Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Anything new on the Rendlesham Forest case?

Flibbertigibbet

Or has it pretty much been accepted that it was the lighthouse?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flibbertigibbet

• Space Commander Travis

• Mr.United_Nations

• Robbo

yes, I was wondering about this. The Rational explanation has always seemed a bit flimsy, but I suppose that people will never question a Rational explanation as much as they will any other suggestion, will they, so maybe people have decided that the Lighthouse theory is Rational, so they're content to leave it at that.

Don't know what to make of it, but the lighthouse theory seems more incredible than actual UFOs to me. The lighthouse in question had been around for a long time before the incident and never caused any stir.

Whatever it was, alien starship has to be on the bottom of the list.

I don't buy the lighthouse answer...anyone with a brain stem can figure out what a lighthouse is. The only bit I find interesting is when Halt says he saw molten metal dripping off 'it'. However, there are numerous things it could have been and alien spaceships are very unlikely - The story has kinda lost whatever credibility it had when the other guy came out and said he was receiving binary messages.

I don't buy the lighthouse answer...anyone with a brain stem can figure out what a lighthouse is. The only bit I find interesting is when Halt says he saw molten metal dripping off 'it'. However, there are numerous things it could have been and alien spaceships are very unlikely - The story has kinda lost whatever credibility it had when the other guy came out and said he was receiving binary messages.

Bear in mind that when they saw the molten metal and other weird things, they were looking through a starscope, which distorts images.

Has any of them made any real money from it all? (Besides a few books)...I'm trying to figure out what they'd all have to gain from a hoax. It has however been discussed to death multiple times and I doubt there will be anything new other than anniversaries of the event...since its 2012; I'm expecting some embarrassingly narrated UFO show in which they can wheel out all of the nutters of the past decade.

Bear in mind that when they saw the molten metal and other weird things, they were looking through a starscope, which distorts images.

Mind you, there was something flying around at the time, radar picked it up, could it be a secret Russian craft? This was heading towards the end of the cold war mind you.

Mind you, there was something flying around at the time, radar picked it up, could it be a secret Russian craft? This was heading towards the end of the cold war mind you.

Not sure anything was flying around. If you look at something in the distance (say, a lighthouse through mist), which you think is a lot closer, it will appear to move as you move, against a background of nearer objects, such as trees.

Lighthouses flash in a sequence though. No matter what the weather conditions - you'll always be able to tell its a lighthouse...plus they're usually a tourist attraction (for some reason) so it will be signposted throughout the town so they would have known there was a lighthouse nearby. Weren't they close enough to touch it and write down some alleged symbols too?

Lighthouses flash in a sequence though. No matter what the weather conditions - you'll always be able to tell its a lighthouse...plus they're usually a tourist attraction (for some reason) so it will be signposted throughout the town so they would have known there was a lighthouse nearby. Weren't they close enough to touch it and write down some alleged symbols too?

On the tape the men say when the light is on and off, and it matches the duration of the lighthouse rotation exactly.

The stuff with the symbols happened on an earlier night and there's only one real witness.

I think the key is the date, namely Christmas. Halt was even at a party. Though they've denied it, I think they were probably drunk.

Not sure anything was flying around. If you look at something in the distance (say, a lighthouse through mist), which you think is a lot closer, it will appear to move as you move, against a background of nearer objects, such as trees.

No there was something. I don't think it was a lighthouse as otherwise as people will take pictures or still talk about it.

On the tape the men say when the light is on and off, and it matches the duration of the lighthouse rotation exactly.

The stuff with the symbols happened on an earlier night and there's only one real witness.

I think the key is the date, namely Christmas. Halt was even at a party. Though they've denied it, I think they were probably drunk.

I know that people often treat the competence of the U.S. armed forces with some degree of disdain, but they were on duty, guarding an Air Force base, on which (I believe) Nuclear weapons were stored? This theory sounds as much a search for a Simple explanation as the Lighthouse.

Edited by 747400

What part(s) of the incident is under discussion?

There are some strange ideas here about Orford Ness lighthouse being in a town (what town?), but there is little doubt that Halt's party were observing the lighthouse as they made their night-time investigation on 28 December; listen to the Halt tape, the frequency of flashes of the light they were observing matches that of the lighthouse beam.

I remember reading an article in the paper a few years back where a lorry driver who's lorry full of some sort of fertiliser caught fire as he was driving near the base on the same night. He said the fertiliser caused the fire to be really bright and burn with funny colours. It could be a load of bull but that's just what I remember reading.

I saw a program that interviewed the lighthouse keeper and he was never happy with that explanation as it has a cover and always had a cover that stopped it shining at any of the air bases.

I remember reading an article in the paper a few years back where a lorry driver who's lorry full of some sort of fertiliser caught fire as he was driving near the base on the same night. He said the fertiliser caused the fire to be really bright and burn with funny colours. It could be a load of bull but that's just what I remember reading.

I believe it was indeed a load of bull, yes. :unsure2: