Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Jesus Tshirts banned


  • Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#31    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 32,967 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostKazahel, on 16 February 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

Then I believe its smart to be forgiving. Thats a fact. :)

Your belief is a fact, your opinion is incorrect.

View PostKazahel, on 16 February 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

You know... I find this and your words below(in the other posts)becoming ironic and hypocritical when I glance over at your avatar. You are basically saying a swear word as your main image.. and have been doing so for a long time. Granted its not as bad as some swear words but still...

I do not see it as a swear word, I see it as a statement. And yes, the C word is not in the same league.

View PostKazahel, on 16 February 2012 - 07:55 AM, said:

:rofl:

And I would like to add that considering this site and all its different threads on unexplained mysteries.. I dont see how you can speak about respect while using that avatar. I personally always found it rude myself, especially on this type of site.  No bull ****.   :tu:

I guess that it is because you do not respect my position. It's not all that different from having a sign on your door saying the door to door salesmen are not welcomed. Same with me and BS. I come here to learn about and hopefully solve mysteries. Not to listen to pie in the sky dreams.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#32    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 32,967 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Yes, but it is not me wearing it is it? And you do not see me showing support for it either... Not caring is not showing support..   There are Christian here  that are not bothered by it.. And fair play to them..


I have strong opinions on certain things, but it doesn't mean I should hold strong opinions on everything..  There will be things that will bother me and things that wont..    I can be easy going for many things, and not so for other..   I am not a complete fuss pot  lol Posted Image

If I ever get to a stage  where later on as I get a lot older, and my HRT treatment is  on the blink, then maybe I will start acting like more of a fuss pot.  ....And I may go around with T-shirts that read- > Y'all offend me !! ..  Much  fuss about nothing... and Complainers  Anonymous     lol . But  now, I wont..  Life too short for me to care..


And? You can say that about any sexual image on clothing  about anyone...



She has not see it, well not the one you are complaining about that  is banned anyway lol ....  She has seen  one or two  images from people in the street with pictures like it and she doesn't bat an eye at it......  In fact it is rare for her to see them... I could count in one hand to be honest.. . I guess she is like me, and she couldn't care less. ?    

  I do not ever care who wears what on them..  It could be a dirty tattoo or something shaved in their heads for al I care..  It is their life..  

That t-shirt compmanyt has given me an idea  they printed  Jesus is a C___   I am going to get me a T- shirt that reads - Complainers are  a C___Posted Image..I am kidding ....Jokes aside, but the more you get at me telling me who or what I should look down at and  get bothered over, I am more determined not to...  Seriously..    I just live and let live..



But I do not want to look down my nose at anyone who wears them...I am not offended by it.. I ignore it and always will...... It's all good you telling me over and over  to sum up how I should care and get bothered by it, all because you do,, but must I do all you do? Act like and feel the way you do? .... To speak on my own behalf -  If I wanted everyone to act and feel a certain way all because I do, then I would be rather selfish to do that.....At least that's how I feel I would look if did that.. again I speak on my behalf


Yes I have, and it doesn't have to be about a nun, if it is about anyone it can be offensive.. I will not describe what I have seen on a family forum thanks..



In general - I am more offended when someone tries to tell me how I should deal with things, when I clearly am not bothered , neither is my child.....
I just do not like telling anyone else how they should dress or what they should be doing..  It is their own life  not mine ......If I can ignore the rare viewings that are not  the norm.. then So I shall  ..I am not going to get stressed out of something I rarely get to look at and is already banned  anyway..


Hey BM

I wont reply until you clear something up for me as I am terribly confused. You have told me several times here and in PM that you do not want part of this conversation, but you keep answering my posts? How or should I respond considering this? If it is OK, I will answer this:

And? You can say that about any sexual image on clothing  about anyone...

I do not find such graphic images in public acceptable. I do not see it as a right one has, I see it as someone who wants to upset others on purpose, and I just cannot see a reason to condone that.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#33    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:36 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 February 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

I wont reply until you clear something up for me as I am terribly confused. You have told me several times here and in PM that you do not want part of this conversation, but you keep answering my posts? How or should I respond considering this?

The debate I told you that I did not care to go further with was the history of violence and religion, that was made clear 3 times   in the thread that is not the same as this one..We have a right to say no thank to a debate in certain threads.. I have not said anything like that in this thread....Not that there is much that can be said in this thread, hence why not many care to post in it..  You either care about it or not..

Quote

       I do not find such graphic images in public acceptable. I do not see it as a right one has, I see it as someone who wants to upset others on purpose, and I just cannot see a reason to condone that.        

Bottom line is this -  People regardless who they are, are free to be offended  and get annoyed etc  over whatever they chose..  But  they should not expect others who are not bothered by certain things that go on to feel the same as they do and tell them how they should feel and so on..     I  understand how offended and annoyed over this  you feel, but  you should understand that  so many of us will not care to get offended or annoyed over it... .....There are some Christians that have not shown any real worry over it either..   That's life...    If I am not bothered by any of it and I can go through my life without getting annoyed  over it.. Then I am happy with how I am....
I am not all of a sudden going to start getting offended and annoyed over it now..  Life's too short to get stressed out over how people like to wear clothing and so on..  

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#34    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 32,967 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:11 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Yes, but it is not me wearing it is it? And you do not see me showing support for it either... Not caring is not showing support..   There are Christian here  that are not bothered by it.. And fair play to them..

But if these people judge other that is OK? THat is what I find most strange, you feel a person does not have the right to judge another, yet this is exactly what the people wearing the T Shirt are doing. It just strikes me as hypocritical is all.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

I have strong opinions on certain things, but it doesn't mean I should hold strong opinions on everything..  There will be things that will bother me and things that wont..    I can be easy going for many things, and not so for other..   I am not a complete fuss pot  lol Posted Image

I have to say, it sure is confusing at times.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

If I ever get to a stage  where later on as I get a lot older, and my HRT treatment is  on the blink, then maybe I will start acting like more of a fuss pot.  ....And I may go around with T-shirts that read- > Y'all offend me !! ..  Much  fuss about nothing... and Complainers  Anonymous     lol . But  now, I wont..  Life too short for me to care..

Posted Image

Maybe this should be my profile picture?
Because I am offended by a public display of vile profanity?

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

And? You can say that about any sexual image on clothing  about anyone...

I agree with you there, but I see you did not tackle the Wicked Camper Slogan, it to me is pretty much the same thing. Would you be upset at a public slogan that read Women should shut their mouths and open their legs? I guess I am asking do you have a line that cannot be crossed? Or is there no limit to the level of behaviour and public display altogether and no matter what level of depravity in public as far as you are concerned?

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

She has not see it, well not the one you are complaining about that  is banned anyway lol ....  She has seen  one or two  images from people in the street with pictures like it and she doesn't bat an eye at it......  In fact it is rare for her to see them... I could count in one hand to be honest.. . I guess she is like me, and she couldn't care less. ?    

  I do not ever care who wears what on them..  It could be a dirty tattoo or something shaved in their heads for al I care..  It is their life..  

That t-shirt compmanyt has given me an idea  they printed  Jesus is a C___   I am going to get me a T- shirt that reads - Complainers are  a C___Posted Image..I am kidding ....Jokes aside, but the more you get at me telling me who or what I should look down at and  get bothered over, I am more determined not to...  Seriously..    I just live and let live..

It is banned in New Zealand. Maybe that is why I am determined to retire there. I feel the same way those citizens do. For all I know, you may be able to purchase that very shirt in your local Shopping Centre.
So your support is generated by opposition to the product being publicly available? That does not strike me as a valid reason if so. I did not tell you to look down your nose at other people, I just said that you retain that right in a society. If one refuses to become part of said society, they are wanting to be ostracised the way I see it.
I do not see tattos on display with profanaties which are easily visible, and I have been to quite a few Biker do's. Plenty of tatts there.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

But I do not want to look down my nose at anyone who wears them...I am not offended by it.. I ignore it and always will...... It's all good you telling me over and over  to sum up how I should care and get bothered by it, all because you do,, but must I do all you do? Act like and feel the way you do? .... To speak on my own behalf -  If I wanted everyone to act and feel a certain way all because I do, then I would be rather selfish to do that.....At least that's how I feel I would look if did that.. again I speak on my behalf

Hey do what you want, and so will I, but I do not agree with you that it is publicly acceptable, and as a citizen I too have the right to voice my concerns.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

Yes I have, and it doesn't have to be about a nun, if it is about anyone it can be offensive.. I will not describe what I have seen on a family forum thanks..

Indeed, any sexually graphical display is not appropriate in public. It's no better then viewing porn in the presence of minors is it? And a Nun I find worse, because these are people that selflessly do their damnedest help other , wether they do or not, their intention is noble. These low life's are picking on them because they are forgiving and will not fight back. An easy target. That sounds to me like a bully picking on the class nerd.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 02:25 PM, said:

In general - I am more offended when someone tries to tell me how I should deal with things, when I clearly am not bothered , neither is my child.....
I just do not like telling anyone else how they should dress or what they should be doing..  It is their own life  not mine ......If I can ignore the rare viewings that are not  the norm.. then So I shall  ..I am not going to get stressed out of something I rarely get to look at and is already banned  anyway..

I think we should keep the world clean, not filthy. I see that as our duty. What about a murderer, it's his choice, his life, should we just turn a blind eye?

Edited by psyche101, 17 February 2012 - 12:12 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#35    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 32,967 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

The debate I told you that I did not care to go further with was the history of violence and religion, that was made clear 3 times   in the thread that is not the same as this one..We have a right to say no thank to a debate in certain threads.. I have not said anything like that in this thread....Not that there is much that can be said in this thread, hence why not many care to post in it..  You either care about it or not..

Fair enough.

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 16 February 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Bottom line is this -  People regardless who they are, are free to be offended  and get annoyed etc  over whatever they chose..  But  they should not expect others who are not bothered by certain things that go on to feel the same as they do and tell them how they should feel and so on..     I  understand how offended and annoyed over this  you feel, but  you should understand that  so many of us will not care to get offended or annoyed over it... .....There are some Christians that have not shown any real worry over it either..   That's life...    If I am not bothered by any of it and I can go through my life without getting annoyed  over it.. Then I am happy with how I am....
I am not all of a sudden going to start getting offended and annoyed over it now..  Life's too short to get stressed out over how people like to wear clothing and so on..  

I am not asking you to get offended, as a parent, I am intensely curious that you are not. I am trying to learn why anyone would be so offhand about something so vile and derogatory. It is good that you are happy with yourself, personally, I am on a constant mission to improve myself, I am quite sure there is room for it. You are one up on me, I understand that people will be offended, but I do not understand why people would not be. As I said, certain groups will buy this because of the rebellious stage in life they are going through, but the purpose of the garment is to offend and judge. I suspect most of the people who bought the garment would not do so in another ten years time.  I just do not think it is right to purposefully offend others and go out of ones way to do so. But I guess if I go out and buy a T Shirt that says I Support Gay Marriage as long as BOTH Chicks are hot, it will be nice to know that you will be supporting my right to wear it. Some things swing in roundabouts I suppose.

Edited by psyche101, 17 February 2012 - 12:22 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#36    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 February 2012 - 12:11 AM, said:

Posted Image

Maybe this should be my profile picture?


Ha ha good one.. that would be funny   lol Posted Image

Quote

   as a citizen I too have the right to voice my concerns.  
Yes you keep voicing your concerns...  Good luck to ya Posted Image

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 17 February 2012 - 12:34 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#37    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 32,967 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 February 2012 - 12:42 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 February 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Ha ha good one.. that would be funny   lol Posted Image

I might just do that! :D

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 February 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Yes you keep voicing your concerns...  Good luck to ya Posted Image

And you too. I do not come here to agree with people, I want to know what makes people tick. That is a mystery to me. As such, I appreciate your input, but please note, I am not trying to change you, I am trying to understand you. We are quite different people in many ways, but in some ways, I think we have some common ground too. Being across seas makes the interpretations harder at times, but that challenge is one I wish to overcome. If I do not ask questions, how am I going to learn?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#38    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

    Sarcastic Muppet..!

  • Member
  • 51,196 posts
  • Joined:01 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Ireland

  • "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 February 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

I might just do that! :D


OMG you did too.. I clicked on your file to see if you would for a laugh.. and there it is  ha ha lol...So funny.it really suits you too lol. Every time I see ole Grampa Simpson,I'll  think of you Posted Image

Quote

    I am not trying to change you, I am trying to understand you.           

I can see that.. But  we wont always find it easy to understand how others will feel.. Like for example -   Pretend you tell me that football is like the best thing since sliced bread?  I will not ever understand how anyone can like the game let alone show so much support for it..  .  Even with stronger opinions and views.. We can try but we  all at some  point, will find it hard to  understand so many things...Not everything, just some things

I understand you on this issue, of course I do.. Because  I personally would not wear anything like that..I said this at the start of the thread........ I also know that people can find it offensive..I understand completely.. .. But in saying hat.. When it comes to the general public,  if they chose to wear it, I can not get bothered.. I ignore it. .So I guess I can look at both sides on that ..It could be how I was raised.. never to worry over what strangers wear or do to themselves.. hairstyle, tattoos and so on.. Just worry about yourself..Try and keep yourself to yourself in that respect, you do not want to be seen as a trouble maker......... My mother was always saying this to us growing up, I love and respect my mother and it rubbed off on me I guess.....  I have been like that ever since..
  I think even if you cannot understand why so many will just ignore it and go about their business, or hold the same attitude as what I think PA put at the start - If you dont like it, don't buy it attitude. .Well see people will not care to get too into it.....So you do not have to understand completely, just know that not everyone is the same on so many things

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 17 February 2012 - 01:08 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#39    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 32,967 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:39 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 February 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

OMG you did too.. I clicked on your file to see if you would for a laugh.. and there it is  ha ha lol...So funny.it really suits you too lol. Every time I see ole Grampa Simpson,I'll  think of you Posted Image

:D LOL, Not sure if I am like that all the time, but I think we all have a little Grandpa Simpson in us.
I am going to embrace the inner Grandpa :D I hope I look that good when I get to that age, whatever that may be.....

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 February 2012 - 01:06 AM, said:

I can see that.. But  we wont always find it easy to understand how others will feel.. Like for example -   Pretend you tell me that football is like the best thing since sliced bread?  I will not ever understand how anyone can like the game let alone show so much support for it..  .  Even with stronger opinions and views.. We can try but we  all at some  point, will find it hard to  understand so many things...Not everything, just some things

I understand you on this issue, of course I do.. Because  I personally would not wear anything like that..I said this at the start of the thread........ I also know that people can find it offensive..I understand completely.. .. But in saying hat.. When it comes to the general public,  if they chose to wear it, I can not get bothered.. I ignore it. .So I guess I can look at both sides on that ..It could be how I was raised.. never to worry over what strangers wear or do to themselves.. hairstyle, tattoos and so on.. Just worry about yourself..Try and keep yourself to yourself in that respect, you do not want to be seen as a trouble maker......... My mother was always saying this to us growing up, I love and respect my mother and it rubbed off on me I guess.....  I have been like that ever since..
  I think even if you cannot understand why so many will just ignore it and go about their business, or hold the same attitude as what I think PA put at the start - If you dont like it, don't buy it attitude. .Well see people will not care to get too into it.....So you do not have to understand completely, just know that not everyone is the same on so many things

Thank you, I think I can now see what you are saying, it is hard to understand for me, but the one line where you say: keep yourself to yourself in that respect, you do not want to be seen as a trouble maker slams home to me.  My life was quite different to yours, and I had to look after myself a lot. Growing up in rural Australia was a big help, I was a pretty hefty teen, and then I went into construction, which kept me at a size where I never had to take crap from anyone, so I never did. Yet believe it or not, I do not like conflict. I can sound pretty cranky, but in real life I am about as tough as a junket sandwich. I prefer reason wherever possible. What you said makes sense, it is just a very different life to the one I had. It made a very different person. Thank you for the insight, it might take a bit of time to sink in, but I know I learned today. That's awesome.

Edited by psyche101, 17 February 2012 - 02:40 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#40    Kazahel

Kazahel

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,997 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The West.

  • What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 17 February 2012 - 02:56 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 February 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

I do not see it as a swear word, I see it as a statement. And yes, the C word is not in the same league.

It is an image of a swear word, not much different to an image of a finger sign. It might not be as crass as the C word but its still crass.


View Postpsyche101, on 16 February 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

I guess that it is because you do not respect my position. It's not all that different from having a sign on your door saying the door to door salesmen are not welcomed. Same with me and BS. I come here to learn about and hopefully solve mysteries. Not to listen to pie in the sky dreams.

So someone might decide to share a personal experience they have had and then you post in the thread a possible explanation.. now with that avatar it doesnt matter much in what you say in your post because you are basically telling them(in a symbolic way)that they are lying(or that is how it can appear). I think this would be off putting to people in wanting to share experiences on this type of site. In short it could be considered rude and inconsiderate of other members.

So when you say things like.. " I do not see any reason whatsoever to promote such foul language in a public place to promote ones opinion. That is downright disrespectful and condescending to anyone who has to view the shirt."...     I cant help but compare that to your avatar and find it hypocritical.

Anyway its no big deal but thats how I see it.


#41    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 32,967 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

View PostKazahel, on 17 February 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

It is an image of a swear word, not much different to an image of a finger sign. It might not be as crass as the C word but its still crass.

Really now? No, I do not see it as a swear word, it is a word that depicts unwanted waste, you are only looking at one usage of the word. Not the definition.

And look at this - bullcrap. Is it censored here?

View PostKazahel, on 17 February 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

So someone might decide to share a personal experience they have had and then you post in the thread a possible explanation.. now with that avatar it doesnt matter much in what you say in your post because you are basically telling them(in a symbolic way)that they are lying(or that is how it can appear). I think this would be off putting to people in wanting to share experiences on this type of site. In short it could be considered rude and inconsiderate of other members.

Yes I will post a possible explanation, If I can qualify the explanation I will, That is the point of this place isn't it? A Discussion forum? To just post your experience for others to read is what blogs are for. They too are a feature available on this very site. If someone tried to tell me Bill Mier is on the level, or they know that they have seen an alien craft when all they had was a fleeting glimpse I will point at my Avatar. That is called "to the point".
If any members find it rude and inconsiderate, then they are just refusing to deal with reality.

View PostKazahel, on 17 February 2012 - 02:56 AM, said:

So when you say things like.. " I do not see any reason whatsoever to promote such foul language in a public place to promote ones opinion. That is downright disrespectful and condescending to anyone who has to view the shirt."...     I cant help but compare that to your avatar and find it hypocritical.

Anyway its no big deal but thats how I see it.

I cannot see what on earth you are talking about, when crap becomes censored on this site, then maybe we can discuss this further. Until that point in time, I do not see that you have a case. I have had it since I joined, almost 7 years ago, and you are the first to try to make a big deal out of it, so it cannot possibly be as offensive as you are trying to make out, can it? The Avatar is a Bull Pooping, why is the description of my Avatar not censored? You are doing your absolute best to make something out of nothing. It is not even close to what the T Shirt is portraying. I think you are just a sore loser.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#42    Kazahel

Kazahel

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,997 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The West.

  • What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:31 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 February 2012 - 03:17 AM, said:

And look at this - bullcrap. Is it censored here?


I cannot see what on earth you are talking about, when crap becomes censored on this site, then maybe we can discuss this further. Until that point in time, I do not see that you have a case. I have had it since I joined, almost 7 years ago, and you are the first to try to make a big deal out of it, so it cannot possibly be as offensive as you are trying to make out, can it?

View Postpsyche101, on 16 February 2012 - 10:17 PM, said:

Same with me and BS.

You said before that it was BS but now you change it to BC?  Nice try. And yes you have had it for a long time.. I wonder if that will change in ten years as you mature.

View Postpsyche101, on 17 February 2012 - 12:21 AM, said:

I suspect most of the people who bought the garment would not do so in another ten years time.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

And everything else I've said I stand by. I think it is inconsiderate and insensitive to other members. So I didnt go out of my way to make something out of nothing. I just glanced over and found it ironic with your strong views(apparently)and such a crass avatar.

Fair enough hey.


#43    psyche101

psyche101

    Conspiracy Realist

  • Member
  • 32,967 posts
  • Joined:30 Nov 2005
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oz

  • If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:35 AM

View PostKazahel, on 17 February 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

You said before that it was BS but now you change it to BC?  Nice try. And yes you have had it for a long time.. I wonder if that will change in ten years as you mature.

Can you explain to me what the difference in definition is?

Heck, I'll tell you to save a few posts.
One can be used in a derogatory manner as in You Useless Piece of S**** Yet I am referring to it as unwanted waste isn't it. Maybe that is a bit too technical I do not now, but I am not to be blamed for the ignorance of others. I am not using to describe another person, I am using it to categorise information. You are talking about an adjective, I am talking about a noun.

View PostKazahel, on 17 February 2012 - 03:31 AM, said:

I guess we will have to wait and see.

And everything else I've said I stand by. I think it is inconsiderate and insensitive to other members. So I didnt go out of my way to make something out of nothing. I just glanced over and found it ironic with your strong views(apparently)and such a crass avatar.

Fair enough hey.

I guess we will wait and see. You can stand by everything else that you have said, but you are wrong. It's that easy. Benevolence is not intelligence, and a swear word and a reference to wastage is not the same thing either, So you might see it as fair enough, I just see someone trying (badly) to pick an offtopic fight. I think you are being inconsiderate and insensitive by going off-topic to justify yourself all because I showed you that what you said to Englishgent was completely incorrect. That really cheesed you off, didn't it? I have been your target ever since. I think it is obvious at to which one of us has some maturing to do yet.
Again, in 7 years, you are the only member on this forum to try to complain about my avatar, that says an awful lot as well.

Also, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. I'll take my own sweet time with it thanks.

Edited by psyche101, 17 February 2012 - 04:36 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#44    Kazahel

Kazahel

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,997 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The West.

  • What need is there of seeing, in the presence of His gratitude?

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:03 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 February 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

Can you explain to me what the difference in definition is?

Heck, I'll tell you to save a few posts.
One can be used in a derogatory manner as in You Useless Piece of S**** Yet I am referring to it as unwanted waste isn't it. Maybe that is a bit too technical I do not now, but I am not to be blamed for the ignorance of others. I am not using to describe another person, I am using it to categorise information. You are talking about an adjective, I am talking about a noun.


It doesnt change that the image and message of your avatar is crass. Which is something you seemed to be taking such a strong stand against.


View Postpsyche101, on 17 February 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

I guess we will wait and see. You can stand by everything else that you have said, but you are wrong. It's that easy. Benevolence is not intelligence, and a swear word and a reference to wastage is not the same thing either, So you might see it as fair enough, I just see someone trying (badly) to pick an offtopic fight. I think you are being inconsiderate and insensitive by going off-topic to justify yourself all because I showed you that what you said to Englishgent was completely incorrect. That really cheesed you off, didn't it? I have been your target ever since. I think it is obvious at to which one of us has some maturing to do yet.
Again, in 7 years, you are the only member on this forum to try to complain about my avatar, that says an awful lot as well.

Also, growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional. I'll take my own sweet time with it thanks.

Just remember you came in and quoted me and answered for someone else. And I never said that benevolence is intelligence as a fact like you were so quick to point out. I said I think it could be argued that they are the same thing. So for example a person holding onto hate would cause the body stress and potentually sickness over time, so then a person who uses forgivness would not suffer that same stress etc. So it is imo smart to be forgiving. So you didnt show me that what I said to Englishgent was incorrect at all. And it didnt cheese me off otherwise I wouldve gone into more detail like I have just now. I basically ignored it. And then you later go on to say I was a sore loser because I didnt comment anymore on that. I mean that in itself says who needs to grow up and who was picking a fight looking for a victory.

And yeah in 7 years I might be the only one that has commented on your avatar.. and why did I do it... because it was somewhat suited to this thread.

Personally I think the same type of people that would buy/wear the Jesus is a C clothing, would be the same type of people who would wear an avatar like yours on a t shirt.  And that is not starting a fight.. that is sharing my opinion which I think is quite valid and THIS is what is annoying you.

So all of this was over a single line I placed in my first post that was a light hearted joke. Englishgent took it to the next level and then you continued it.. So dont dare claim I'm trying to start a fight. You only have to read from the start to see who started what.

Edited by Kazahel, 17 February 2012 - 07:05 AM.


#45    Dougal

Dougal

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined:01 Apr 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manchester UK

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 February 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

Can you explain to me what the difference in definition is?

Heck, I'll tell you to save a few posts.
One can be used in a derogatory manner as in You Useless Piece of S**** Yet I am referring to it as unwanted waste isn't it. Maybe that is a bit too technical I do not now, but I am not to be blamed for the ignorance of others. I am not using to describe another person, I am using it to categorise information. You are talking about an adjective, I am talking about a noun.

So what exactly is your avatar saying? How is the image you're using better to describe it than say, a rubbish bin with a cross over it?

Personally I don't see the problem with the shirt. I mean ofc if you find it personally offensive you can complain about it, but banning it is too far in my opinion.

Edit for epic fail grammar.

Edited by Dougal, 17 February 2012 - 10:35 AM.

"Science is simply common sense at its best that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic." Thomas Henry Huxley English biologist.
"Shall I refuse my dinner because I do not fully understand the process of digestion?" Oliver Heaviside English physicist.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users