Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Would you take an ID marker?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#16    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,141 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:04 AM

Thing of it is, though, that a universal monetary system is all but inevitable.  

This is one of those prophecies that, given several millenia, will inevitably come to pass.

#17    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,470 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:33 AM

Why is a chip or ID interpreted as the mark of the beast?

#18    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,141 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:32 AM

Process of elimination?  

It sure as heck hasn't been anything else that people have accused it of being?

Edit:  Although, I wonder how biometrics would factor into that particular prophecy?  If wave your hand over a scanner and it reads your handprint, would that count?   If a scanner recognizes your retina or your face, would that still be the mark of the beast?

Honestly, I would not be surprised if technology leapfrogged right over the implantable chip.

Edited by aquatus1, 20 February 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#19    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,295 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:07 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 20 February 2012 - 09:32 AM, said:

Honestly, I would not be surprised if technology leapfrogged right over the implantable chip.

It has already has it not.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#20    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,141 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:04 PM

Hmm...not quite yet.  Getting there, but not quite yet.

#21    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,295 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:12 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 20 February 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

Hmm...not quite yet.  Getting there, but not quite yet.

I gues your right. However I have been assigned a number, many of them since birth. If I get hit by a car the hospital knows who I am through many means. A chip would be better though.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 20 February 2012 - 11:13 PM.

#22    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,141 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yes it would, but being able to uniquely identify you without an assigned number would be even better.;)

If my suspicions are correct, we are headed towards technology that can quickly and reliably scan at the microscopic level on multiple points.  Instead of your personal information being tied to a single point of failure (a single assigned number), it becomes tied to you on a microscopic level, where not even your clone can pass himself off as you.

#23    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,624 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

If I've done the math correctly, a system with 13 unique markers would yield over 6 billion combinations.  Perhaps something could be injected into the bloodstream; for Silver Thong's car accident, that would allow you to be identified regardless of the status of your body.

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#24    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,295 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

View Postaquatus1, on 20 February 2012 - 11:22 PM, said:

Yes it would, but being able to uniquely identify you without an assigned number would be even better.;)

If my suspicions are correct, we are headed towards technology that can quickly and reliably scan at the microscopic level on multiple points.  Instead of your personal information being tied to a single point of failure (a single assigned number), it becomes tied to you on a microscopic level, where not even your clone can pass himself off as you.

That is just around the corner. No matter what we are just numbers. Sounds cold but true.  

I have no kids but don't they poke them in the foot when born and from that could id us for life using dna.  I think we (I) might be over thinking this lol  wait scanning ones blood (dna) with out being jabed with a needle is right in front of us.

Mark of the beast,second comming the four horseman, naaaaa progress as far as we know. To equate this with any religious meaning is useless and fear mongering.

#25    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,295 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

View PostJ. K., on 20 February 2012 - 11:47 PM, said:

If I've done the math correctly, a system with 13 unique markers would yield over 6 billion combinations.  Perhaps something could be injected into the bloodstream; for Silver Thong's car accident, that would allow you to be identified regardless of the status of your body.

DNA

Nothing would be needed to be injected into me to know who I was. Did I just restate your point lol

#26    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,951 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 20 February 2012 - 08:33 AM, said:

Why is a chip or ID interpreted as the mark of the beast?
The "mark" will be on the right hand or forehead.  If it is to be used to allow people to transact business then the assumption is that it is a unique ID of some sort.  But it is just an assumption.  Some folks think it could be a tattoo that is scanable.  The RFID chip is easily implanted and can tie the individual to a database entry based on a 16 digit number.  Since technology IS advancing so rapidly it may be obsolete soon.  Skeptics will denounce anything that seems to fit the prophecy but they never seem to care that they're discussing methods and technologies that actually do something that could not have been dreamed of when the prophecy was written.  Sure, a mark of some kind was in use back then to ID slaves or other property.  But the prophecy covered all the earth.  Today that could be accomplished.  It would require a lot of money but it could be done and the very nature of government is to trend towards absolute control.  So the prophecy takes less and less faith to believe as the years pass.
Reminds me of a quote by Aragorn in the Two Towers:Do we walk in legends or on the green earth in the daylight?'

A man may do both, For not we but those who come after will make the legends of our time. The green earth, say you? That is a mighty matter of legend, though you tread it under the light of day! [answering Éothain of Rohan]

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#27    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 20,141 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

So, the whole "It'll happen!  It may take a hundred years...or a thousand...or two thousand...and it may not actually be a mark...and it may not actually be only on the hand or the forehead...but, hey, it will happen!" doesn't really bother you?

I mean, are you really so comfortable referring it to it as a divine prophecy if we can just change any part of it willy-nilly?  Seems like a pretty open-ended type of thing to do, you know?

#28    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,951 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

View Postaquatus1, on 21 February 2012 - 09:54 AM, said:

So, the whole "It'll happen!  It may take a hundred years...or a thousand...or two thousand...and it may not actually be a mark...and it may not actually be only on the hand or the forehead...but, hey, it will happen!" doesn't really bother you?

I mean, are you really so comfortable referring it to it as a divine prophecy if we can just change any part of it willy-nilly?  Seems like a pretty open-ended type of thing to do, you know?
Very comfortable.  Why is it so difficult for you to grasp(or accept) that there are folks in the world who have what you'd call blind faith?  It seems to offend something in your nature.  That's not my intent by posting my beliefs.  You discount anything as prophecy unless it meets your criteria  of happening at a specific time/place.  Assuming you believe in any prophecy (which I doubt) Jeremiah predicted the end of Israel about 40 years before the Babylonians conquered it.  He didn't give a date.  But it happened just as he said.  He also predicted the diaspora in Babylon would last 70 years which was precisely correct.  Before you waste both our time by refuting the importance of this - I SURRENDER!
It gets old trying to explain myself and prove every statement I make about my opinions and beliefs.  If others here think I'm not worth the time to discuss things with then they can ignore me or excoriate me.  I'm just here like everyone else - to enjoy the company and the discussions.
I've recently chosen to "ignore" a couple of members here who seem to make it a hobby to follow me from thread to thread so they can explain to me what a dimwit I am.  I understand that my arguments are often weak by the standards used here but I do the best I can.  I'm neither a PhD nor a debate champion.  I finally took the extreme step of ignoring them because it was obvious we would probably never agree on anything and it was a waste of my time reading the thinly veiled insults.  Nothing productive there...
And I did not say "it may not actually be a mark"  just that the chip may not be THE mark.  I fully believe that an identifier will be used at some point future to segregate believers from the rest of humanity.  Why do I believe this?  Because it was written in a text that I consider to be the utterance of a Creator God.  If this makes me an idiot in your eyes - so be it.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#29    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,470 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

View Postand then, on 21 February 2012 - 09:36 AM, said:

The "mark" will be on the right hand or forehead.  If it is to be used to allow people to transact business then the assumption is that it is a unique ID of some sort.  But it is just an assumption.  Some folks think it could be a tattoo that is scanable.  The RFID chip is easily implanted and can tie the individual to a database entry based on a 16 digit number.  Since technology IS advancing so rapidly it may be obsolete soon.  Skeptics will denounce anything that seems to fit the prophecy but they never seem to care that they're discussing methods and technologies that actually do something that could not have been dreamed of when the prophecy was written.  Sure, a mark of some kind was in use back then to ID slaves or other property.  But the prophecy covered all the earth.  Today that could be accomplished.  It would require a lot of money but it could be done and the very nature of government is to trend towards absolute control.  So the prophecy takes less and less faith to believe as the years pass.
If the ID is on the left hand does it throw your whole theory out?

This is confirmation bias, grasp on to anything that is remotely similar and run with it.

#30    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,951 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 21 February 2012 - 12:17 PM, said:

If the ID is on the left hand does it throw your whole theory out?

This is confirmation bias, grasp on to anything that is remotely similar and run with it.
I'm not familiar with "confirmation bias" but I'll research it.  It's not my theory it's a prophecy from a 3000 year old book.  The book says the mark will be in the right hand or forehead.  There are many commentaries that dispute each other over the exact meaning. But the location of the mark is not in dispute. My point is that when the prediction was made by John of Patmos about 2000 years ago there was no known way for it to be done.  The proof will be if it does actually happen.  Today's technology makes it plausible that a globally interconnected system of credit could be put in place that could be restricted from certain individuals based on whether or not they willingly accept a unique identifier.  A tattoo or chip or some other device that can be used as that identifier would be the "mark".
The point of the post was to have people ponder what they would do if such a thing DOES occur in their lifetimes.  It's obvious that most would choose to go along and not question it.  Most but not all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users