Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Anne Frank baptized after death? by Mormons?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

www.thestar.com said:

So the Mormons have now attempted to steal the souls of the parents of famed Nazi hunter, the late Simon Weisenthal, just like they tried to steal the soul of thousands of victims of the Holocaust, including Anne Frank, and even such people as Barack Obama's late mother, who was "conicidentally" baptized only months before the 2008 presidential election.

Posted Image Read more...
Now I s'pose there is no big deal for the deceased (at least it wouldn't be for me) since they don't really know about it, but I s'pose for the survivors it could pose a problem?
And what would Romney think about that?
How do you give magic undies to dead people?

http://blogs.jpost.c...-problem-romney

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 12,004 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

And this is why the Mormons have been told to not do this to the Jewish community, the emotional distress it causes to Holocaust survivors and/or their families as well as the families of the victims of the Holocaust. And the Mormons time and again have said "we'll stop" and they never do.

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:33 AM

View PostParacelse, on 24 February 2012 - 07:13 AM, said:

Now I s'pose there is no big deal for the deceased (at least it wouldn't be for me) since they don't really know about it, but I s'pose for the survivors it could pose a problem?
And what would Romney think about that?
How do you give magic undies to dead people?

http://blogs.jpost.c...-problem-romney
Yup, no big deal. When I read the Newspaper, I bless and Baptize by name, all those in the obits section to Heaven. Takes me a while sometimes to read the paper Good thing I Live in a small town,lol. but making it a dog and pony show, or notify survivors, I would not do. It's for them. (Im not a Mormon Mon)
Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka, 24 February 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#4    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 24 February 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

And this is why the Mormons have been told to not do this to the Jewish community, the emotional distress it causes to Holocaust survivors and/or their families as well as the families of the victims of the Holocaust. And the Mormons time and again have said "we'll stop" and they never do.
Yeah somewhere I've read Simon Wisenthal has been baptized also but he's fame was not as great as that of Anne Franck so it didn't creates the same media wave.

Edited by Paracelse, 24 February 2012 - 07:36 AM.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6

#5    Omnaka

Omnaka

Omnaka

• 7,064 posts

• Forgive the Body and love the soul, For the soul is Gods Eternal child, your Brother.
    O.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:36 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 24 February 2012 - 07:33 AM, said:

I think they should keep doing it, just shut up about it and stop publicizing it.
Forgiving someones sins and sending them to our heaven is a private affair for the spirit involved.
Love Omnaka

Edited by Omnaka, 24 February 2012 - 07:37 AM.

#6    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,611 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

Great news! I always wanted to meet Anne Frank. Now that she will be in heaven too I will be able to.

/tongue-in-cheek

Edited by Unseelie, 24 February 2012 - 09:10 AM.

#7    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:28 AM

View PostUnseelie, on 24 February 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Great news! I always wanted to meet Anne Frank. Now that she will be in heaven too I will be able to.

/tongue-in-cheek
Methink that just from what she suffered from the nazis she should be there if the place existed and didn't need the morons oups mormons  :innocent:

République No.6

#8    Habitat

Habitat

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:33 AM

Quite offensive. As if getting the blessing of the Mormons would make a difference. What hubris ! Makes the church of Rome seems positively benign.

#9    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:38 AM

View PostHabitat, on 24 February 2012 - 09:33 AM, said:

Quite offensive. As if getting the blessing of the Mormons would make a difference. What hubris ! Makes the church of Rome seems positively benign.
That's because the vatican have way much more experience in hidding things :P

République No.6

#10    wittyusernamefailed

wittyusernamefailed

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

• "Well, this is gonna be a wipe"

Posted 24 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

Only problem with the whole thing is that such "blessing" would only get them to the "servant" circle of heaven. They still have to vie for a spot at the 10,000 ruler spots.(they may have had a "Revelation" that bumped up the spot number a few K, but I don't keep up with the latest belief fads on the Mormon circuit.) But basically is just getting more slaves for the heavenly Plantation( or w/e the servants are supposed to do in the Mormon version of Heaven. Personally I always thought Valhalla was more badass).

Edited by wittyusernamefailed, 24 February 2012 - 11:50 AM.

#11    Wyvernkeeper

Wyvernkeeper

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

I thought the whole posthumous baptising thing was out of order...

Having said that, if the Mormons feel they can do it to other people, then people can do similar things to Mormons

My Aunt showed me this website, couldn't stop laughing when I saw it...    http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/

Edited by Wyvernkeeper, 24 February 2012 - 12:57 PM.

#12    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:02 PM

Yup, no big deal. When I read the Newspaper, I bless and Baptize by name, all those in the obits section to Heaven. Takes me a while sometimes to read the paper Good thing I Live in a small town

I've never met anyone who had the power to forgive other people's sins and send them to heaven. This is quite a valuable skill to have. Would you consider doing this full time? Perhaps setting up a website so that people can donate money, food, and water to you so that you can do this 18 hours a day for people across the world? Seems like it's not fair that only the people in your town receive the benefits of your gift.

#13    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:50 PM

View PostWyvernkeeper, on 24 February 2012 - 12:56 PM, said:

I thought the whole posthumous baptising thing was out of order...

Having said that, if the Mormons feel they can do it to other people, then people can do similar things to Mormons

My Aunt showed me this website, couldn't stop laughing when I saw it...    http://alldeadmormonsarenowgay.com/
I laughed so hard I couldn't resist sharing this link with all my friends .... thanks  :tu: :tu: :tu:

République No.6

#14    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:45 PM

From the article

"I am a Holocaust survivor. It is so offensive in the sense that Holocaust victims were killed solely because they were Jews. And here comes the Mormon church taking away their Jewishness," said Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League. "It's like killing them twice."Mormons believe the baptism ritual allows deceased people a way to the afterlife, but it offends members of many other religions.

Jews are particularly offended by an attempt to alter the religion of Holocaust victims, and the baptism of Holocaust survivors was supposed to have been barred by a 1995 agreement.                   

If  they really did do this to a dead Jewish girl, then they should be ashamed of themselves..  I do not get why Mormons  feel the argue to baptise  the dead anyway? Baptism is for the living and is a chose that is made by either parents  at birth and yourself later on.. It is all about how you want to live and do things.. .  It means nothing in death  if  the dead have not consented..  highly unlikely they will do either

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 24 February 2012 - 04:46 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#15    Verneph

Verneph

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

• I probably think too much...

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

It is per my understanding that Baptism is an anointing of holy water, typically on the forehead, that sort of requires the soon-to-be Christian's (or Mormon, whatever) presence. What did they do? Find Anne Frank's body and anoint it? How can you baptize someone without their consent nor their presence? What if the person isn't willing to "accept the light of Christ" into their lives? Or deaths? I'm confused, how does this bloody work!?  :wacko:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users