Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

IF this all existed? What then?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1    G3N0M3

G3N0M3

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

• Reality is a concept of man - Therefore reality is what man makes of it.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

I posted another topic like this in the UFO section and would like too see what this section has to say about the whole subject.

If we had the proper science to be able to measure this function; which we will within 100 years, what will happen? Will it be good or bad for society?

When I think about this part of the whole subject, for me it comes down to whether or not our world culture is able to handle such a drastic understanding of the universe in such a short time. Thankfully with the internet and availability of information now we can through this 100 years and be able to change. Already my generation and all generations after me will be living in this new change. It's how we handle this, our generation...

World religions would crumble, entire beliefs would be null and whoever believes in anything else BUT the existance of science is deemed crazy or fanatical. If people still believed in god, etc. they might be considered cultists.

I believe it would be good for society in the long run, but short term it will cause mass hysteria and riots across all the cities of the world, from religious devouts now not believing in Hell to keep them from murdering or stealing... There will be mass rejection of the religion; killing thousands maybe millions by way of suicide. Entire organizations will break down in the mass collapse... from mass withdrawls from banks to no-one showing up for work. Christian and other religious groups who spend their time helping people will no longer be helping all the needy, sick and poor.

This I believe would only happen if we were to instantly KNOW that this subject exists, if it is within 100 years I believe that religion will be nearly gone within that time. For the fact that 90% of the people in my generation that are religious, were made to be religious by their parents. Our generation and our future generations I predict would not force religion on their children because of technology.

Well that's my thought on the subject, have at it people!

Need answers to many questions? Give me a shout I can help you out!
Posted Image

#2    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,016 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 17 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

I read your post three times.  I still don't see what this "knowledge/subject" is referring to...
As far as "religions" being gone in one hundred years - I agree.  There won't be a need for faith any longer when God makes Himself manifest with us.  It will no longer be a mystery.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#3    G3N0M3

G3N0M3

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:03 PM

View Postand then, on 17 February 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

I read your post three times.  I still don't see what this "knowledge/subject" is referring to...
As far as "religions" being gone in one hundred years - I agree.  There won't be a need for faith any longer when God makes Himself manifest with us.  It will no longer be a mystery.

The fact it is posted in the "Ghosts, Hauntings & The Paranormal" section... it might be talking about... Ghosts and The Paranormal?

If I posted that title in the Philosophy section... that could mean a whole different ball-game and a completely different subject. This is referring to the Forum Section... Each section is a different subject, people talk about those subjects within that Forum Section.

Posted Image

#4    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Are you saying that religion would die off if we were able to scientifically prove the existence of ghosts and other paranormal activities?  I don't see that as a necessary consequence.  There are a number of religions which acknowledge paranormal activity.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#5    Jack Griffin

Jack Griffin

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostG3N0M3, on 17 February 2012 - 07:03 PM, said:

The fact it is posted in the "Ghosts, Hauntings & The Paranormal" section... it might be talking about... Ghosts and The Paranormal?

If I posted that title in the Philosophy section... that could mean a whole different ball-game and a completely different subject. This is referring to the Forum Section... Each section is a different subject, people talk about those subjects within that Forum Section.

To be fair, your question got mired in your rhetoric. I am having a little trouble trying to figure out exactly what you're asking as well.

You're talking about all this as a foregone conclusion...?

Usually we wait to see what are test results tell us before we start making guesses as to what the far reaching sociological effects will be.

I believe that what you're asking is, what the world wide reaction will be when Ghosts, Hauntings & the Paranormal were proven to really exist in a measurable way...?

I don't honestly see much changing. It doesn't really effect peoples daily lives, so there isn't much to "change". Same as any other major scientific discovery. Some ingenious folks will find a way to work with that knowledge, turn it into something useful. For the most part, people will talk about it for a few years, it will become common place, and eventually it will be as regular as an electric lightbulb.

#6    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:02 PM

I too am a little confused. You're stating your theory of the future is: science will eradicate the need for religion.

I don't believe so.

I am not a religious person, but I see that there is a need for it. People need to feel there's more to life than what they have. Religion gives them a sense of purpose, a future.

Plus science is a continuous movement - the more they understand, the more questions it raises. Science has answered many questions, but in doing so has simply made it possible to ask many more, deeper, complex questions. We will never understand everything!

#7    G3N0M3

G3N0M3

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 17 February 2012 - 08:29 PM

Both great posts, it may have been better for me to state it in a more objective way, yes sorry about that.

I also believe the same as the last post, but the whole thing is, it will then be spirituality instead of religion. Religion you are worshiping something, making you less than what you are to overcome whatever obsticle in your way. In spirituality you just are, and learn from "being". Much how philosophy looks at problems.

I also agree with science being falsefiable. That is what makes today's day and age so hillarious, with the debates it is always only one way or the other, but what about it is both just at different states at different times.

**Edit**

I would like to also point out that I'm not stating this as FACT and that I am saying "When I think about this part of the whole subject, for me it comes down to..."

Furthermore I continued "I believe it would be good for society in the long run..." ALSO "This I believe would only happen if we were to instantly KNOW that this subject exists..."

Not once did I say, this is fact, at the start of every paragragh I said I believe, I think... etc.

I was just asking what other people think would happen in the sittuation.

Edited by G3N0M3, 17 February 2012 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

#8    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:18 AM

Hi G3NOM3
Im a little bit confused  to be honest.
I dont know if you are intimating scientists are actually trying to prove, beyond any doubt, that God doesnt exist.

If they are, why are they doing this?
How could this benefit mankind?

nyuk

#9    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

What the ? Ghosts are gonna what ? All he talks about is religion, but you should understand if he puts it into the ghosts, hauntings, and paranormal section, that should tell you the subject matter ? I'm not confused, I'm totally mystified !

#10    ParanormallyJustARedNeck

ParanormallyJustARedNeck

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

• "If one regards oneself as a skeptic, it is a good plan to have occasional doubts about one's skepticism"
    -Sigmund Freud

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

Yeah this post is a little confusing, at first I thought it was trying to be said that science would ultimately dispell God and the Paranormal or Ghost and Hauntings but now it seems as if it's attempted to be said that science will ultimately vindiacte the existence of an afterlife and the paranormal. If the latter is the case I hope with all my heart that is true, I believe it would ultimately bring peace upon the face of the earth but I still need it to be cleared up, which one is it :lol:

#11    Tia

Tia

The Naughty Angel.

• 6,274 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 11:22 AM

I think he's asking if science proved that spirits existed how would it change societies views on the world around them. Most Christian religions believe that death is the end, that we go on to be with either God or to hell.

For me I'm a non-practising Catholic but I have a strong believe in God / Jehovah, at the same time from personal experience I believe in spirits both good and bad just as there are good and bad people.

This wouldn't change nothing nor my children as I answer all their questions and teach them as much as possible thus allowing them to make up their own minds. I'd be more shocked if they were shocked lol.

As for the average person who follows a certain way of life out of fear of Gods wraith well who knows.....

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. Gandhi.
HEY I WON!

#12    Judeaous

Judeaous

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• Your mind will never "play tricks" on you. Ghosts will....

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:01 AM

If I smoked 2 joints I'd know exactly what you ment!! ...,, but they drug test me at work now...  You do seem to care!!  (about what I have know idea)... Just kidding.... Were you saying that science will within 100 years prove religion, the supernatural, and anything else Devine to be false.... But if it happens more sudden.... Disastrous things as you mentioned will occur??    If that be it...    I disagree,

Today's paranormal researchers err....by clinging to the skirts of science, who's naturalistic viewpoint CAN NEVER allow for the bearing of any fruit.
Not unlike studying the fundamentals of American Democracy, by referencing MEIN KOMPF.

#13    nyuk

nyuk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:07 AM

View PostJudeaous, on 19 February 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:

If I smoked 2 joints I'd know exactly what you ment!! ...,, but they drug test me at work now...  You do seem to care!!  (about what I have know idea)... Just kidding.... Were you saying that science will within 100 years prove religion, the supernatural, and anything else Devine to be false.... But if it happens more sudden.... Disastrous things as you mentioned will occur??    If that be it...    I disagree,

Hya Jude,
You smoking herbal ciggies ;)
Well, im still confused, so im gonna go along with Jude on this one.
That means i dissagree as well :)

#14    trancelikestate

trancelikestate

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:31 AM

If ghosts were proven real it wouldn't dissolve religion, in fact I think more people would become religious knowing that the atheist view of nothing after death was proven wrong

#15    hilton1337

hilton1337

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:29 AM

i agree and disagree with this in a couple of bits,

At the moment this subject has a interest from only a small amount of the world's population, most of the younger generation's are too busy chasing girls/boys, school, friends etc etc they haven't got time or want to know much about this, a survey was done in our town about ghost's and spirit's ... 90% of them knew ghost and spirits from the likes of 'Paranormal Activity' no discussion forums or paranormal websites just the average crappy movie, these are the type of people that are going to cause the mass hysteria from not knowing

how old is the youngest member in UM

I'm a true believer in afterlife... at the end of the day we are unique, our soul is what makes us unique, without a soul your nothing but cattle and waste really just a empty vessel plodding along, from this belief i also believe that we are not alone and we are being studied because of our soul from E.T's (i have posted on other page)

why is it so hard to believe that there are other beings in this universe because at the end of the day, your breathing and using technology we thought wouldn't exist in the start of 1900's, we evolved and advanced our discovery (circuit boards) this is just with humans, animals have also showed signs of evolving and can work complex maze's, at first we thought we knew it all about life and what was needed to survive yet life has still been found in acid pits and thriving...

All these 'cover up' stories and crap doesn't help, when they do show them self (E.T) and i honestly think they will soon enough, what are the governments going to say, 'this is our first ever contact in the history of mankind.....' what about all the other contact we have had but it has been hiding from us or the truth has been bent in a way to cover the truth, that is when looting is going to be more likely, who is going to want to help there government if you are told they have been lying and cheating you from day one...

we have always shown signs of being hostile, we have always shown signs that no one have fair rights when it comes to government, even your own body , if it was discovered that i could bend or use the natural elements from my fingertips, i would be taken away for testing and i bet against my own will.... ok this does sound far fetched but its the example im trying to use and this could be happening today (held against will)

more to follow but i have ran out of time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users