Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

robots in space exploration

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:47 AM

I just love anything to do with robots!!!!!!!!!

I think this is the only way forwards for now.. sending robots on missions that will cost too much to send humans for., Think about it, robots have no requirements for water/food/oxygen...so less space and weight needed on spacecraft that have humans in

The japs went into space, and then basically stated they will send a humanoid robot to the moon by 2015

read here:    http://www.engadget....e-moon-by-2015/

I mean just look how far their number 1 commercial robot ASIMO has come

Then we have the US militarys robot 'soldier'...imagine that on the dunes of mars...(plus at the near ending of the vid it jumps high like a horse)!

Humans may have taken one great leap, but I think its the robots who will take greater and further strides...

Edited by bouncer, 13 February 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#2    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,061 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:22 AM

That four legged thing's cute. It can dance!

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#3    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

View Post747400, on 13 February 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

That four legged thing's cute. It can dance!

yeh but just imagine a few years down the line when its disguised as a camel or some other creature and sent to spy/or fight wars for the US!!  The future could be creepy!

At least the japs did the first 2 legged humanoid and are going to send it to the moon!!  Mars exploration would be entirely different if not restricted to rovers who move just meters per day over flat terrain... these things can climb!!

#4    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,061 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

View Postbouncer, on 13 February 2012 - 03:41 PM, said:

yeh but just imagine a few years down the line when its disguised as a camel or some other creature and sent to spy/or fight wars for the US!!  The future could be creepy!

Of course, this is where they got the inspiration from, isn't it ..

Attached Files

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#5    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:28 PM

View Postbouncer, on 13 February 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

I just love anything to do with robots!!!!!!!!!

I think this is the only way forwards for now.. sending robots on missions that will cost too much to send humans for., Think about it, robots have no requirements for water/food/oxygen...so less space and weight needed on spacecraft that have humans in

The japs went into space, and then basically stated they will send a humanoid robot to the moon by 2015

read here:    http://www.engadget....e-moon-by-2015/

I mean just look how far their number 1 commercial robot ASIMO has come

Then we have the US militarys robot 'soldier'...imagine that on the dunes of mars...(plus at the near ending of the vid it jumps high like a horse)!

Humans may have taken one great leap, but I think its the robots who will take greater and further strides...

Great post Bouncer! and all very pertinent!  :tu:

I would like to see the look on ETs face when ASIMO and his pooch come sidling towards them on  Kepler-20e!  :lol:

Cheers.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#6    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

View Post747400, on 13 February 2012 - 04:21 PM, said:

Of course, this is where they got the inspiration from, isn't it ..

ha hadn't thought of that, but on that theme, even George Lucas envisioned the necessity and practicality of a future with robots!! Its just a matter of time!! (cant wait)

#7    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

View Post1963, on 13 February 2012 - 08:28 PM, said:

Great post Bouncer! and all very pertinent!  :tu:

I would like to see the look on ETs face when ASIMO and his pooch come sidling towards them on  Kepler-20e!  :lol:

Cheers.

And after a hard days planet exploring, the robots can relax with some music and dancing....(amazing vid)

mind you....after a few drinks the fights often begin...so they build the first working terminator to deal with it...just for fun... to start...

as seen...fighting robots.. here:  http://www.wimp.com/japaneserobots/

hehehe....

Edited by bouncer, 15 February 2012 - 03:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users