Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

32,000-Year-Old Plant Resurrected

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:23 AM

Researchers in Russia have revived a fertile plant from the remains of 32,000-year-old fruit that was found buried within the fossilized burrows of ancient squirrels deep in the Siberian ice.

My link

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#2    I Am Not Resisting

I Am Not Resisting

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 323 posts

• "Security Forces wives don't have to be told not to resist."

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

I read this earlier on a news site.  Pretty awesome they were able to do that and it produces pretty flowers. :)

-Don't judge me.
-Did you just say "Don't touch me"?  We're in public!

#3    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostI Am Not Resisting, on 21 February 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

I read this earlier on a news site.  Pretty awesome they were able to do that and it produces pretty flowers. :)

These are amazing times we live in,keep your Ancient Aliens,we Humans are more than capable of doing wonderous things ourselves.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#4    daavin

daavin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 121 posts

• nothing witty, nothing profound... just me.

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:26 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 21 February 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

These are amazing times we live in,keep your Ancient Aliens,we Humans are more than capable of doing wonderous things ourselves.
Well said sir, well said indeed!

I spy with my little eye something that starts with come here and ends with OUCH
                                                   Black Adder

#5    Zero Fox FK

Zero Fox FK

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

• Achieve More - Be Faceless

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Sounds kinda dangerous.
What if the plant produces toxins or something that is potentially lethal to humans because we havnt built up an immunity to it.

#6    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,513 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

View PostZero Fox FK, on 21 February 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Sounds kinda dangerous.
What if the plant produces toxins or something that is potentially lethal to humans because we havnt built up an immunity to it.
You're right, there is a chance of allergic reaction.

#7    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,783 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Mmmmmm 32,000-year-old slushie!!! I just want to know what the flavour will be called, and if it tastes any good!!

#8    chainsawcam

chainsawcam

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

For 6k I'll test it!
I'd do anything for 6k right now, genuinely anything!!

#9    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,783 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:37 PM

View Postchainsawcam, on 21 February 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

For 6k I'll test it!
I'd do anything for 6k right now, genuinely anything!!
Nice to know, I'll let you know if I need to get rid of that annoying guy I work with who talks about his push-bike all day long.

Posted Image

#10    jbondo

jbondo

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:56 PM

In the news today, Russians are still fighting to control an outbreak caused by what is now been named the Armageddon Flower, a prehistoric plant brought to life in a lab just 2 years ago.

Once the plant took hold it literally multiplied at astronomical rates attacking competing plants with a toxin that is produced in it's roots and saturates the soil as it spreads.

It is said that 40% of all other vegetation in Russia and parts of the Ukraine have now been desroyed and or infected with the toxin.

In a rare display, Moscow has reached out for help to stop the spread of the invader that was once deemed a historic success.

Russia has been put in literal lock-down as other countries are deeply concerned about the world crop/food supplies should this killer flower spread it's seed to other continents.

The only saving grace, winter is just a month away. That's when the plant goes dormant and allows for a few months to develop something to fight the onslaught.

Some reports have said that it's already too late though as unconfirmed reports claim sightings of growth in Afghanistan and China.

Computer models show the Armageddon Flower consuming all vegetation on the planet within 8 to 10 years.

#11    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,607 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:13 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 21 February 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Researchers in Russia have revived a fertile plant from the remains of 32,000-year-old fruit that was found buried within the fossilized burrows of ancient squirrels deep in the Siberian ice.
Imagine that  B)

I was about to post this topic. You beat me to it  :tu:

Posted Image

#12    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostZero Fox FK, on 21 February 2012 - 12:13 PM, said:

Sounds kinda dangerous.

I'm sure that's something the scientists took into account. I imagine this plant is being cared for in a controlled environment.

#13    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,757 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 04:17 PM

Was this an extinct plant? Or does a modern variety already exist?  The article didn't say...

#14    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,513 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:27 PM

View Postjbondo, on 21 February 2012 - 02:56 PM, said:

In the news today, Russians are still fighting to control an outbreak caused by what is now been named the Armageddon Flower, a prehistoric plant brought to life in a lab just 2 years ago.

Once the plant took hold it literally multiplied at astronomical rates attacking competing plants with a toxin that is produced in it's roots and saturates the soil as it spreads.

It is said that 40% of all other vegetation in Russia and parts of the Ukraine have now been desroyed and or infected with the toxin.

In a rare display, Moscow has reached out for help to stop the spread of the invader that was once deemed a historic success.

Russia has been put in literal lock-down as other countries are deeply concerned about the world crop/food supplies should this killer flower spread it's seed to other continents.

The only saving grace, winter is just a month away. That's when the plant goes dormant and allows for a few months to develop something to fight the onslaught.

Some reports have said that it's already too late though as unconfirmed reports claim sightings of growth in Afghanistan and China.

Computer models show the Armageddon Flower consuming all vegetation on the planet within 8 to 10 years.

:tu:

#15    Freshness

Freshness

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 42 posts

• Everything we Think we know is all Wrong!

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

This is so awesome, this fruit may be harmful or actually really good for humans, perhaps it has some sort of healing power or health revitalizing ingredients! I want one for sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users