Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Possible "haunting" at my workplace


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:41 PM

So, today at work one of the nightfillers (it's a grocery store) happened to tell me that lately she and other people in the store have been having experiences at random. The nightfiller who told me has been having the back of her shirt tugged downwards, so that her collar would "strangle" her throat. No threat to her health, just a sudden split second tug, which she had happen to her a couple of seconds prior to telling me. She told me that one of the service desk attendees has noticed cupboard doors being open when she closes them a couple of minutes earlier.

Other experiences that the nightfillers have had apparently are sudden movement of the heavy cages (cages are what we move stock onto the floor in, they are basically cages on wheels, with 2 sides, and 2 openings, with a shelf in the middle), plastic tupperwear falling off shelves even though theres plent room without squeezing them in), and a sense of uneasiness.

I have to add, this place does give me bad vibes from time to time. I've posted around the forums on here about a woman who walked from one end of an aisle to the other (thats like 20 meters) in under 5 seconds and made no sound of running (she litterally just disapeared, I didn't see her even after going up to the front of the store), breezes of air when the airconditioner for the store is broken and there are no doors nearby, feelings insecurity and uneasiness (I can only describe it as being watched, and/or "negative energy" in my chest), and the feeling of being poked or touched, yet theres not indication of it being there.

I used to think that someone who used to work here died, as there was this lockers out the back with a name on it and a picture of the man whos locker it was, but I've only just noticed that he actually is the storeman and he is alive. The most compelling "evidence" of a possible haunting is a friend of a nightfiller who saw a ghost run through a shelf, accross the aisle and into another shelf (This was when the store first openned in 2008). I don't know of any deaths or killings in the area, but there used to be an absolutely huge carpark for no reason with a single small take away resteraunt and an old run-down bottle shop (sells alcohol) that was boarded up at the windows and doors. The carpark was a hotspot for alcohol drinkers, smokers, drug users, etc. simply because in the middle of the night it was pitch black, only 2 lights were in there. There could have easily been some crazy stuff going on there.

Anyone got any ideas?

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#2    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 13,668 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:27 PM

View PostSkeptic Chicken, on 23 February 2012 - 02:41 PM, said:

So, today at work one of the nightfillers (it's a grocery store) happened to tell me that lately she and other people in the store have been having experiences at random. The nightfiller who told me has been having the back of her shirt tugged downwards, so that her collar would "strangle" her throat. No threat to her health, just a sudden split second tug, which she had happen to her a couple of seconds prior to telling me. She told me that one of the service desk attendees has noticed cupboard doors being open when she closes them a couple of minutes earlier.

Other experiences that the nightfillers have had apparently are sudden movement of the heavy cages (cages are what we move stock onto the floor in, they are basically cages on wheels, with 2 sides, and 2 openings, with a shelf in the middle), plastic tupperwear falling off shelves even though theres plent room without squeezing them in), and a sense of uneasiness.

I have to add, this place does give me bad vibes from time to time. I've posted around the forums on here about a woman who walked from one end of an aisle to the other (thats like 20 meters) in under 5 seconds and made no sound of running (she litterally just disapeared, I didn't see her even after going up to the front of the store), breezes of air when the airconditioner for the store is broken and there are no doors nearby, feelings insecurity and uneasiness (I can only describe it as being watched, and/or "negative energy" in my chest), and the feeling of being poked or touched, yet theres not indication of it being there.

I used to think that someone who used to work here died, as there was this lockers out the back with a name on it and a picture of the man whos locker it was, but I've only just noticed that he actually is the storeman and he is alive. The most compelling "evidence" of a possible haunting is a friend of a nightfiller who saw a ghost run through a shelf, accross the aisle and into another shelf (This was when the store first openned in 2008). I don't know of any deaths or killings in the area, but there used to be an absolutely huge carpark for no reason with a single small take away resteraunt and an old run-down bottle shop (sells alcohol) that was boarded up at the windows and doors. The carpark was a hotspot for alcohol drinkers, smokers, drug users, etc. simply because in the middle of the night it was pitch black, only 2 lights were in there. There could have easily been some crazy stuff going on there.

Anyone got any ideas?
First let me state that I take the bible as my guide and since the bible does not confirm there are ghosts I don't feel comfortable believing in them.  That said, I was renovating a room in my home once(a bedroom) painting and some minor carpentry and in the middle of the process I began to feel very uneasy when I was in the room alone.  My wife never sensed anything but I distinctly felt it and it got so that when I passed the open door to the room I even felt a cold breeze coming from it.  And a real feeling of malevolence.  While I don't believe in ghosts I very much believe and avoid demon spirits.  I believe that even Jesus name is enough to send them packing and I took some olive oil(symbol of the Holy Spirit)I prayed over it for blessing and I used it to anoint the door and window of the room.  From that day forward I never felt the presence again.  It was certainly nothing as elaborate as an exorcism but ti was quite effective for me.  Was the whole episode down to my imagination?  Possibly but it certainly felt real to me at the time.  Good luck and God bless...

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

    Heatseeker

  • Member
  • 10,593 posts
  • Joined:19 Dec 2003
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Avengers Tower

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

Does the store have security cameras?

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    Subsonicjourno

Subsonicjourno

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 208 posts
  • Joined:25 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Britain

  • https://www.facebook.com/Unconqueredseries

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:54 AM

This experience is eerily similar to what i experienced whilst working at a store last year in England, I'll repost my experiences.


Hi guys and gals. I'm a bit of a skeptic to the whole ghost thing but lately I've experienced a number of things that I just can't explain. I'll start with the first instance. I was in the bathroom of my tiny one bedroom flat brushing my teeth and my girlfriend was in the living room watching TV. Out of the corner of my eye I see what I can only describe as a human shape run past the doorway. It made no noise and was over in a flash. I first thought what the fudge was that, and asked my girlfriend if she'd gone into the bedroom which is the room next to the bathroom. She replied no but said she saw something move into the room. She too only caught a glimpse of it but described exactly the same thing that i saw. I've seen this happen several times since, always when I'm in the bathroom or in the small kitchen we have. Also, I often work late into the evening and on several occasions my girlfriend has said shes experienced some odd things and felt as though she was being watched whilst I wasn't there.
The other night about 3 in the morning were both woken up by the sound of running water. My girlfreind gets up to have a look and finds both taps are on full blast in the bathroom. Now I'm sure I turned them buggers off as is my girlfriend. Might just be dodgy plumbing but it's never happened before.

The second thing is that today at work I saw something that I cant quite get my head round. Now i've worked at this store for two years now and stories about the warehouse pop up occasionally but i've always dismissed this as nonsense. I've seen things out of the corner of my eye several times but just thought it was other staff members moving about. Well after today i know it wasn't a staff member as there were only 3 of us working and the other 2 were on the shopfloor. I saw what i can only describe as a person walk from one side of the warehouse to the other and vanish through the wall!, It was quite far away and happened very quickly but i know what i saw. There is a fire door at the top end of the warehouse but anyone opening it would immediately set off an alarm.
So just what did I see my skeptical brain can't quite get round it....


okay well today at work i saw another thing i can't explain and has once again led me to question my sanity. I was stacking some shelves in one the aisles and had to cover the till which means if a customer needs to buy something i drop what im doing and serve them. Now i was on the second from the end aisle and i looked up and swear i saw a person walking down the next aisle over. So i head to the till to serve them but when i reach it theres nobody there! The aisle was empty and noone could move that fast and me not see them leave the store. I'm seriously getting a bit freaked!

This all happened to me last year. I'm no longer at that store or in that flat and since then have had no strange experiences since.


#5    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

View PostSweetpumper, on 23 February 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

Does the store have security cameras?
Yes there are security cameras. The Nightfiller who told me about the incidents the nightfillers were having told our Groceries manager. He had no reason not to believe that something was happening. He did say he does feel uneasy at times for no particular reason.

But last month 2 drunk youths decided it would be fun to throw sealed plastic bags of cake mix into a freezer, but even though they were close to one of the cameras, it didnt show enough detail to report them to the police. I know that cameras often capture images of "ghosts" (I'll start taking the emphasis off of the word ghost from now for the other forum members on here, I'll try and refer to them as "them"/"it", etc.), but I don't think the camera could capture something. And even if we could check them, I don't think it's gotten to the point of needing to scrounge through the photos.

So I'm afraid this is going to be a thread without photos for proof for now, sorry folks.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#6    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostSubsonicjourno, on 24 February 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

This experience is eerily similar to what i experienced whilst working at a store last year in England, I'll repost my experiences.


Hi guys and gals. I'm a bit of a skeptic to the whole ghost thing but lately I've experienced a number of things that I just can't explain. I'll start with the first instance. I was in the bathroom of my tiny one bedroom flat brushing my teeth and my girlfriend was in the living room watching TV. Out of the corner of my eye I see what I can only describe as a human shape run past the doorway. It made no noise and was over in a flash. I first thought what the fudge was that, and asked my girlfriend if she'd gone into the bedroom which is the room next to the bathroom. She replied no but said she saw something move into the room. She too only caught a glimpse of it but described exactly the same thing that i saw. I've seen this happen several times since, always when I'm in the bathroom or in the small kitchen we have. Also, I often work late into the evening and on several occasions my girlfriend has said shes experienced some odd things and felt as though she was being watched whilst I wasn't there.
The other night about 3 in the morning were both woken up by the sound of running water. My girlfreind gets up to have a look and finds both taps are on full blast in the bathroom. Now I'm sure I turned them buggers off as is my girlfriend. Might just be dodgy plumbing but it's never happened before.

The second thing is that today at work I saw something that I cant quite get my head round. Now i've worked at this store for two years now and stories about the warehouse pop up occasionally but i've always dismissed this as nonsense. I've seen things out of the corner of my eye several times but just thought it was other staff members moving about. Well after today i know it wasn't a staff member as there were only 3 of us working and the other 2 were on the shopfloor. I saw what i can only describe as a person walk from one side of the warehouse to the other and vanish through the wall!, It was quite far away and happened very quickly but i know what i saw. There is a fire door at the top end of the warehouse but anyone opening it would immediately set off an alarm.
So just what did I see my skeptical brain can't quite get round it....


okay well today at work i saw another thing i can't explain and has once again led me to question my sanity. I was stacking some shelves in one the aisles and had to cover the till which means if a customer needs to buy something i drop what im doing and serve them. Now i was on the second from the end aisle and i looked up and swear i saw a person walking down the next aisle over. So i head to the till to serve them but when i reach it theres nobody there! The aisle was empty and noone could move that fast and me not see them leave the store. I'm seriously getting a bit freaked!

This all happened to me last year. I'm no longer at that store or in that flat and since then have had no strange experiences since.
I've seen a few odd things in my life, but I don't think I can apply the idea of spirits to what I've seen. I don't think I have the ability to see them like others do.
Off topic, but have you seen anything else like that since then?

To add to what I've had happen in the store, I had a moment (Can't find the thread atm because the user content lists are broken atm) where I was stacking cartons of Coca-Cola, and I saw someone talking to the dairy manager behind me, then a second later they were at the checkout in front of me, litterally impossible to do that because they weren't even near the end of the conversation they were having. I can't remember what the posters on there narrowed it down to, but to me it was as if I had fallen a sleep, and in a blink of my eyes 30 seconds had passed. I had never had anything happen to me at any point in my 17 years of living (happened last year, I was 18). Might have something to do with what might be in the store, might not. Just putting it out there.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#7    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:37 AM

View PostSubsonicjourno, on 24 February 2012 - 11:54 AM, said:

This experience is eerily similar to what i experienced whilst working at a store last year in England, I'll repost my experiences.


Hi guys and gals. I'm a bit of a skeptic to the whole ghost thing but lately I've experienced a number of things that I just can't explain. I'll start with the first instance. I was in the bathroom of my tiny one bedroom flat brushing my teeth and my girlfriend was in the living room watching TV. Out of the corner of my eye I see what I can only describe as a human shape run past the doorway. It made no noise and was over in a flash. I first thought what the fudge was that, and asked my girlfriend if she'd gone into the bedroom which is the room next to the bathroom. She replied no but said she saw something move into the room. She too only caught a glimpse of it but described exactly the same thing that i saw. I've seen this happen several times since, always when I'm in the bathroom or in the small kitchen we have. Also, I often work late into the evening and on several occasions my girlfriend has said shes experienced some odd things and felt as though she was being watched whilst I wasn't there.
The other night about 3 in the morning were both woken up by the sound of running water. My girlfreind gets up to have a look and finds both taps are on full blast in the bathroom. Now I'm sure I turned them buggers off as is my girlfriend. Might just be dodgy plumbing but it's never happened before.

The second thing is that today at work I saw something that I cant quite get my head round. Now i've worked at this store for two years now and stories about the warehouse pop up occasionally but i've always dismissed this as nonsense. I've seen things out of the corner of my eye several times but just thought it was other staff members moving about. Well after today i know it wasn't a staff member as there were only 3 of us working and the other 2 were on the shopfloor. I saw what i can only describe as a person walk from one side of the warehouse to the other and vanish through the wall!, It was quite far away and happened very quickly but i know what i saw. There is a fire door at the top end of the warehouse but anyone opening it would immediately set off an alarm.
So just what did I see my skeptical brain can't quite get round it....


okay well today at work i saw another thing i can't explain and has once again led me to question my sanity. I was stacking some shelves in one the aisles and had to cover the till which means if a customer needs to buy something i drop what im doing and serve them. Now i was on the second from the end aisle and i looked up and swear i saw a person walking down the next aisle over. So i head to the till to serve them but when i reach it theres nobody there! The aisle was empty and noone could move that fast and me not see them leave the store. I'm seriously getting a bit freaked!

This all happened to me last year. I'm no longer at that store or in that flat and since then have had no strange experiences since.
I've seen a few odd things in my life, but I don't think I can apply the idea of spirits to what I've seen. I don't think I have the ability to see them like others do.
Off topic, but have you seen anything else like that since then?

To add to what I've had happen in the store, I had a moment (Can't find the thread atm because the user content lists are broken atm) where I was stacking cartons of Coca-Cola, and I saw someone talking to the dairy manager behind me, then a second later they were at the checkout in front of me, litterally impossible to do that because they weren't even near the end of the conversation they were having. I can't remember what the posters on there narrowed it down to, but to me it was as if I had fallen a sleep, and in a blink of my eyes 30 seconds had passed. I had never had anything happen to me at any point in my 17 years of living (happened last year, I was 18). Might have something to do with what might be in the store, might not. Just putting it out there.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#8    Subsonicjourno

Subsonicjourno

    Ectoplasmic Residue

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 208 posts
  • Joined:25 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Britain

  • https://www.facebook.com/Unconqueredseries

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hi in response to your question, No since moving from that store and the area i have not experienced anything else like that. Could your loss of time possibly be down to tiredness, i know working in a store can be extremely hard work and tiring. More than once I was so exhausted I almost dozed off. I'd also suggest that if you continue to experience such things like it you go see your doctor as it also could be mini blackouts.


#9    Sakari

Sakari

    tohi

  • Member
  • 12,219 posts
  • Joined:16 Aug 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

  • Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:26 PM

Any ideas?

I have a few....

One......

It starts with one person having something strange happen to them.Then every time a breeze is felt ( or thought to be felt ), or a tug, or a noise, this person starts freaking themself out more . ( their first thought was a ghost )......Now, this person starts telling other people, and it spreads like the flu.

Soon, a group of people have shared stories, and have now started a " carnival of fear " with the group.

Not sure how many work in the store, but if it is a larger store, I am sure you have people there that have witnessed nothing, or have the same thoughts as I do.

I have seen this happen myself, and actually recently posted a story about the place.......Took my wife without her knowing the back ground, and she thought it was a very peaceful place, and wants to go back.Told my sister about the stories, so now she does not want to go there.

Our imagination can do strange things, especially when there is a background story given first.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm


#10    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • Joined:20 Jul 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Western Australia

Posted 29 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

View PostSakari, on 26 February 2012 - 07:26 PM, said:

Any ideas?

I have a few....

One......

It starts with one person having something strange happen to them.Then every time a breeze is felt ( or thought to be felt ), or a tug, or a noise, this person starts freaking themself out more . ( their first thought was a ghost )......Now, this person starts telling other people, and it spreads like the flu.

Soon, a group of people have shared stories, and have now started a " carnival of fear " with the group.

Not sure how many work in the store, but if it is a larger store, I am sure you have people there that have witnessed nothing, or have the same thoughts as I do.

I have seen this happen myself, and actually recently posted a story about the place.......Took my wife without her knowing the back ground, and she thought it was a very peaceful place, and wants to go back.Told my sister about the stories, so now she does not want to go there.

Our imagination can do strange things, especially when there is a background story given first.
Thanks for the feedback. Bad case of Chinese Whispers like you said, I guess.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users