Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* - - - - 1 votes

Qur'an burning riots in Afghanistan


  • Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,993 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

View Postand then, on 24 February 2012 - 01:54 AM, said:

Obama should threaten Karzai's ass with the immediate cessation of all aid and a rapid draw down of US forces.  

I believe Karzai has asked for exactly that some time ago.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#32    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,993 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:13 PM

View Postand then, on 24 February 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

IT IS TIME TO GO.  These people are not allies they are enemies of everything Western and if they aren't on board by now they never will be.  Leave them to their passions, filth and misery.  If they get it together at some point we can offer them assistance based on proof of progress: building schools, hospitals etc. If they choose to be lead by a 14th century system of subjugation then let them have what they want.  

We're not there to westernize them, build schools, hospitals or progress them into the 21st century. Or even convert them to Christianity. But I agree, it is time to go.

Edited by ninjadude, 24 February 2012 - 07:13 PM.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#33    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,671 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:59 AM

UPDATE: 24/2/12
http://www.statesman...ng-2198371.html

Over 20 dead now.  Obama  has apologized and caught heat for it from the Right.  So he is going to wait awhile before kissing Pakistan's ass over the 24 REBELS in Pak uniforms we lit up a few weeks ago.  This whole tumult over what amounts to a few hundred pages of ass wipe may actually be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe these fanatics will go completely medieval on us and we can leave early while dispatching them in large numbers to that sandbox in the sky.  If it weren't so damn sad it would be funny.  Ten years, thousands of coffins and billions of dollars later and they come completely unglued with hatred over the burning of a few hundred pages of what amounts to toilet paper.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#34    Habitat

Habitat

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,387 posts
  • Joined:07 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:13 AM

View Postand then, on 25 February 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

UPDATE: 24/2/12
http://www.statesman...ng-2198371.html

Over 20 dead now.  Obama  has apologized and caught heat for it from the Right.  So he is going to wait awhile before kissing Pakistan's ass over the 24 REBELS in Pak uniforms we lit up a few weeks ago.  This whole tumult over what amounts to a few hundred pages of ass wipe may actually be a blessing in disguise.  Maybe these fanatics will go completely medieval on us and we can leave early while dispatching them in large numbers to that sandbox in the sky.  If it weren't so damn sad it would be funny.  Ten years, thousands of coffins and billions of dollars later and they come completely unglued with hatred over the burning of a few hundred pages of what amounts to toilet paper.
So if the Afghans burn American flags you wouldn't be upset ? Just a piece of rag ain't it ?


#35    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,671 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:06 AM

View PostHabitat, on 25 February 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

So if the Afghans burn American flags you wouldn't be upset ? Just a piece of rag ain't it ?
Of course, just as you would if the Aussie flag were desecrated.  But would I riot and cause the death of 20 or more people?  Of course not and that's the whole point.  These people exemplify hate on steroids.  This book is regularly destroyed, as someone else here pointed out, in the blasts at mosques during prayers.  They don't riot over those burned books.  It's only when they can use the event as a focus of hate against an - other - that they raise hell.  From your tone it sounds like you think they are justified to be so out of control.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#36    Habitat

Habitat

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,387 posts
  • Joined:07 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Australia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

View Postand then, on 25 February 2012 - 06:06 AM, said:

Of course, just as you would if the Aussie flag were desecrated.  But would I riot and cause the death of 20 or more people?  Of course not and that's the whole point.  These people exemplify hate on steroids.  This book is regularly destroyed, as someone else here pointed out, in the blasts at mosques during prayers.  They don't riot over those burned books.  It's only when they can use the event as a focus of hate against an - other - that they raise hell.  From your tone it sounds like you think they are justified to be so out of control.
No, I can't approve of violence over book-burning at all, but obviously there is a cultural difference here we have trouble as seeing anything other than primitive and ignorant in such reactions. Seems to me a hopeless campaign over there, I wonder what the soldiers on the ground think about it all, but if eleven years hasn't done the trick, it is time to leave.


#37    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

They do burn American Flags, as well as Bibles and the Tora. It happens quite often. I don't see Christians, or Jews for that matter rioting and attacking innocent bystanders. Another example of what I said in a different thread about muslims and the truth about how "peaceful" they are.


#38    ColoradoParanormal

ColoradoParanormal

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Joined:03 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Colorado

  • 'Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought.'

Posted 25 February 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostHabitat, on 25 February 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

No, I can't approve of violence over book-burning at all, but obviously there is a cultural difference here we have trouble as seeing anything other than primitive and ignorant in such reactions. Seems to me a hopeless campaign over there, I wonder what the soldiers on the ground think about it all, but if eleven years hasn't done the trick, it is time to leave.

I've been deployed over there on more occasions than I'd like to count. I can tell you what the west is being told and the AP is reporting is a complete fallacy.


#39    Raptor Witness

Raptor Witness

    Savant

  • Member
  • 2,306 posts
  • Joined:17 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:So beautiful

  • ראה

Posted 25 February 2012 - 08:07 AM


Posted Image

Press Conference by President Obama - Sept. 10, 2010

Excerpts from speech, in response to Pastor Terry Jones in Florida threatening to burn the holy Koran ...

Jake Tapper.

Q    Thank you, Mr. President.  A couple questions.  First, were you concerned at all when you -- when the administration had Secretary of Defense Gates call this pastor in Florida that you were elevating somebody who is clearly from the fringe?

THE PRESIDENT:  With respect to the individual down in Florida, let me just say -- let me repeat what I said a couple of days ago.  The idea that we would burn the sacred texts of someone elseís religion is contrary to what this country stands for.  Itís contrary to what this country -- this nation was founded on.  And my hope is, is that this individual prays on it and refrains from doing it.

But Iím also Commander-in-Chief, and we are seeing today riots in Kabul, riots in Afghanistan, that threaten our young men and women in uniform.  And so weíve got an obligation to send a very clear message that this kind of behavior or threats of action put our young men and women in harmís way.  And itís also the best imaginable recruiting tool for al Qaeda.

And although this may be one individual in Florida, part of my concern is to make sure that we donít start having a whole bunch of folks all across the country think this is the way to get attention.  This is a way of endangering our troops -- our sons and daughters, fathers and mothers, husbands and wives who are sacrificing for us to keep us safe.  And you donít play games with that.

So I hardly think weíre the ones who elevated this story.  But it is, in the age of the Internet, something that can cause us profound damage around the world, and so weíve got to take it seriously.


MR. GIBBS:  Last question.

THE PRESIDENT:  Wendell.

Q    Thank you, Mr. President.  I wonder if I can get you to weigh in on the wisdom of building a mosque a couple of blocks from Ground Zero.  We know that the organizers have the constitutional right.  What would it say about this country if they were somehow talked out of doing that?  And hasnít the Florida ministerís threat to burn a couple hundred copies of the Koran, hasnít the threat itself put American lives in danger, sir?

THE PRESIDENT:  Well, on the second -- on your second question, thereís no doubt that when someone goes out of their way to be provocative in ways that we know can inflame the passions of over a billion Muslims around the world, at a time when weíve got our troops in a lot of Muslim countries, that's a problem.  And it has made life a lot more difficult for our men and women in uniform who already have a very difficult job.

Posted Image "Make Manifest Destiny a memory ..." 12-7-2011  "When the earth is displaced fully three times at the point of destiny ..." 10-29-2013

#40    ninjadude

ninjadude

    Seeker of truths

  • Member
  • 10,993 posts
  • Joined:11 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Illinois

  • "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:24 PM

View Postand then, on 25 February 2012 - 04:59 AM, said:

they come completely unglued with hatred over the burning of a few hundred pages of what amounts to toilet paper.

I'm sure they consider the Bible similarly.

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

#41    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 6,673 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 25 February 2012 - 11:59 PM

View Postninjadude, on 25 February 2012 - 10:24 PM, said:

I'm sure they consider the Bible similarly.
Actually they consider the Bible a Holy Book and would not burn it, nor would they burn the Torah - at least the Muslims I know feel that way (the type who would kill someone for having burnt a book are simply unhinged and all bets are off).

Jesus is a prophet as far as they are concerned after all.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#42    Flibbertigibbet

Flibbertigibbet

    Remote Viewer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • Joined:24 Nov 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:UK

  • ďI don't care what you say about me, just spell my name right.Ē
    ― P.T. Barnam

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:45 AM

View PostlibstaK, on 25 February 2012 - 11:59 PM, said:

Actually they consider the Bible a Holy Book and would not burn it, nor would they burn the Torah - at least the Muslims I know feel that way (the type who would kill someone for having burnt a book are simply unhinged and all bets are off).

Jesus is a prophet as far as they are concerned after all.

Would they consider it right to burn some of the major magical and Pagan texts?


#43    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 6,673 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

View PostFlibbertigibbet, on 26 February 2012 - 12:45 AM, said:

Would they consider it right to burn some of the major magical and Pagan texts?
They had no problem blowing up the statues of Buddha (grrrrr) and all the biblical texts have issues with "witchcraft" et al so I'm afraid they would likely have no problem with that.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#44    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,671 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

Two more US officers, a major and a colonel were killed in a "secure" site in Kabul today.  The riots continue.  The soldier(s) who carried out their orders haven't been mentioned again and I hope they've been reassigned out of the country.  IT IS TIME TO GO.  In an orderly manner but it is time to leave this mess with them to sort out.  They've received more than sufficient help to have begun serious change if that is what they wanted.  This behavior shows we've lost ground rather than gained it.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#45    Yamato

Yamato

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 10,480 posts
  • Joined:08 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 26 February 2012 - 03:19 AM

View Postand then, on 26 February 2012 - 01:24 AM, said:

Two more US officers, a major and a colonel were killed in a "secure" site in Kabul today.  The riots continue.  The soldier(s) who carried out their orders haven't been mentioned again and I hope they've been reassigned out of the country.  IT IS TIME TO GO.  In an orderly manner but it is time to leave this mess with them to sort out.  They've received more than sufficient help to have begun serious change if that is what they wanted.  This behavior shows we've lost ground rather than gained it.
Should have supported the guy who had this figured out in 2007, Ron Paul.  Is it better to be as slow as this?  How many more have died since then?  How many more still will?

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users