Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 6 votes

Sumatran Orang Pendek Hairs Match Rock Hyrax

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#46    hucksterfoot

hucksterfoot

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:51 PM

View PostLilly, on 20 February 2012 - 09:48 PM, said:

Well, you know what they say, even a broken clock is correct twice a day.  :)
I can confirm this; I can be a procrastinator when it comes to winding and changing batteries.

#47    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:59 PM

View Postealdwita, on 20 February 2012 - 01:19 PM, said:

Hi Tailorman. The sun bear has been considered of course, but taking into account that cannabis is a local cash crop and is smoked or chewed by most jungle people above the age of seven, there's no telling what's been seen!

Another interesting cryptid story I have encountered is the Ngoloko, or Nandi Bear. This time in Kenya, but that's another story.
Sorry, I forgot to say "Hi!" :)

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#48    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,165 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:05 AM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 20 February 2012 - 10:46 AM, said:

I'm not the most qualified person in the whole world, no, but I do have a science degree in Computing With Astronomy.

I am not familiar with that degree.  Where did it come from?

#49    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 23 February 2012 - 01:05 AM, said:

I am not familiar with that degree.  Where did it come from?
Th University Of Hertfordshire which includes the Bayfordbury Observatory. It's where Sir Patrick Moore studied Astronomy.

The object, known by the locals as "Bicho Voador" (Flying Animal), or "Bicho Sugador" (Sucking Animal), has the shape of a rounded ship and attacks people in isolation.

#50    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

Here's a site which has the dialogue of the extreme expeditions member Richard Freeman The search for Orang Pendek continues…

Attached Files

#51    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 28 February 2012 - 10:47 AM, said:

Here's a site which has the dialogue of the extreme expeditions member Richard Freeman The search for Orang Pendek continues…
You didnt seem to have any takers on your hyrax comment on that page.  Thats a far cry from saying the expedition members backed up the claim you made in the thread title.  Freeman doesnt seem to have any valid arguments other than personal insults.

#52    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

View Postvitruvian12, on 28 February 2012 - 04:09 PM, said:

You didnt seem to have any takers on your hyrax comment on that page.  Thats a far cry from saying the expedition members backed up the claim you made in the thread title.  Freeman doesnt seem to have any valid arguments other than personal insults.
It's somewhere else that the encouragement from a team member led me to make that previous comment. It wasn't Richard Freeman, he hasn't joined the discussion on this other site.

Edited by tailormaneinafog, 29 February 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#53    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,853 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 29 February 2012 - 03:22 PM, said:

It's somewhere else that the encouragement from a team member led me to make that previous comment. It wasn't Richard Freeman, he hasn't joined the discussion on this other site.
Which site?

#54    NatureBoff

NatureBoff

SandersonHapgood

• Banned
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

View Postvitruvian12, on 29 February 2012 - 03:29 PM, said:

Which site?
Giant Hyrax which has been identified as the Orang Pendek of Sumatra by hair analysis from a find in 2001. Check the report photographs against the rock hyrax ventral hair pictures which can be found online. View Extreme Expeditions on facebook for easy viewing. (Wow)

#55    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,935 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

How can one unconfirmed species be identified as another unconfirmed species ?

Not only that but the Orang Pendek is supposed to be a small bipedal ape-like creature, not a giant dog.

#56    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,853 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 29 February 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

Giant Hyrax which has been identified as the Orang Pendek of Sumatra by hair analysis from a find in 2001. Check the report photographs against the rock hyrax ventral hair pictures which can be found online. View Extreme Expeditions on facebook for easy viewing. (Wow)
Does your notion of support amount to one comment on a facebook page?  It seem somewhat humouring at most, he even says there are many differences.  Or am I missing some other interaction on another site?

#57    Morreh

Morreh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• Words offer the means to meaning.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

View Posttailormaneinafog, on 29 February 2012 - 03:36 PM, said:

I'm curious, Tailor, how did you first come across Hyraxes? (I'm not sure what their plural is..)

Bad machine.

#58    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,252 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:07 AM

View PostMorreh, on 01 March 2012 - 12:00 AM, said:

I'm curious, Tailor, how did you first come across Hyraxes? (I'm not sure what their plural is..)
I think he first IDed a crypto as a hyrax based off the honey swamp monster, because it had three, or four webbed toes, like a hyrax.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#59    Morreh

Morreh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• Words offer the means to meaning.

Posted 01 March 2012 - 02:57 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 01 March 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

I think he first IDed a crypto as a hyrax based off the honey swamp monster, because it had three, or four webbed toes, like a hyrax.
o_o there are no words. None.

Bad machine.

#60    vitruvian12

vitruvian12

Psychic Spy

• 1,853 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:01 AM

View PostMorreh, on 01 March 2012 - 02:57 AM, said:

o_o there are no words. None.
Wait till you hear about his glow birds

0 user(s) are reading this topic