PM, said:

For someone who demonizes others, it almost sounds like you're about to cry just because I associated paranoid delusion with violence.
Go have a cry, you pathetic little man.
Now now, keep your knickers on dear.
I'm not demonising him, I'm asking what he's up to funding so many controversial projects. Is that paranoid or deluded? Or is the author paranoid or deluded? Either way, it's your opinion.
As for violence, are you confusing "paranoid & deluded", with "paranoid schizophrenic"?

#24    oly

oly

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

View PostNemoMysterio, on 08 February 2012 - 11:14 PM, said:

All I'm saying is that if I had that much  money I would buy stuff, meet women, see the world and maybe even space. There's plenty to keep me occupied until my death with that much cash. I certainly wouldn't be a total d*** **** and try to take over the world. Because there would be no point.
So do you think he genuinely thinks hes doing good funding all these controversial projects?

#25    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:29 PM

View Postoly, on 08 February 2012 - 11:23 PM, said:

So do you think he genuinely thinks hes doing good funding all these controversial projects?

Comooon, there has to be other, better, more exciting conspiracy theories out there!? Bill Gates taking over the world, I mean what the Hell!!  :lol:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#26    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,048 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:34 PM

View Postoly, on 08 February 2012 - 11:17 PM, said:

I'm not demonising him, I'm asking what he's up to funding so many controversial projects. Is that paranoid or deluded? Or is the author paranoid or deluded? Either way, it's your opinion.
As for violence, are you confusing "paranoid & deluded", with "paranoid schizophrenic"?
Who said you were demonizing him?

Do you of all people really need to play stupid? You didn't just ask what he was up to, are you confusing yourself?

#27    oly

oly

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:39 PM

View PostHazzard, on 08 February 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Comooon, there has to be other, better, more exciting conspiracy theories out there!? Bill Gates taking over the world, I mean what the Hell!!  :lol:
He's not exactly lex luthor..
If he's pushing some world domination agenda, I'd see his role more as baldrick.

#28    NemoMysterio

NemoMysterio

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:41 PM

Baldrick from Blackadder? Does he have a cunning plan? Will it involve a giant Turnip?

#29    oly

oly

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:45 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 08 February 2012 - 11:34 PM, said:

Who said you were demonizing him?
Do you of all people really need to play stupid? You didn't just ask what he was up to, are you confusing yourself?
Eh?
You said I demonise others. Didn't you mean him? Who?
The thread title is "what's bill gates up to?".
are you serious?

#30    oly

oly

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostNemoMysterio, on 08 February 2012 - 11:41 PM, said:

Baldrick from Blackadder? Does he have a cunning plan? Will it involve a giant Turnip?
If it does, you don't want to know about it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users