Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * - 1 votes

Seinfeld Actor Attempts Suicide


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    Bracket

Bracket

    Evil Monkey Genius

  • Member
  • 3,968 posts
  • Joined:26 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Massachusetts

  • I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:00 PM

abcnews.go.com said:

Daniel von Bargen, perhaps best known as Mr  Kruger on “Seinfeld”, was hospitalized this week after shooting himself in the head in a botched suicide attempt.

Posted Image Read more...


I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#2    Robbie333

Robbie333

    "Seek and you shall find"

  • Member
  • 2,790 posts
  • Joined:25 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

Very, very sad.

Robbie James

#3    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

    Telekinetic

  • Banned
  • 7,519 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:16 PM

Wow, I thought it was Jason Alexander, I don't know why, I really had a feeling that it was him....

Anyway, sad. Von Bargen and Jason Alexander had a good chemistry on the show. Kruger was not a funny character, but Von Bargen was obviously a talented actor.


#4    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,136 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male

  • "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

That is very sad. Wow, it was a .38 pistol, those usually do a pretty good job of putting a hole where they are pointed...he must have flinched last second or something.

Well, he will get some help at the hospital, hopefully he takes it and gets better.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#5    Robbie333

Robbie333

    "Seek and you shall find"

  • Member
  • 2,790 posts
  • Joined:25 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostFluffybunny, on 23 February 2012 - 09:20 PM, said:

That is very sad. Wow, it was a .38 pistol, those usually do a pretty good job of putting a hole where they are pointed...he must have flinched last second or something.

Well, he will get some help at the hospital, hopefully he takes it and gets better.

      I thought the same thing. A .38, hmmm. Maybe it was a hollow point and fragged too much to hit the right places. Him making the call suggest to me that he pretty much had second thoughts moved the gun and it went off. Sad any way you look at it.

Robbie James

#6    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,136 posts
  • Joined:24 Oct 2003
  • Gender:Male

  • "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

View PostRobbie333, on 23 February 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

I thought the same thing. A .38, hmmm. Maybe it was a hollow point and fragged too much to hit the right places. Him making the call suggest to me that he pretty much had second thoughts moved the gun and it went off. Sad any way you look at it.
Yeah, my ears are ringing just thinking how loud that would be right next to your head like that...of course that isn't one of the guys big problems right now but wow...big bang.

I have seen so many people shoot themselves with a .22 (I think one of the most commonly used calibers) and they generally don't have enough power to exit, they just go in and bounce around until the bullet runs out of momentum. What a mess. Anyway...sad. I hate seeing people that feel like that is their best option.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#7    Robbie333

Robbie333

    "Seek and you shall find"

  • Member
  • 2,790 posts
  • Joined:25 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostFluffybunny, on 23 February 2012 - 09:52 PM, said:

Yeah, my ears are ringing just thinking how loud that would be right next to your head like that...of course that isn't one of the guys big problems right now but wow...big bang.

I have seen so many people shoot themselves with a .22 (I think one of the most commonly used calibers) and they generally don't have enough power to exit, they just go in and bounce around until the bullet runs out of momentum. What a mess. Anyway...sad. I hate seeing people that feel like that is their best option.


       You are correct. .22 do lots of damage without death many times. Not to get off topic that is why I am a proponant of changing the NATO round 5.56 by .45mm to a more lethal 7.62 by 51mm.

Robbie James

#8    and then

and then

    Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

  • Member
  • 17,754 posts
  • Joined:15 Dec 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Land's End

  • I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies for the hardest victory is over SELF.
    Aristotle

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:12 PM

View PostRobbie333, on 23 February 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

You are correct. .22 do lots of damage without death many times. Not to get off topic that is why I am a proponant of changing the NATO round 5.56 by .45mm to a more lethal 7.62 by 51mm.
I was a MRI tech at a VA hospital for 5 years and saw and heard some interesting things.  One guy was there for a brain scan and while I'm screening him for surgeries, foreign bodies, shrapnel.etc  he ups and says "Well, I got shot in the head once."  And points to this dimple in his forehead!  He was in his bunk watching a friend cleaning his .45 and next thing he knows it's 5 months later and he's waking up in the hospital.  And he didn't even have a mental deficit - seemed as normal as anyone else...amazing.

  We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#9    Bracket

Bracket

    Evil Monkey Genius

  • Member
  • 3,968 posts
  • Joined:26 Oct 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Massachusetts

  • I'm the fourth wise monkey.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 23 February 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:

Wow, I thought it was Jason Alexander, I don't know why, I really had a feeling that it was him....

Anyway, sad. Von Bargen and Jason Alexander had a good chemistry on the show. Kruger was not a funny character, but Von Bargen was obviously a talented actor.

Really? If anything, i would have thought of Michael Richards. Jason Alexander always seems to be in a good mood whenever i see him in newer stuff.  :huh:

Edited by Bracket, 23 February 2012 - 10:16 PM.

I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

*Note to self, need more henchman, good ones this time. Also, start auditions for new female lab assistant.

#10    JonathanVonErich

JonathanVonErich

    Telekinetic

  • Banned
  • 7,519 posts
  • Joined:19 Jul 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostBracket, on 23 February 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Really? If anything, i would have thought of Michael Richards. Jason Alexander always seems to be in a good mood whenever i see him in newer stuff.  :huh:
I don't know why, I simply had a feeling that it was Jason. I often read that he was depressed, that he had trouble finding other jobs since the end of Seinfeld, that he was disappointed that his new project ( Listen Up ) was canceled after a few shows.....


#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 15,166 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:30 PM

View PostJonathanVonErich, on 23 February 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I don't know why, I simply had a feeling that it was Jason. I often read that he was depressed, that he had trouble finding other jobs since the end of Seinfeld, that he was disappointed that his new project ( Listen Up ) was canceled after a few shows.....
He's quite a talented voice actor - and downright creepy when given the chance (Criminal Minds).

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#12    Robbie333

Robbie333

    "Seek and you shall find"

  • Member
  • 2,790 posts
  • Joined:25 Jan 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USA

  • Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there; I do not sleep.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

View Postand then, on 23 February 2012 - 10:12 PM, said:

I was a MRI tech at a VA hospital for 5 years and saw and heard some interesting things.  One guy was there for a brain scan and while I'm screening him for surgeries, foreign bodies, shrapnel.etc  he ups and says "Well, I got shot in the head once."  And points to this dimple in his forehead!  He was in his bunk watching a friend cleaning his .45 and next thing he knows it's 5 months later and he's waking up in the hospital.  And he didn't even have a mental deficit - seemed as normal as anyone else...amazing.


          Pretty amazing and a .45 too boot. Very lucky indeed.

Robbie James

#13    sickpuppy

sickpuppy

    tinfoil

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts
  • Joined:12 Sep 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:down under

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

my head, hot and wild with emotions
the metal cold and soothing in my hands
do i? don't i? BANG!

- eulogy performed by J. Peterman catalogue :devil:

My contribution is deciding how giant mutant space goats travel in space.
Newton's Second Law: For every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. They fart themselves around.

#14    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

    Vertically Challenged

  • Member
  • 7,605 posts
  • Joined:09 Aug 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Home of 'The Orange'

  • We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

    'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

He was brilliant in Super Troopers. I hope everything turns out well for him and he gets all the help he needs.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users