Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The gods vs aliens debate

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#16    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

• ...they keep us doped with religion and sex and tv...and we think we're so clever and classless and free...

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

When I was young and impressionable I read "Chariots of the Gods"{and I know some of this work has since been discredited},but it forced me to explore other disciplines{Palaeontology,Astronomy,Archaeology etc.},and what I found to be true was a common thread about creation in many ancient civilizations .And if these ancients had no interaction with one another,then this suggests something other than the party line{for lack of a better phrase}.

"you oughta be in here looking out"

#17    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,370 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:17 AM

View PostRoyal, on 16 March 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

When I was young and impressionable I read "Chariots of the Gods"{and I know some of this work has since been discredited},

To say "some of his work has since been discredited" is putting it pretty nicely. Frankly, he was a populist that overall made up his entire tale.

but it forced me to explore other disciplines{Palaeontology,Astronomy,Archaeology etc.},and what I found to be true was a common thread about creation in many ancient civilizations .And if these ancients had no interaction with one another,then this suggests something other than the party line{for lack of a better phrase}.

I would suggest that you visit the Ancient Mysteries and Alternative History part of the forum. You'll find some incredibly educated and knowledgeable people there. And I am sure they'd be more than willing to engage you in a discussion with an open mind :) Go for it!

Cheers,
Badeskov

Edited by badeskov, 17 March 2012 - 02:17 AM.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#18    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

• ...they keep us doped with religion and sex and tv...and we think we're so clever and classless and free...

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:37 AM

View Postbadeskov, on 17 March 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

To say "some of his work has since been discredited" is putting it pretty nicely. Frankly, he was a populist that overall made up his entire tale.

I would suggest that you visit the Ancient Mysteries and Alternative History part of the forum. You'll find some incredibly educated and knowledgeable people there. And I am sure they'd be more than willing to engage you in a discussion with an open mind :) Go for it!

Cheers,
Badeskov
                                                                                                                                                                      I thought this was the Gods vs Aliens debate thread! I'm just getting warmed up.

#19    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,370 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 17 March 2012 - 03:00 AM

View PostRoyal, on 17 March 2012 - 02:37 AM, said:

I thought this was the Gods vs Aliens debate thread! I'm just getting warmed up.

It is indeed. However, while I know the accolades of Daniken et. al., you would learn a lot more in the history part of the forum. People there are much more knowledgeable than I could ever hope to be. This stuff has been and is being discussed as we speak (write) extensively there.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#20    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 17 March 2012 - 04:42 AM

Seriously Von Daniken ! Posted Image

A Laughing stock who should have been left in obscurity but was unfortunately pulled back to again festoon the world with his drivel.

There are Monuments to man's ingenuity all over the world,but some still choose to dumb our ancestors down.Where is this wonderous alien technology that we allegedly used to construct things such as the Pyramids?Why hasn't any of it been dug up?

Edited by shaddow134, 17 March 2012 - 04:59 AM.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#21    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,549 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Say what you want about the man Badeskov, but he was a scholar on the Sumerian civilization.

And his point that at some point in human history a huge and significant leap in knowledge and technology occured cannot be denied.

#22    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:47 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 17 March 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Say what you want about the man Badeskov, but he was a scholar on the Sumerian civilization.

And his point that at some point in human history a huge and significant leap in knowledge and technology occured cannot be denied.

We have made a huge and significant leap in knowledge and technology  in just the last 100 years,i don't remember any Alien intervention do you.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#23    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,549 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

We're not talking about the last 100 years ago Shaddow, we're talking about thousands of years ago.

#24    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:19 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 17 March 2012 - 09:36 PM, said:

We're not talking about the last 100 years ago Shaddow, we're talking about thousands of years ago.

Same principle wether it's the last 100 years or thousands of years ago,the fact is that from the first  moment Homo Sapiens fashioned their first tool,our ability to fashion our enviroment to suit our needs was born.

I just wonder sometimes wether the Alien intervention crowd think that the little green men are going to rush in and save our apparently doomed Civilisation.All i know is our destiny was always going to be ours and ours alone.

Edited by shaddow134, 17 March 2012 - 11:19 PM.

#25    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:30 AM

[quote name='shaddow134' timestamp='1332026343' post='4235365']
Same principle wether it's the last 100 years or thousands of years ago,the fact is that from the first  moment Homo Sapiens fashioned their first tool,our ability to fashion our enviroment to suit our needs was born.

I just wonder sometimes wether the Alien intervention crowd think that the little green men are going to rush in and save our apparently doomed Civilisation.All i know is our destiny was always going to be ours and ours alone.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        There is an undeniable common thread among ancient societies about beings,coming to the earth from above,from the heavens,from the stars,and implanting in the ancients minds who and how and why they should be worshipped as God[s],and also that they will return at some point.So the ancients recorded these events in stone and tried to emulate these Gods in anticipation of this return.If you don't believe in gods or aliens,thats OK,but this is what happened and we see it in what the ancients left us.

Edited by Royal, 18 March 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#26    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:38 AM

Sorry about that,I blended the two posts together and made it worse when I tried to edit. I blame myself.

#27    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,530 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 03:32 AM

View PostRoyal, on 18 March 2012 - 12:30 AM, said:

I just wonder sometimes wether the Alien intervention crowd think that the little green men are going to rush in and save our apparently doomed Civilisation.All i know is our destiny was always going to be ours and ours alone.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        There is an undeniable common thread among ancient societies about beings,coming to the earth from above,from the heavens,from the stars,and implanting in the ancients minds who and how and why they should be worshipped as God[s],and also that they will return at some point.So the ancients recorded these events in stone and tried to emulate these Gods in anticipation of this return.If you don't believe in gods or aliens,thats OK,but this is what happened and we see it in what the ancients left us.

It is not about belief,but fact and the fact is there absolutely no evidence that we were visited by Aliens.Present me with an artifact of Alien origin from three or four thousand years ago and i will believe.

Sitchin,Von Daniken,Childress and all the rest of the Alien interventionists present you with flawed sometimes fake evidence, and they are not prepared to present it any way but to their own scenario.As for your events recorded in stone,i say that interpretation is how you see things and want to see things regardless what the true facts may be.

#28    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,549 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 17 March 2012 - 11:19 PM, said:

I just wonder sometimes wether the Alien intervention crowd think that the little green men are going to rush in and save our apparently doomed Civilisation.All i know is our destiny was always going to be ours and ours alone.

I just wonder all the time how so many humans are utterly unaware of the size of the universe.  At least that's the way they talk, thinking that ours is the only planet that could possibly be occupied.  Usually, religious faith is a factor in the equation for that small-minded view.

#29    Royal

Royal

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

In the book of Genesis it states that God created Eve from Adams rib...wait a minute...how did God know that you could create one being from the cells of another of the same?...and why would God tell ancient people about this?...Oh I know,GOD wanted us to worship him/her as an all powerful and omnipotent being so that when he/she returns we would all bow.This artifact is presented from the belief system of 1/5 people on the planet.

#30    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,370 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 01:02 AM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 18 March 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

I just wonder all the time how so many humans are utterly unaware of the size of the universe.  At least that's the way they talk, thinking that ours is the only planet that could possibly be occupied.  Usually, religious faith is a factor in the equation for that small-minded view.

Who says that Earth would be the only planet in the Universe that is occupied? Frankly, I know of nobody saying that. Are you equaling the disbelief in ET visitation on Earth with the disbelief of life elsewhere in the Universe? If so, you would be rather incorrect in my honest opinion. Personally, most people I know adhere to the former, where I do not know a single person adhering to the latter.

Cheers,
Badeskov

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users