Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

RON PAUL Winning the Battle For Delegates!

• Please log in to reply
480 replies to this topic

#91    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,630 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:33 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 27 February 2012 - 09:51 PM, said:

Answer the above question Preacherman. How is Liberty advanced by taking away representation? How is it democracy if the masses are ignored due in favor of the remote minority candidate?
It isnt. We dont live in a democracy. We are just told we do. There is nothing but corruption from top to bottom. The only reason the public vote wasnt ignored in the recent past, is cause the media dictated who would win through brain washing. Its cause of things like this is why I say we need a guy like RP more then ever. This is how the system is set up. Its is legal, and according to them ethical. Again, the player isnt the problem. Hate the game.

It is Sour Apples if RP is winning a state, but if Romney wins a state like Maine, it is Fraud?
Its fraud when 1/3rd of the counties are intentionaly left out. Yes, that is absolutly fraud by the strictest definition.

How accurate are evening before straw polls? Not very, is the answer.

They seem to be pretty accruate in any election Ron Paul ISNT in.

I'm not a RP hater, I'll vote for him if he gets the nomination. I just do not agree with what is being said about how he is supposedly "Locked in" on delegates. When who the delegates (most of them anyway) vote for is TOLD to them, not at their own descression, by their State Party leaders. I think saying that he has such and such delegates is deceptive, as they are not locked in yet. I suppose we'll just have to see what happens at the convention. I suppose if those RP delegates don't vote RP that will be Fraud also???

Not all delegates are bound to vote a certain way. It depends on the state. Again, hate the game.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#92    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,326 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

In what democracy is it OK for someone with a minority of popular votes to get the majority of electoral votes?

The United States of America.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#93    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 13,229 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:31 PM

View PostBama13, on 28 February 2012 - 08:19 PM, said:

In what democracy is it OK for someone with a minority of popular votes to get the majority of electoral votes?

The United States of America.
Are you Bama13 from History dot com?

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#94    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,386 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

Looks like only New Hampshire, Nevada, Florida and South Carolina have set their delegates in "Stone". Hard assigned.

New Hampshire
7 Romney
3 Paul
2 Huntsman

Nevada
14 Romney
6 Gingrich
5 Paul
3 Santorum

South Carolina
23 Gingrich
2 Romney

Florida
50 Romney

So using these numbers Romney has 73, Gingrich has 29, Ron Paul has 8, Santorum has 3, and Huntsman has 2.

If you count the "soft" assigned delegates... Iowa, Maine, Colorado and Minnisota...

Iowa
6 Romney
6 Santorum
6 Paul
4 Gingrich

Maine
8 Romney
7 Paul
4 Santorum
2 Gingrich

Colorado
13 Santorum
12 Romney
4 Gingrich
4 Paul

Minnesota
17 Santorum
10 Paul
6 Romney
4 Gingrich

That gives totals of 105 for Romney, 43 for Gingrich, 43 for Santorum, 35 for Paul and 2 for Huntsman. Those are what the states are reporting.

Missouri does not have any numbers published for soft or hard numbers yet. But Santorum won 55% of the votes there and Paul 12%, so I think they should push Santorum easily up into 2nd place.

But, basically if Ron Paul was to take the lead, he'd need to win 100% in Arizona, Michigan and Washington. Which does not appear to be likely. Even if the 15 delegates of the 4 states with delegates unassigned all went to Paul, they would barely squeek him into second place.

We'll have to see what happens over the next couple days and after Super Tuesday.

If any of these numbers are wrong, please feel free to link to each State's Republican party site with the real numbers.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#95    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:21 AM

Boy, old Dr. Paul is really cleaning up tonight.

I'm ready to call this b****.  On to November!

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#96    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,326 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

View PostYamato, on 28 February 2012 - 11:31 PM, said:

Are you Bama13 from History dot com?

Yes. Whats up Musashi. Still fighting the good fight I see. I was glad to see you on here because I always liked reading your posts.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#97    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 13,229 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostBama13, on 29 February 2012 - 02:21 PM, said:

Yes. Whats up Musashi. Still fighting the good fight I see. I was glad to see you on here because I always liked reading your posts.

Ah, welcome brother!   Staying out of trouble as I hope you are too.  It's good to see you swam to another shore after the shipwreck.  And ditto on your compliment!  If I remember correctly, it was you who posed the question before the end: what does it mean to be a conservative?  I thought that was so ironic coming from you because I always viewed you as one of the most, if not the most, conservative members over there.   Not that you still shouldn't ask the question for discussion's sake I suppose.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#98    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,326 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

View PostYamato, on 29 February 2012 - 02:34 PM, said:

Ah, welcome brother!   Staying out of trouble as I hope you are too.  It's good to see you swam to another shore after the shipwreck.  And ditto on your compliment!  If I remember correctly, it was you who posed the question before the end: what does it mean to be a conservative?  I thought that was so ironic coming from you because I always viewed you as one of the most, if not the most, conservative members over there.   Not that you still shouldn't ask the question for discussion's sake I suppose.

Thats what I thought too, but several posters over there said I couldn't be a real conservative because I believe that drugs and abortion should be legal and that these were State issues anyway, not Federal ones. I found it entertaining that they thought conservatives where the same thing as Republicans. It was just my way of getting in a few parting shots at the so-called conservatives over there.

#99    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

They knew too much about flying saucers!

• 27,564 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 29 February 2012 - 01:23 AM, said:

But, basically if Ron Paul was to take the lead, he'd need to win 100% in Arizona, Michigan and Washington. Which does not appear to be likely. Even if the 15 delegates of the 4 states with delegates unassigned all went to Paul, they would barely squeek him into second place.

.. etc.
I'm glad someone understands it enough to put it in some kind of context.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#100    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 21,386 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:46 PM

Update:
Arizona - (Unpledged = 0)
29 delegates - Romney - locked in
(Ron Paul = 8% of popular vote)

Michegan - (Unpledged = 0)
15 delegates - Romney - locked in
15 delegates - Santorum - locked in.
(Ron Paul = 11% of popular vote)

Totals: (With soft and hard committed delegates)
Romney = 149
Santorum = 58
Gingrich = 43
Paul = 35
Huntsman = 2
Unpledged = 15

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#101    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 11,151 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:31 AM

Just a lil bit of advice...

Never, ever count the chickens before they hatch.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#102    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,630 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Yea it will be interesting to see how this actualy pans out. Cause if the media is as wrong as I believe they may be, they are going to lose even more viewers.

Read a great article the other day saying even if Ron doesnt get the nod, cause of who his supporters are (18 to 32 year olds) this country had begun a serious shift tward Ron Paul type principles. It also showing that alternative media is gaining a much bigger audience. Ron had already dropped out at this time back in 2008. Now he can at least use his delegates to gain a better possition.

If a republican gets the white house, then prove themselfs to be just as corrupt as 0bama and Bush (which is certain to happen) The freedom revolution will completly turn the tide. It will probably be to late by then though.

#103    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

They knew too much about flying saucers!

• 27,564 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 10:11 AM

Just supposing that, somehow, the Great man did get the Nomination, but through some travesty he wasn't Elected, can we trust that his admirers would concede that the People had spoken, and, being believers in Democracy, then they must accept that with good grace? Or would they behave like many republicans did after Mr. O was elected, and go on for years about how either the election wasn't legitimate, or how Mr. O wasn't actually a U.S. Citizen, & so on & on & on?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#104    preacherman76

preacherman76

Seeker

• 11,630 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 11:08 AM

View Post747400, on 01 March 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

Just supposing that, somehow, the Great man did get the Nomination, but through some travesty he wasn't Elected, can we trust that his admirers would concede that the People had spoken, and, being believers in Democracy, then they must accept that with good grace? Or would they behave like many republicans did after Mr. O was elected, and go on for years about how either the election wasn't legitimate, or how Mr. O wasn't actually a U.S. Citizen, & so on & on & on?

I cant speak for every Ron Paul supporter, but personaly Id have to cross that bridge when I came to it. It would depend on if there was any evidence of voter fraud. Which, in light of recent events, wouldnt surprize me at all.

If 0bama does serve a second term, with no fear of losing the next election (being obviously that he couldnt run for a third term) I think it would be safe to say we will go to war with Iran and probably Syria. Putting the final nail in our economic coffin.

#105    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 13,229 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

View Post747400, on 01 March 2012 - 10:11 AM, said:

And so on and on.  Politics like that never ends, so yes, and what difference would it make?

The difference would be that people were exposed to a new philosophy that, at first light or glance, they weren't interested in embracing for a plethora of reasons.  But those seeds were planted.  And if Ron Paul is right, then the unhealthy addictions this country can't put down are ultimately going to make him right the hard way and not the free way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users