Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Tassili Paintings -- ancient alien pics?

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 22 February 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

IF the Cave painting were actually of Aliens and There hardware they used to get here there would be thousands and thousands of accounts of such things,world wide ! And Books ,upon Books written about it ?
ANd then we would of by now found at least a few bits and pieces of hardware laying around !
Right ?

I believe the ancients didn't start recording history till much, much later than cave-drawing times, and I don't think there's any chance they would last anyway (e.g. the Library of Alexandria)..

As for the hardware.. Assuming they were made of metal (if they existed), they would disintergrate to nothing much quicker than you think.. Its believed even entire cities like L.A. or New York would be gone, without a trace, within a mere few millennia. Metals oxidize rapidly.

#32    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostLegaia, on 22 February 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

I believe the ancients didn't start recording history till much, much later than cave-drawing times, and I don't think there's any chance they would last anyway (e.g. the Library of Alexandria)..

As for the hardware.. Assuming they were made of metal (if they existed), they would disintergrate to nothing much quicker than you think.. Its believed even entire cities like L.A. or New York would be gone, without a trace, within a mere few millennia. Metals oxidize rapidly.

hardware? meaning alien artifacts?  What if they only visited for one day? Or a week? Then if they zoomed off back where they came from, then doubtless they took their bits and pieces with them... maybe even, when societies got formed into the civil structures we have now, the 'authorities' at the time hid any left behind artefacts away, (like the ARK of the covenant)

Just a one day visit of these strange looking non human creatures could inspire rock paintings as the ancients had to record/describe their unusual sightings. And we dont even know if the ancient painters even had language, do we?

If I go visit my mother for a day, I bring all my stuff back with me, including my 'travelling machine'/car!

Edited by bouncer, 22 February 2012 - 06:01 PM.

#33    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:06 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 22 February 2012 - 01:42 AM, said:

IF the Cave painting were actually of Aliens and There hardware they used to get here there would be thousands and thousands of accounts of such things,world wide ! And Books ,upon Books written about it ?
ANd then we would of by now found at least a few bits and pieces of hardware laying around !
Right ?

But strange cave paintings are found world wide, and many books have been written, do a google!

#34    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:42 PM

View Postbulveye, on 21 February 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

That horned demon with the penises growing on his inside elbows is pretty disturbing.
He's my favorite. He looks like he's comin' to getcha! Booga booga!  :o

#35    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

View Postbouncer, on 22 February 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

Just a one day visit of these strange looking non human creatures could inspire rock paintings as the ancients had to record/describe their unusual sightings. And we dont even know if the ancient painters even had language, do we?
Are you asking if humans could talk to each other six thousand years ago?

#36    karmakazi

karmakazi

Crazy Cat Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,469 posts

• That which does not kill us, makes us stranger.

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

View PostLegaia, on 22 February 2012 - 05:40 PM, said:

Metals oxidize rapidly.

Yeah, just ask anyone who has owned a Vega or a Pinto...

There is no greater risk in life than doing nothing.

#37    bouncer

bouncer

Astral Projection

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

View Postscowl, on 22 February 2012 - 08:45 PM, said:

Are you asking if humans could talk to each other six thousand years ago?

not at all, no, I only questioned if the 'ancient painters' could, I didnt put any time frame there...but the thread expanded into other images/links not just the link in the op...

#38    Legaia

Legaia

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

• "I have grown quite fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

-Sir Winston Churchill

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

View Postbouncer, on 22 February 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

hardware? meaning alien artifacts?  What if they only visited for one day? Or a week? Then if they zoomed off back where they came from, then doubtless they took their bits and pieces with them... maybe even, when societies got formed into the civil structures we have now, the 'authorities' at the time hid any left behind artefacts away, (like the ARK of the covenant)

If I go visit my mother for a day, I bring all my stuff back with me, including my 'travelling machine'/car!

Can't argue with you there. I'm not even close to being sold on the AA theory, though, but I have seen some things that make me really scratch my head.

#39    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:58 PM

View Postbouncer, on 22 February 2012 - 06:06 PM, said:

But strange cave paintings are found world wide, and many books have been written, do a google!

That is because humans are world wide, and humans have imagination, and humans create art. The books that have been written in the vein of Ancient Astronauts are stealing centuries of culture and manipulating it to suit a fantasy. It's just the wrong thing to do IMHO. More respect should be given to the cultures that created these artworks.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#40    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 22 February 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

That is because humans are world wide, and humans have imagination, and humans create art. The books that have been written in the vein of Ancient Astronauts are stealing centuries of culture and manipulating it to suit a fantasy. It's just the wrong thing to do IMHO. More respect should be given to the cultures that created these artworks.

Yeah ! WHat sells is what we want to buy. And most of us want to Buy anything thats about the possibilities ! As for the metals from E.T`s Deep Thought, or Starship of the Imagination. Its construction just be made of pure controlled energy and the actual structure made of nothing we can dream up . YET !
So Look futher my son the E.T.s are out there,Some where. Some how, SOme day ! :w00t:

This is a Work in Progress!

#41    Englishgent

Englishgent

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts

• all dinosaurs are thin at one end, much, much thicker in the middle, then thin again at the far end -- Monty Python

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:36 AM

Most cave paintings were of animals which they hunted for food, skins, horns for tools etc. If aliens did come here in those times, maybe the rock art is just another species they hunted, rather than seeing them as gods. And the few aliens that did come were hunted to extinction. Lets face it, if (and it's a big 'if') they were here thousands of years ago, there would not have been that many of them.
This is not my opinion, it is just a thought :)

#42    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

People Had Scary Stories With Monsters Then, As We Do Today .. And That's Probably What's Depicted There .. On The Other Hand, Who Wouldn't Love Them To Be Paintings Of Real Aliens .... :)

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#43    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:31 PM

View Postbouncer, on 22 February 2012 - 09:00 PM, said:

not at all, no, I only questioned if the 'ancient painters' could,
The answer is yes, they had a spoken language.

I didnt put any time frame there...but the thread expanded into other images/links not just the link in the op...
You can be sure that if they could paint, they could talk.

#44    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 22 February 2012 - 10:58 PM, said:

That is because humans are world wide, and humans have imagination, and humans create art.
This art and imagination also has power as we've seen in hundreds of magnificent churches. If you want to control your tribe, you tell them of the scary stuff the tribe protects you from. You draw frightening images like my werewolf guy and watch the members cower.

The books that have been written in the vein of Ancient Astronauts are stealing centuries of culture and manipulating it to suit a fantasy. It's just the wrong thing to do IMHO. More respect should be given to the cultures that created these artworks.
Additionally, they disregard the brilliance of these ancient cultures in their ability to build incredible structures using clever tools, simple techniques and literally armies of manpower.

It's much like what happened when colonialists went to Africa and discovered the incredible granite masonry in Zimbabwe. They asked the African natives who built these incredible structures since they knew Negroes were incapable of building anything but crude huts.

When the natives showed them how they split smooth blocks from granite outcrops by heating them with fires they asked... who showed them how to do this? They knew Negroes couldn't have learned this on their own.  :rolleyes:

Now we know... it was aliens!

#45    Robbie333

Robbie333

"Seek and you shall find"

• 2,790 posts

• Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:52 PM

View Postbouncer, on 21 February 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

then theres this one:

Quote: "Down below is cave painting is c.10,000 BC and is from Val Camonica, Italy.It appears to depict two beings in protective suits holding strange implements"

whats this all about then?    http://www.ufo-blogg...10000-year.html

...or maybe a pregnant women?

Robbie James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users