Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Test tube hamburgers to be served this year


  • Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#16    Verneph

Verneph

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined:11 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • I probably think too much...

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

View Postburt_ie, on 22 February 2012 - 07:02 PM, said:

I bet mc Donalds are rubbing their hands over this!

I bet they aren't. It's probably far, far cheaper for them to keep using actual meat.


#17    Cryptozological Mascot

Cryptozological Mascot

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Joined:24 Apr 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vancouver, WA

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

Spam?


#18    qtom946

qtom946

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Joined:09 Nov 2003

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:32 PM

The only thing I would know, it would be good for being out of this world..


#19    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostVerneph, on 22 February 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

I bet they aren't. It's probably far, far cheaper for them to keep using actual meat.


Actual meat? LMFAO

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#20    Child of Bast

Child of Bast

    Queen of the UM Asylum

  • Member
  • 6,149 posts
  • Joined:17 Jan 2008
  • Gender:Female

  • The Mad Hatter: "Have I gone mad?"
    Alice: "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers.But I'll tell you a secret: all the best people are."

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:16 PM

View PostCryptozological Mascot, on 22 February 2012 - 08:42 PM, said:

Spam?

Yep. Definitely stuff posing as meat. :ph34r:

No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness. ~ Aristotle

#21    ROGER

ROGER

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,563 posts
  • Joined:26 Aug 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern Wisconsin,USA

  • Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:34 AM

Well this says it all.

We pray for one last landing/ On the planet that gave us birth/ Let us rest our eyes on the fleecy skies/ And the cool, green hills of Earth.
Robert A. Heinlein

#22    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

    tinfoil

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined:12 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:down under

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

this faux-meat has been around for some time now, the hurdle was people were reluctant to eat it.
apparently 72% of people still have common sense and maintain they will refuse to eat this meat.

good.

what's next? stretch milk a little further by adding melamine? oh wait, that's been done.

[edit] ...and this new faux-meat, that's going to be "owned" by a company, isn't it? ..and they're protected by various laws so they don't have to disclose their chemical secrets on their food packaging labels.. hmmm, i can see where all this is going to end up...

Edited by unit, 23 February 2012 - 09:49 AM.

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#23    Paracelse

Paracelse

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 4,074 posts
  • Joined:02 Mar 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:France

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:49 AM

Screeww peta methink to start growing my own meat.  Thank goodness I never went to macdonald

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#24    Verneph

Verneph

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined:11 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • I probably think too much...

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostCoffey, on 22 February 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Actual meat? LMFAO

Yes, actual meat:

http://www.squidoo.c...er-meat-made-of


#25    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:36 PM

View PostVerneph, on 23 February 2012 - 05:39 PM, said:



Funny that, cause it's BS. I've eaten Mcdonalds burgers just like 90% of the western world. They taste like cardboard if you take away the sauce etc. Compare a McDonals burger to a real beef burger or a steak. It's absolutely rank.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#26    Verneph

Verneph

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • Joined:11 May 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • I probably think too much...

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostCoffey, on 23 February 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

Funny that, cause it's BS. I've eaten Mcdonalds burgers just like 90% of the western world. They taste like cardboard if you take away the sauce etc. Compare a McDonals burger to a real beef burger or a steak. It's absolutely rank.

Except that I've always eaten mine plain since I was a child and they've always tasted good to me. You could argue this about a lot of burger chains. They all taste different. Personally, I've always found Wendy's burgers to be the best kind while I find Burger King's to be absolutely awful which makes their name seem hilariously ironic.  Comparing any kind of burger to a steak isn't fair at all as I have never, ever, eaten a hamburger from anywhere that tasted like steak.

To each his own, I suppose. I've met plenty of people who don't like McDonald's food. I don't eat there that often myself on the grounds that I'd prefer to avoid a heart attack before I'm thirty, but I'd never say their food tastes bad (Except their apples. Those are the cheapest apples I've ever barely stomached in my life).


#27    Coffey

Coffey

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,671 posts
  • Joined:09 Oct 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Norwich UK

  • "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostVerneph, on 24 February 2012 - 04:12 PM, said:

Except that I've always eaten mine plain since I was a child and they've always tasted good to me. You could argue this about a lot of burger chains. They all taste different. Personally, I've always found Wendy's burgers to be the best kind while I find Burger King's to be absolutely awful which makes their name seem hilariously ironic.  Comparing any kind of burger to a steak isn't fair at all as I have never, ever, eaten a hamburger from anywhere that tasted like steak.

To each his own, I suppose. I've met plenty of people who don't like McDonald's food. I don't eat there that often myself on the grounds that I'd prefer to avoid a heart attack before I'm thirty, but I'd never say their food tastes bad (Except their apples. Those are the cheapest apples I've ever barely stomached in my life).


My bad, you live int he US. Your McDonalds and Burger king are completely different. Int he UK our Burger King's burgers are better than McDonalds. The sauces taste nice on the Mcdonalds here, but you take that away and the burger patty has no taste. It's like eating cardboard. Yet they say it's 100% free range beef or something. lol

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users