Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

A 3-pronged mark

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#61    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

• I think I'm figuring it out

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostCrypto finder, on 02 November 2013 - 11:54 PM, said:

you'll want to start with Raven Hare

Can you say more about Raven Hare?

#62    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

In previous entries I've mentioned the 3 pronged-mark and also mentioned the importance of woodpeckers.

I don't think I’ve said anything about shamanism or animism or nature-based beliefs, but they are also a part of this.
And yesterday I found an author who seems to have been on this same trail.  She passed away in the 1940s, but of the 6 books she has written, one is on woodpeckers, another is on the 'Indians' of Maine, and a 3rd is called "Old John Neptune And Other Maine Indian Shamans".
I've just ordered the 3rd book.  It is about a Penobscot Indian who the English called 'Neptune',  (The Roman God Neptune carried a trident - the 3-pronged symbol), and the Roman name ties in the Italian Stregha aspect, and of course other local Shamans or Pauw Wauws or Medicine people who lived in this area.

I’m looking forward to receiving the book.

#63    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:28 AM

Hey herenow. How ya doin'.
Still on your quest I see.

Miss me?

#64    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:06 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 09 November 2013 - 08:28 AM, said:

Hey herenow. How ya doin'.
Still on your quest I see.

Like a dog hanging on to a bone.

#65    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:43 PM

View Postherenow, on 09 November 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Like a dog hanging on to a bone.

Nom Nom!

Miss me?

#66    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

View Postherenow, on 08 November 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

In previous entries I've mentioned the 3 pronged-mark and also mentioned the importance of woodpeckers.

I don't think I’ve said anything about shamanism or animism or nature-based beliefs, but they are also a part of this.
And yesterday I found an author who seems to have been on this same trail.  She passed away in the 1940s, but of the 6 books she has written, one is on woodpeckers, another is on the 'Indians' of Maine, and a 3rd is called "Old John Neptune And Other Maine Indian Shamans".
I've just ordered the 3rd book.  It is about a Penobscot Indian who the English called 'Neptune',  (The Roman God Neptune carried a trident - the 3-pronged symbol), and the Roman name ties in the Italian Stregha aspect, and of course other local Shamans or Pauw Wauws or Medicine people who lived in this area.

I’m looking forward to receiving the book.

Ok, I'm convinced the 'Old John Neptune' is a direct descendant of the people who've "shown" me the 3-pronged mark.
More later...

#67    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:38 AM

Yeah, so that book about a dude named Old John Neptune led me to a number of things, none of which will interest the casual reader.  But it also lead me to this.
I've been in these woods for 20 years but this morning I bushwaked to this spot where I've never been, and found a man-made mound, about 10 feet tall and 15 feet at the base.

It appears to be made of stacked rocks, covered with dirt, possibly some kind of chamber.
I believe it is hollow because the the green top is moss-cover cement and it looks like it covers a chimney or entrance or something. Posted Image

#68    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

my pix are too big..

Attached Thumbnails

• mount_2a.jpg

#69    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

There's a 3-pronged symbol I've written about for a couple years here.
This time it has shown up in the form of a pitchfork under an odd circumstance in the 150 year old building where I work.
Here's a recap.

1) I found this mark on a quartz stone in the woods (which has since been dug up and stolen).
2) A deer pawed out that same mark in the snow one winter, right over where the quartz had been.
3) I found that same mark on a small piece of quartz which somehow showed up on my kitchen floor.
4) I've found a signature on an old "Indian" deed selling the town of Salem, MA to the whites, which looks to me to be the same 3-pronged symbol. I have the Native American woman's name, and I can trace her father and grandmother back to the area where I have found the symbol in quartz and in the snow.
5) I found the symbol in the form of a branch placed on the ground at a 'powerful' place in the woods.
6) On another Native deed I found the signature of a man I've been researching, and he also uses the 3-pronged marke.
7) In researching my paternal roots I find the symbol on the helmet of my ancestors
8) Further research of the Native people of my area in Massachusetts lead to this 3-pronged pendant.
9) This morning a coworker asked me about a pitchfork which somehow showed up overnight in my shop area. I have no idea how it got there.

Attached Thumbnails

• three.jpg

#70    Scandal

Scandal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:58 PM

The three of evil that's what i heard.

#71    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

View PostScandal, on 11 March 2014 - 05:58 PM, said:

The three of evil that's what i heard.
Three has always been a good number for me.
Plus I don't believe in 'evil', except when it comes to people.

#72    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 12:39 PM

Lots of stuff has been going on in the woods and I figured I'd post an update.
I’ve written about a 3-pronged mark which shows up often, but in addition to that there's a new symbol.

I recently discovered that my Sicilian grandmother’s last name translates to "Sign of the Pentagram".
Lately I've been reading about pentagrams and pentagons, since a pentagon came up a year or two ago in a weird coincidence which I wrote about here.

A few days ago I went out to a quartz outcrop in the woods which gives great juice when you put your hands on it.  Just before the hike I had been reading about how a pentagon is inside a pentagram, and how you can create a pentagon by connecting the points of a pentagram.  I clearly had pentagrams and pentagons on my mind!
I went to the quartz outcrop,  and right next to it there's was a stone prefectly shaped like a pentagon.
Posted Image

#73    herenow

herenow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 12:08 PM

I haven't been here in a while, but figured in the spirit of Halloween I'd drop in and give an update. The woods I write about are active every day.

The photo on the left is a tree in these woods, and the photo on the right is a being said to roam these woods.

I took the photo of the tree this summer, and came across the other picture this week.
The tree's branches kind of mimic the extended arm and the bent arm of the being in other picture.

The being is called Goatman today in New England.  
At the time of the Salem Witch Trials he was said to hold Sabbath in the woods.
The people who've  lived here for thousands of years have various names for him.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users