Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The wagon. I fell off it.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

View Postbulveye, on 21 February 2012 - 05:10 PM, said:

Thank you for being nice, I feel fine now. Just ordered pizza and beer, can you believe they have a pizza delivery place that also sells beer! Thats just wrong!

I was once addicted to pain killers. that contained codeine ( which I think makes it more addictive) .   I would have taken them 5- 6 times a day...I did it for 12 years or so... It made me think I was burning up and having headaches.......Amazing how an addiction can fool your body huh?   I knew there was nothing wrong, and i knew I was addicted........ I was too lazy to do anything about it back then...

I knocked it on the head.eventually after getting a big sicker once too often.. Glad I did... It is never easy to just go cold turkey , but  we do get there in the end  for many...  Good luck to you..

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 21 February 2012 - 05:55 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#17    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,829 posts

• "Quickly, I require your fingers."

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

Got my pizza, the pizza delivery girl was pretty and I knew I knew her, turns out she used to work in the same office many years ago. She smiled and it was like the sun rising. Pizza is canny good too.  :yes:

“Extraordinary claims require extraoardinary evidence”

~
Carl Sagan

#18    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,152 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

View Postbulveye, on 21 February 2012 - 05:42 PM, said:

Got my pizza, the pizza delivery girl was pretty and I knew I knew her, turns out she used to work in the same office many years ago. She smiled and it was like the sun rising. Pizza is canny good too.  :yes:
One thing for sure, for being drunk for an entire week, your typing skills are impeccable. You even manage to know when type a new paragraph. :D

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#19    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,829 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 21 February 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

One thing for sure, for being drunk for an entire week, your typing skills are impeccable. You even manage to know when type a new paragraph. :D

It's weird, I should be much more drunk then I am but I feel only a bit drunk, not wasted. Eyes are really itchy like sand in them, think I gave myself an eye infection.

~
Carl Sagan

#20    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,863 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

What kind of drugs had you been doing ?

Just wondering.

#21    Guest_J.P._*

Guest_J.P._*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

View Postclyde barrow, on 21 February 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

What kind of drugs had you been doing ?

Just wondering.
My guess is coke or painkillers.

#22    spud the mackem

spud the mackem

Spud the Mackem

• 3,585 posts

• man who ask for nothing shall never be disappointed

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

Hi Marra,I've just picked up on your predicament,not good,but you will survive,I used to be like that when I came home from sea with a few bob until I woke up one morning halfway down the North Sea on the way to Australia.After a 10 month voyage I had been home 3 days and was on another 10 month round trip.I couldnt remember signing back on,but the lads aboard were pretty sympathetic,and so I decided not to kill myself with booze,although I still have 1 or 2 now and then,but in moderation.Good luck to you its hard giving up and you need to tell yourself that there's,loads of people in cemetaries who would gladly swap places with you.Remember the Sunderland motto NIL DESPERANDUM,or the Mackems motto CONSECTATIO EXCELLENTAIA (Striving for Excellance)....Go for it ! cheers.

(1) try your best, ............if that dont work.
(2) try your second best, ........if that dont work
(3) give up you aint gonna win

#23    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,299 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:17 AM

I wish you luck in your recovery efforts.  I realize that fate could have switched us, and I could have been writing your post.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#24    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,829 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:26 AM

Ok,

The pizza did not last long inside me, don't think my body wanted food in it. Only food I'd had since lunch on Sunday. Drugs over the last week included lots of weed, coke and shrooms.

Last night it took ages to get to sleep, felt terrible, my dreams were broken, it was just a still black and white image that was stuck in place for a few minutes then I would wake up. Then another image would be stuck in place for awhile. Looked like ink drawings of stones piled on each other. They got back to normal by about 5am. Then I was on my uncles farm in the summer with a bag full of art supplies and his wife was making a lime cordial with ice for us to drink. They are both dead in real life.

Woke up this morning and not feeling too ill. Have started the epic task of cleaning up this incredible mess. Rotting food all over the place, mostly the kitchen and lounge. Empty beer cans everywhere, literally hundreds. Every glass and plate has been used. Food in the fridge is off. Carpet is covered in charcoal, fag ash, fag burns, stains. Yak.

Starting to feel hungry and have kept half a pint of water down so far.

Keep getting flash backs of the stupidity I got up to over the last few days and cringe with shame. Keep having to tell myself I cant change the past, only the future.

~
Carl Sagan

#25    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,829 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:00 AM

Ok, Lounge is looking better, carpet stinks. What Can I use to get the smell of beer, food and puke out of carpet with?  :unsure2:

~
Carl Sagan

#26    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,152 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

View Postbulveye, on 22 February 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

Ok, Lounge is looking better, carpet stinks. What Can I use to get the smell of beer, food and puke out of carpet with?  :unsure2:
Sprinkle a little baking soda around and then vacuum it up after about 10 minutes. Burning a few of these candles couldn't hurt either....

Posted Image

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#27    George Ford

George Ford

smile

• 2,829 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:30 PM

going out to buy some food soon, will get shake and vac for carpet. Lounge is mostly very tidy now, kitchen is about 80% done. No booze left in house. Gonna keep on this tidying role and do some of upstairs next. Feel a bit light headed and sickly but no major with drawl like yesterday. I feel dead positive, like this is a big change in my life. Maybe I had to hit what felt like rock bottom to be able to see how bad things could be. I thought I might have died in my sleep last night i was so ill, I'm, glad to be alive today. My friend said I was handing out 20.00 notes to strangers in the pubs we were in. Would explain my lack of money right now. Even that does not p!ss me off too much as I think at least they will remember me if I ever go out ever again.

Also I got my Rotring graphic pen working again! most the charcoal and ash has come out of the carpet.

~
Carl Sagan

#28    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

View Postbulveye, on 22 February 2012 - 10:26 AM, said:

Woke up this morning and not feeling too ill. Have started the epic task of cleaning up this incredible mess. Rotting food all over the place, mostly the kitchen and lounge. Empty beer cans everywhere, literally hundreds. Every glass and plate has been used. Food in the fridge is off. Carpet is covered in charcoal, fag ash, fag burns, stains. Yak.

Ohh my that is a sight I would not like to face...

going out to buy some food soon, will get shake and vac for carpet. Lounge is mostly very tidy now, kitchen is about 80% done. No booze left in house. Gonna keep on this tidying role and do some of upstairs next. Feel a bit light headed and sickly but no major with drawl like yesterday. I feel dead positive, like this is a big change in my life.  

That's a good start..You'll feel better for it...Opening some windows to let the smell of smoke and drink out would help too..  airs the place out ...  Well you could already have done that lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 22 February 2012 - 02:55 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#29    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

View Postbulveye, on 21 February 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Well, what started a week ago as a few drinks has now ended with me being drunk for a full week and ended yesterday with me spending about 300 on Sunday night and bringing back a bottle of whisky and vodka and drinking all that on sunday night/monday. Also there were drugs involved as well.

Thank the gods that I'm physically too ill to drink anything today. Gonna try get some food into me.

I'm hoping that I dont drink ever again.

I've spent about 500 over the space of the week on drugs and alcohol. Feel like an idiot.

Don't beat yourself up. I am sure it is not easy. Just get back on the wagon and don't look back.

Robbie James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users