Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New Trail Cam Pic

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#16    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,357 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:51 PM

So, was Bigfoot backing his way to the camera when this was taken?

No shots before or after?

It's fun, but no more convincing than any other of the hoaxes.

#17    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,099 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:41 PM

Looks like one of my old Gilly suits, LOL

I think a ghillie suit is a much more plausible explanation for 1 o 2 "sightings."

#18    hucksterfoot

hucksterfoot

Apparition

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

There is a more clear photo up without the watermark now.

Edit to add: More drama than Bigfoot over there.  :]

I'm thinking that is a Summersweet (Clethra alnifolia) shrub ...Bigfoot is blocking the view.

Edited by hucksterfoot, 23 February 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#19    RightInTheStatisticals

RightInTheStatisticals

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 96 posts

• Do, or do not, there is no try. ~ A little green alien

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

View Postsupervike, on 23 February 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

So, was Bigfoot backing his way to the camera when this was taken?

No shots before or after?

It's fun, but no more convincing than any other of the hoaxes.

Well the blog says the witness has a series of photo's so there might be more. Not holding my breath. ^_^

I'm going to go right out and claim someone is trying hard to get on the next season of Face Off.  :lol:

#20    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,883 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:12 AM

View PostParticle Noun, on 23 February 2012 - 06:51 PM, said:

Ok, it's not a blob squatch, and there are some intriguing elements to this, but overall this won't do anything to settle anything.

If it is a hoax, I'd lean more toward well crafted model, as the skin below the hair (if that's what I'm seeing) leads me away from a suit theory.  But you could craft the upper part of a model like that and individually plant hair.

Posted Image

Here is the blog where info on the image can be found. There isn't much there to back this up one way or another.

The Search for Bigfoot

I do not have a lot of time, but enough......Anyone that knows about trail cameras, how to use, how they work, etc. would and should see red flags everywhere.Not just red flags, obvious mistakes by the hoaxer on this.

Questions :

One : Where is the time stamp on the picture? ( A thing all trail cameras have )

There is not one, because this was not taken with a trail camera.It was taken with a regular camera.

Two : Why is whatever it is walking into a low lying branch?

Anyone hunt or hike here?.....I hope so, so they will also understand a animal of any kind would not be walking into a low lying branch like the picture shows.Would you?Remember, it is dark out.No arm up to get ready to guard eyes, or move the branch.Dumb Bif did not even walk on a game trail.

Three : Did Bigfoot walk out of the tree the camera is on? .........If not, where are the other pictures of bif's side, before he turned to walk directly away from the camera?

How many people see animals, or people that matter walk, and turn  this close to a tree.I have never captured a animal walking directly  with it's back to a tree, never, and this close to the tree....No  way.Even in the farest stretch someone will say it is possible, there  would be a better picture of Bif's profile ( trail cameras take " bursts  " of pictures depending on the setting ).....Oh wait, they covered that conveniently.

Number of images in this series: This will not be disclosed OR what number this photo is in the series,

Four : Why is a trail camera pointed to a low lying branch in the first place, and not a game trail, or open area?

Answers :

There is not one, because this was not taken with a trail camera.It was taken with a regular camera.Also, same answer as above, and a little more.No one points a trail camera to a area they will not have a good chance of catching something.A game trail, a area where a animal walks around, or travels, facing as so a animal will be caught walking towards, or away from the camera ( at an angle ) so many pictures will be taken of the animal as it walks away, or by the camera.
No one puts a camera towards a branch, and 6 feet up a tree.( isn't Bif supposed to be 7 - 9 feet tall? )Look at the angle, this camera would have to be at least this high up.
Oh wait, no angle....Hmmm...Strange, trail cameras are put with a slight downward angle to capture a animals entire body, and not just antlers or a ears.

Gotta go now.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#21    Particle Noun

Particle Noun

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

• Remember yourself, always and everywhere
    -G.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:15 AM

Ha!  I was thinking of Face Off also!!!

#22    Particle Noun

Particle Noun

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

-G.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:08 AM

I agree.  There are red flags all over this.  I think it's a neato picture, but doesn't get anyone anywhere.

#23    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:15 AM

looks like he stopped for a pee lol.....Definately a fake.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#24    Particle Noun

Particle Noun

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 238 posts

-G.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

Posted Image

Enhanced.  Biggest red flag for me?  look at the base of both arms toward the bottom of the picture.  You can SEE FOLIAGE WHERE THE ARMS SHOULD BE.  So, either the arms are bent at a VERY weird angle, or, its some sort of model bust.

Edit:  I didn't do the enhancements.  User VincentGrimore at BFF is responsible.

Edited by Particle Noun, 24 February 2012 - 01:20 AM.

#25    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,761 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:21 AM

There is no EXIF information, which is a huge red flag. Also the owner of the photo says they cropped it...another red flag.

#26    _Only

_Only

• 6,487 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostParticle Noun, on 24 February 2012 - 01:19 AM, said:

Biggest red flag for me?  look at the base of both arms toward the bottom of the picture.  You can SEE FOLIAGE WHERE THE ARMS SHOULD BE.  So, either the arms are bent at a VERY weird angle, or, its some sort of model bust.

Biggest red flag for me is what Sakari said about the absence of a time stamp. They say it was a trail cam, but if the time stamp is removed after the fact, anything behind it in the picture would also be removed. Therefore, they're lying. And lying is never good for credibility.

Not that the Bigfoot camp thrives on credibility.

edit: Nevermind, I just read now that it has supposedly been cropped. My flag has blown away. But there are still many more flying in my yard.

Edited by Jerry Only, 24 February 2012 - 01:41 AM.

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

#27    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,883 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

View PostJerry Only, on 24 February 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

edit: Nevermind, I just read now that it has supposedly been cropped. My flag has blown away. But there are still many more flying in my yard.

Yes, I missed that excuse also.....Saw the one about with holding the other pic's, but not that this is cropped.

They new the questions that would be coming, and put the excuses out a head of time.....

Picture is cropped, with holding the other pictures, with holding location.......etc.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#28    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,761 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 02:14 AM

View PostJerry Only, on 24 February 2012 - 01:40 AM, said:

Biggest red flag for me is what Sakari said about the absence of a time stamp. They say it was a trail cam, but if the time stamp is removed after the fact, anything behind it in the picture would also be removed. Therefore, they're lying. And lying is never good for credibility.

Not that the Bigfoot camp thrives on credibility.

The EXIF information would have given us the time, date, type & make of camera, exposure, flash, if the photo has layers, or has been altered with software, and what software altered it, etc.

Getting rid of this EXIF info is a deliberate act. It does not happen by accident.

Sakari brought up many excellent red flags that a lot of folks that are unfamiliar with trail cams would not think of.

No doubt this is fake.

#29    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,099 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:24 AM

Biggest red flag to me is that hotfoot is not real

#30    orangepeaceful79

orangepeaceful79

Poltergeist

• Closed