Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Did President Eisenhower meet with aliens ?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#16    Tiger In A Tie

Tiger In A Tie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• Can't go wrong with a tie!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:24 PM

View Postbouncer, on 16 February 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Do not! Do not...apply current logic to 40 or 50 years ago. I suspect 40 or 50 years ago the presidents did many things....'unaccounted for' and had free time unobserved..

The article says there were "many witnesses", which would leave me to believe he was not alone during these supposed "encounters". And sorry, but your suspicion is not enough for me to firmly believe he had contacts with ET's. Like Scowl said, there are just not enough details given to support the claims. If this is researched further and more solid evidence is found/revealed, I'd certainly be interested in reading it. But right now, with the little information we have, I'm a skeptic on this one.

#17    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:40 PM

View PostTiger In A Tie, on 16 February 2012 - 07:24 PM, said:

The article says there were "many witnesses", which would leave me to believe he was not alone during these supposed "encounters". And sorry, but your suspicion is not enough for me to firmly believe he had contacts with ET's. Like Scowl said, there are just not enough details given to support the claims. If this is researched further and more solid evidence is found/revealed, I'd certainly be interested in reading it. But right now, with the little information we have, I'm a skeptic on this one.

welcome to sceptic land! Many folk inhabit it with you?

#18    Tiger In A Tie

Tiger In A Tie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• Can't go wrong with a tie!

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

View Postbouncer, on 16 February 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

I can't speak for everybody :P But for myself, I'm fine with it.

#19    Spock_the_Future

Spock_the_Future

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

And we are all Martian's eh.. ?  :devil:   :yes:  :yes:

And a lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths.

I am a bad subject for polls, I believe almost anything.

#20    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 5,983 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:01 PM

It just doesn't make sense that a species that is capable of interstellar travel would come to Earth and have secret meetings with our government. Why Earth? Certainly not for the resources. If you can travel between the stars than there are plenty of places that are easier to farm for resources.  And if the resource in question is people, then why not just create your own species to do your slave labor? If you can figure out possible FTL travel, then I'm sure you can figure out how to grow your own slaves.  
I can't think of one legitimate reason for ET's to have secret contact with the US government. Don't get me wrong, it would be cool and all, I just don't see the feasibility of it.

"You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla."

"It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired - you quit when the gorilla is tired."

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#21    encouraged

encouraged

Astral Projection

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 03:59 AM

Interesting article.

#22    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:23 AM

View Postbouncer, on 16 February 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Yes, because as Benjamin Franklin once said, three can keep a secret if two are dead.

#23    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 17 February 2012 - 04:42 AM

I just find it hard to believe when they say things like, ''there were many witnesses''
Where are all these alleged witnesses? And why have none of these witnesses come forth to say they were present when this alleged meeting took place?
You're not going to tell me that they were all the type of person who will never tell. One person did (or made up the story) so why not the others?  
This would have been the biggest story ever. Bigger even than any biblical story.
IMO it is a load of codswallop :)

#24    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 33,904 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:00 AM

I know that many people see this as viable, if not in this thread, but I do not understand why people would believe it, What has this supposed meeting accomplished? And did they just sit down and agree to keep the rest of the world in the dark? We have no major technology inovations, each and every invention has a long history associated with it, so I do not see any advantage there. I really think Eisenhower's personal pursuits i.e. Eisenhower, who was president from 1953 to 1961, is known to have had a strong belief in life on other planets. are more likely what stared tongues wagging and created a chinese whisper that is still going strong today.
I do not see what this important meeting culminated in.

Indeed Englishgent, where are all these witnesses?

Edited by psyche101, 17 February 2012 - 05:01 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#25    Mike D boy

Mike D boy

...from the Desert...

• 2,676 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

The Majestic 12 can't keep this under wraps forever, because it's too good to be true...someone please confirm the hard evidence or the news source. Eyewitnesses present in the alledged event about 60 years ago still alive today should be at least be allowed to discuss what they saw and encountered any aliens in the air base. We need proof positive or off to the trashbin it goes.  <_<

Edited by Mike the Autist-ic, 17 February 2012 - 10:53 AM.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#26    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

View Postbouncer, on 16 February 2012 - 05:49 PM, said:

Do not! Do not...apply current logic to 40 or 50 years ago. I suspect 40 or 50 years ago the presidents did many things....'unaccounted for' and had free time unobserved..
I am not! I am not applying "current logic", only facts. Please read the biography of any American president in the 20th century. The Secret Service is required to guard the safety of the President every second and that leaves a paper trail and witnesses with actual names. Hell, Eisenhower's entire gigantic 21 volume biography known as "The Eisenhower Papers" is even online and entirely searchable. Good luck finding the part where he's "unaccounted for" and "had free time unobserved" to chat with aliens.

Watergate showed how the president's movements are so restricted that it was nearly impossible for him to do anything sneaky on his own. He needs a group of conspirators. It also showed that the President's own paper trail can't be destroyed.

Presidents do go on vacations which would be perfect for them to "sneak off" and visit beings from other planets, but hoaxers aren't going to bother to look up when presidents had been on vacations because that would be work, even when a president's biography is on the Internet. Even worse, it could be wrong and the hoaxer will have to apply another layer of conspiracy.

Edited by scowl, 17 February 2012 - 06:03 PM.

#27    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,477 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:05 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 February 2012 - 05:00 AM, said:

I know that many people see this as viable, if not in this thread, but I do not understand why people would believe it, What has this supposed meeting accomplished? And did they just sit down and agree to keep the rest of the world in the dark? We have no major technology inovations, each and every invention has a long history associated with it, so I do not see any advantage there. I really think Eisenhower's personal pursuits i.e. Eisenhower, who was president from 1953 to 1961, is known to have had a strong belief in life on other planets. are more likely what stared tongues wagging and created a chinese whisper that is still going strong today.
I do not see what this important meeting culminated in.

Indeed Englishgent, where are all these witnesses?

I have always thought that Eisenhower was actually The real E.T King ! Bigger than all of his followers! But Still the King E.T ! Just Look at this man !
Those eyes follow you everywhere ! :wacko:

Attached Thumbnails

• 1922.jpg

This is a Work in Progress!

#28    27vet

27vet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

• Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:17 PM

Anyone seen "Mars Attacks"?

#29    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Post27vet, on 17 February 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

Anyone seen "Mars Attacks"?

course. why?