Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Bird Flu Research


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,197 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

http://www.nytimes.c...e-released.html

What do you think?  Scientific freedom to publish trumps chance of terror induced pandemic?

  Imagination is the power in the turn of a phrase.

#2    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,357 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2008

Posted 19 February 2012 - 03:23 AM

View Postand then, on 18 February 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

http://www.nytimes.c...e-released.html

What do you think?  Scientific freedom to publish trumps chance of terror induced pandemic?


Well, unfortunately viruses are much easier to work with than anthrax which requires a high tech lab.  although anthrax is a better weapon because it is easier to control, it does not spread from person to person.  If you attacked a country with an influenza virus it would most likely come back to you.  Then again, there are people who would not care.  I think Russia proved that when they tried to weaponize smallpox, which would definitely come back to them if they ever used it. Although this is important work and should be available to scientists.  Viruses are so easy to mutate these days, if a terrorist really wanted to do this kind of work, they would not need this information to do it.


#3    Karlis

Karlis

  • Member
  • 8,614 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

US reviews research risks amid bird-flu debate.
By LAURAN NEERGAARD - AP Medical Writer - Associated Press      Friday, March 30, 2012

The Obama administration is ordering a government-wide review of  scientific research that could raise biosecurity concerns in the wake of  fierce controversy over some man-made strains of the deadly bird flu.

The work triggered international debate when the U.S. government  urged that details be kept secret so would-be terrorists couldn't copy  the strains, and critics worried that a lab accident might allow the  viruses to escape. But flu experts meeting at the World Health  Organization disagreed, saying the research should be published  eventually.

The researchers have said the airborne virus didn't  actually kill the ferrets and that publishing their findings would help  other scientists monitor bird flu's evolution in the wild as well as  test vaccines and treatments. The government will consider the  biosecurity advisers' recommendations as it decides next steps.
Source


#4    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,245 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

Not if the live virus is in the vaccines they're frightening everyone into getting.
2 tons of live bird flu virus was "accidentally" put into the vaccine they had planned to give entire populations,but it was discoverer first.
I mean with all the hype that bird flu virus pandemic is coming ! You'd think at least 12 people would have gotten it by now.
Same with H1N1.
If we had all run out and gotten the vaccination,there would have been a pandemic,but people kind of got wise to all of this.
So yah,its a bio weapon that they put into the vaccines,so it's totally controlled.

Miss me?

#5    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,357 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2008

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 05 April 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

Not if the live virus is in the vaccines they're frightening everyone into getting.
2 tons of live bird flu virus was "accidentally" put into the vaccine they had planned to give entire populations,but it was discoverer first.
I mean with all the hype that bird flu virus pandemic is coming ! You'd think at least 12 people would have gotten it by now.
Same with H1N1.
If we had all run out and gotten the vaccination,there would have been a pandemic,but people kind of got wise to all of this.
So yah,its a bio weapon that they put into the vaccines,so it's totally controlled.

I have never seen such nonsense in all my life, H1N1 is a bird flu virus and it was the most common seasonal flu in 2009.  Also, if they found the live bird flu virus before it went out, then no one was at risk.  Could you just learn a tiny bit before posting things?  It is not helpful to post things you do not understand.


#6    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,245 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Yup,you're the one saying it cannot be controlled ,or it will come back to them.Well,instill panic,tell everyone to get the vaccines,and voila,controlled epidemic.

I know...i know...i know nothing about this.
Uh huh.
*rolls eyes*

Miss me?

#7    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

    Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

  • Member
  • 8,245 posts
  • Joined:26 Feb 2012
  • Location:Rim of hell

  • ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

View PostFurthurBB, on 05 April 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

I have never seen such nonsense in all my life, H1N1 is a bird flu virus and it was the most common seasonal flu in 2009.  Also, if they found the live bird flu virus before it went out, then no one was at risk.  Could you just learn a tiny bit before posting things?  It is not helpful to post things you do not understand.
http://www.infowars....70409Baxter.htm

The only one around here with no clue,is you.
But you can keep saying it's me,if it makes you feel better.

Miss me?

#8    FurthurBB

FurthurBB

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,357 posts
  • Joined:21 May 2008

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 05 April 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

http://www.infowars....70409Baxter.htm

The only one around here with no clue,is you.
But you can keep saying it's me,if it makes you feel better.

That article does nothing to prove you know a thing. H1N1 is a bird flu, apparently you had no idea.  H1N1 was the most common seasonal flu in 2009, another thing you had no idea about.  Sometimes contamination happens, if it is caught before the vaccine is sent out then no one is at risk from getting it if they receive a vaccination, apparently this common sense is beyond you.  I do not need to tell myself anything, you keep telling me.  Neither makes me feel any better because I am sure you will keep on with this nonsense and convince others who also have no idea.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users